News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

TTA94

I hope we haven’t seen the last of the speedway and SM holiday overlays. Next year we, hopefully, will have Tron so maybe the SM overlay would help draw people to that over Tron lol. Fat chance though. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if dates sell out quick next year due to Tron.

Dad 2 M & M

Last night was much better than it initially “felt”

The crowd was much higher than AFs of past years, but the Entertainment really helped spread the crowd. By 10:00 many rides were almost walk on….we go to ride rides

of course, just after the parade ended, rides were noticeably busier, with Peter Pan wait north of 30 mins

Still had a nice time…

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
of course, just after the parade ended, rides were noticeably busier, with Peter Pan wait north of 30 mins
That was my experience of the original DAH when the parks seemed to be literally empty. PPF just has an atrocious capacity. The only times I've every got to ride on it was almost when DAH was ending late at night (because I don't do a 30 minute wait for PPF! ;) ).

jrhwdw

The WDW trees are long overdue for massive upgrades. It is rather pitiful.
When was the last year for a MK Tree lighting anyway??? Pre COVID, DL just did a Tree Lighting Announcement. IDK if that's the same this year? SBC and Small world Holiday Lights are still on this year.

We showed up last night 10 minutes before fireworks and had nowhere to go. We got stuck behind a tree. The hub was jam packed
We were there Tuesday night as well and found lots of space around the hub 15 minutes before fireworks. We sat right in front through the show with no need to stand. My wife gave up a spot in the green space that's usually reserved for fireworks dessert parties because my daughter wanted to be closer to the castle.

Meanwhile we were at MK on Monday to watch Enchantment and got stuck far back on main street behind a tree wedged among the masses. At least we saw the Main Street projections? Ha.

The capacity was certainly low. Rides were walk-ons and we didn't need to be early for the parade or fireworks. We did skip the stage show, instead focusing on our favorite rides. Rode Space, 7 Dwarfs, and Big Thunder all multiple times.

mattpeto

This is my first time looking at the prices...... WOW. So do we think it's safe to say MNSSHP and MVMCP will not come back in their previous forms next year? A higher ticketed event, shorter duration and it seems like people are still paying it.... Sad.

This is not the full picture. It's an After Hours event, which means attendance is limited. If you want to make it an attraction night, it's essentially a walk on except for Space, 7DMT and PP which aren't very long waits.

The After Hours events also don't impact day guests. The legacy parties would boot out the day guests at 6 pm.

Casper Gutman

This is not the full picture. It's an After Hours event, which means attendance is limited. If you want to make it an attraction night, it's essentially a walk on except for Space, 7DMT and PP which aren't very long waits.

The After Hours events also don't impact day guests. The legacy parties would boot out the day guests at 6 pm.
Over and over... the parties had lower attendance and walk-on lines right up until a few years ago, when Disney decided they shouldn't any more. The idea that the AH is significantly different from the parties in any way other then less hours, less offerings, and much, much, much higher prices is pure PR spin.

RoadiJeff

I only wish it had been that way when I paid for the MVMCP in 2019 for my wife and me. A guest services person told me something along the lines of what you posted but I'd say there were at least twice as many people for the "limited attendance" party than had been throughout the day at the MK. Long lines everywhere, no FastPass options for the party (unlike during the day) and it was raining.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

The AH events also have had limited entertainment.

COProgressFan

I only wish it had been that way when I paid for the MVMCP in 2019 for my wife and me. A guest services person told me something along the lines of what you posted but I'd say there were at least twice as many people for the "limited attendance" party than had been throughout the day at the MK. Long lines everywhere, no FastPass options for the party (unlike during the day) and it was raining.

It's a shame, because the MCMCP and Not so Scary were fun events, but they really stopped being fun in their last several years due to massive overcrowding caused by overselling. All this despite the massive price increases that went along with it!

It will be interesting to see what they do next year, though it does seem like they are likely to keep the "after hours" concept and ditch the older 7-midnight party model from 2019 and prior.

One thing is for certain -- whatever they offer in the future, prices won't be coming down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom