News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It's also hyperbole.

These are the same people that thought fireworks were in danger too. Parades will be back and during the day like they already are around the world.
I never thought fireworks were in danger. However, cutting 90 performers from a parade (when there are still lots of displaced or furloughed entertainment cast) is pretty sad.

Dad 2 M & M

If this is truly the case and the capacity to these are actually limited then I will say it’s WORTH the money.

I am worried that Disney work from their old playbook and slowly oversell these events “in response to guest demand”.
I can tell you the Boo Bash After Hours was WAY more crowded than the circa 2019 After Hours version……

we’re going to the Thursday Afters and hope it isn’t as crowded as the Boo…..

we’ve always doubted the capacity was limit was closer to the AHs than the MNSSHPs and MVMCPs….but many INSIST it is closer to the old version

Not buying it or the fact the entertainment cuts makes the ride wait longer….the capacity feels way higher

there wasn’t Entertainment for the old After Hours, and it was implied the higher price kept the capacity closer to the old version

wdwfan22

Remember when all of the parks used to have a mid-day parade. AK even had the holiday Jingle Jungle Parade with Minnies bathtub that smelled like hot chocolate as it went buy. That didn't cost extra to see either.
I think those days are gone unless we begin to see a massive attendance drop.

wdwfan22

It's also hyperbole.

These are the same people that thought fireworks were in danger too. Parades will be back and during the day like they already are around the world.
Fireworks were never in danger of being cut from the Florida parks. Parades on the other hand are and have been from every park except for Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom did eliminate the nighttime parade.

mm52200

It's also hyperbole.

No where did I say they were never coming back. I literally said Fof will be back. But expect to see the number of performers in any offerings severely cut back moving forward. If Christmas parade that is behind an almost $200 pay wall saw this many cuts, don’t expect much better for a parade included with daily admission.

Squishy

$200 and a fork sticks the finger at you 🎄
GaCLsaG.png

Andrew M

Fireworks were never in danger of being cut from the Florida parks. Parades on the other hand are and have been from every park except for Magic Kingdom. Magic Kingdom did eliminate the nighttime parade.
I may be in the minority here, but I actually like the numerous small cavalcades throughout the day over a parade. No waiting around in a crowd for a 20 minute parade. You hear the music, get to the parade route, watch the float go by, and get on with your day. Alot more streamlined of an experience especially when time in the park seems to be at a premium.

Zummi Gummi

The castle show actually isn't too bad, better than what I was expecting, and a marked improvement over the "parade." They're still not allowing "contact" between the dancers and characters, I assume for appearances sake, though why I don't know since all performers are required to be vaccinated.

However, the biggest bit of theatre in that theatre show was when the previously unmasked dancers suddenly had to put on masks in order to...push a sled. What, exactly, is that accomplishing?

Squishy

The castle show actually isn't too bad, better than what I was expecting, and a marked improvement over the "parade." They're still not allowing "contact" between the dancers and characters, I assume for appearances sake, though why I don't know since all performers are required to be vaccinated.

However, the biggest bit of theatre in that theatre show was when the previously unmasked dancers suddenly had to put on masks in order to...push a sled. What, exactly, is that accomplishing?
It's the newest development by Imagineering, sled no move unless mask on.

mm52200

At that moment in time they are within six feet of Clarabelle and also lift her off the sled. Hence the mask wearing in that moment.
The show was already in development and had to be rehearsed under pre-vaccine mandate safety guidelines. Hopefully some changes will come in the new year with policies and offerings.

Zummi Gummi

At that moment in time they are within six feet of Clarabelle and also lift her off the sled. Hence the mask wearing in that moment.
The show was already in development and had to be rehearsed under pre-vaccine mandate safety guidelines. Hopefully some changes will come in the new year with policies and offerings.
I mean…sure. That protocol just seems silly, given that they’re not socially distancing the guests watching the show.

jrhwdw

I missed that last night. Doesn't damage the show any. Didn't the Reindeer push her in Most Merriest. Or was it always the men? I know the Reindeer pushed in Most Merriest's Finale. The safety protocols aren't as noticeable as BATB which is Good! I was scared we were in for a Cindy/Frozen Holiday Wish senarao because of COVID!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They didn't do it for Boo Bash, so, why would you think they'd do it for Merriest?
Boo Bash was selling out well in advance. This isn’t. Not saying there are any active shenanigans going on, but Disney putting some spin on things to spur ticket sales doesn’t seem like an out-of-the-question scenario.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can tell you the Boo Bash After Hours was WAY more crowded than the circa 2019 After Hours version……

we’re going to the Thursday Afters and hope it isn’t as crowded as the Boo…..

we’ve always doubted the capacity was limit was closer to the AHs than the MNSSHPs and MVMCPs….but many INSIST it is closer to the old version

Not buying it or the fact the entertainment cuts makes the ride wait longer….the capacity feels way higher

there wasn’t Entertainment for the old After Hours, and it was implied the higher price kept the capacity closer to the old version
Reports were that Main Street seemed rather deserted just 10 minutes prior to the fireworks show, so… maybe the capacity for this Christmas AH event is truly limited. And not just “Limited” in Disney terms. 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom