News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Bob Chapek is that you?
rich robin hood GIF

Lil Copter Cap

They’re taking advantage of something, that’s for sure.

In all seriousness, if people need a “Disney Christmas fix” at these prices, maybe it’s time to reevaluate your life choices. This is asinine.

I have to agree. Boo Bash starting at $129 felt expensive as well, but these prices are downright astronomical. (And for those that want to mention it: yes yes, fireworks and a parade and attraction overlays and lower waits and etc etc etc, I get it)

$99 - $139 looks to be the quoted price of Very Merry in 2019. I recognize that an After Hours event offers lower wait times, but beyond that...wowza.

Setting precedent for a return of holiday parties next year without limited capacities and with higher price tags, for suuurrrreee

Hcalvert

I can only go the two latest December dates and unfortunately, Disney priced us out. I cannot validate spending $750+tax on one event for three people, especially since we're all Platinum passholders. I miss the days when Disney gave APs a $40 discount on the special event tickets. This just leaves me with a feeling of disgust.

Last edited:

kong1802

So boo bash was $129-199 and this is $169-249.

You get an extra hour and a parade.

It’s gonna fill up.

Wonder if capacity will be higher than boo bash?

Is this the new floor pricing for parties?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I can only go the two latest December dates and unfortunately, Disney priced us out. I cannot validate spending $750+tax on one event, especially since I am a passholder. I miss the days when Disney gave APs $40 discount on the special event tickets. This just leaves me with a disgusted feeling.
Bob Chapek loves disgusted feelings.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm typically not one to complain about prices, but how in the actual heck can they justify that price. I did regular after hours events at $99 a person and felt I could justify that price, but $250? yikes. Curious to see how these sell.

kong1802

I'm typically not one to complain about prices, but how in the actual heck can they justify that price. I did regular after hours events at $99 a person and felt I could justify that price, but $250? yikes. Curious to see how these sell.

It will sell out. There’s a parade!

Sarcasm on the parade bit….

Chip Chipperson

Here are the prices for each date -

View attachment 579567

Wow! $209 for the nights I'll be there?!?!? I think that's going to be a pass unless my wife REALLY wants to go - but she was the skeptical one when the Boo Bash tickets were announced so she'd have to be really impressed with the crowd levels in Boo Bash vlogs. But hey, we could save 10 whole dollars each!

Edit to add: I was too quick to type. There's no AP or DVC discount in December.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

*Notices fireworks and a parade*

*waits for people to say this isn’t the same as MVMCP and justify the prices*
IF it includes fireworks and parade AND still has the severely reduced attendance of an after hours I can see it being worth it for people. Example is my sister and her kids. I usually get them into the parks for free with my maingate, so shes interested in this because she doesn’t need to budget for traditional tickets during her trip. But for me personally, I’m not paying that kind of money for that, way out of my price range. Depends on the person.

Hcalvert

My husband and I just had a discussion and for the price of one $249 ticket, we can each build a droid and get two personality chips. We'll have enough money left to go and buy us a box of Mickey ice cream bars at the store too. We are going to do that instead during our trip.

Last edited:

trainplane3

• Holiday attraction overlays are also making a comeback! The Jungle Cruise transforms into the Jingle Cruise, and Monster’s Inc Laugh Floor will get new jokes perfect for this joyful season.

I guess flipping the party lights on for Space Mountain is too hard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom