News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Text me merry Christmas" didn't make for a compelling show.
Bunch of zoomers will be dragged there by their parents who think texting is hip and cool with kids and thus think they're getting cool points from their tax deductions. And the kids'll just be rolling their eyes as they 'gram their parents bopping along adding a cutting remark such as: Same energy as dentist's visit.

Vinnie Mac

I'm not getting in the price debate but....if the Castle Stage is confirmed, it feels more like a regular MVMCP, after the Regular Fireworks(first time in years)Not Bad!
I'm finding it hard to think of anything that really sets this after hours party apart from tbe pre-pandemic party. Especially not anything that would justify making this party somehow more expensive.

Besides character meet and greets and that Tomorrowland dance party, everything about this party feels like pre-pandemic normalcy. That's really nice and I love that but I also wish those prices and hours were the same as pre-pandemic times too.

AmishGuy91

I'm finding it hard to think of anything that really sets this after hours party apart from tbe pre-pandemic party. Especially not anything that would justify making this party somehow more expensive.

Besides character meet and greets and that Tomorrowland dance party, everything about this party feels like pre-pandemic normalcy. That's really nice and I love that but I also wish those prices and hours were the same as pre-pandemic times too.

Presumedly what will set it apart is the lower crowds. However it wouldn’t surprise me if part of the reason it hasn’t sold out is because they upped capacity over the Boo Bash.

Vinnie Mac

Bunch of zoomers will be dragged there by their parents who think texting is hip and cool with kids and thus think they're getting cool points from their tax deductions. And the kids'll just be rolling their eyes as they 'gram their parents bopping along adding a cutting remark such as: Same energy as dentist's visit.
As a "zoomer", we use Snapchat now a lot more than we text so Disney might have to roll with a "Snapchat" show to "keep with the times". 😂

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
I'm hopeful the stage show is the same one used for the Christmas party -- totally skippable. While others waste their valuable ticket time, I'll be walking onto rides.
I guess now that they’ve announced this, the event dates will finally start selling out.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's what Disney posted about the new stage show -

"Join Mickey and his pals for a celebration filled with music, dancing and nostalgic yuletide fun!
Behold a brilliant holiday performance at Cinderella Castle inspired by beloved Magic Kingdom holiday shows of the past—including “Mickey’s ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” “Celebrate the Season” and “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”

Throughout the show, enjoy harmonious medleys of holiday songs both classic and contemporary. And be on the lookout for beloved Characters, including:
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Minnie Mouse
  • Donald Duck
  • Daisy Duck
  • Goofy
  • Pluto
  • Chip ‘n’ Dale
Mickey & Minnie’s Very Merry Memories is presented on nights when Disney Very Merriest After Hours is offered. Characters are subject to change."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

mrerk

Premium Member
"On evenings when Disney Very Merriest After Hours is not being held, Cinderella Castle takes on a festive appearance with special projection effects, providing a colorful backdrop for our Guests’ photos. Throughout the evening, bursts of holiday magic will transform Cinderella Castle with a rotating series of designs."

Does this mean the castle dream lights are gone for good?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

Disney announces more holiday entertainment coming to Walt Disney World including a stage show for Disney Very Merriest After Hours​

I do hope this added entertainment does not cut into the profitability of the event.

JohnD

"On evenings when Disney Very Merriest After Hours is not being held, Cinderella Castle takes on a festive appearance with special projection effects, providing a colorful backdrop for our Guests’ photos. Throughout the evening, bursts of holiday magic will transform Cinderella Castle with a rotating series of designs."

This year at least. I don't recall seeing a crane erecting the lights this year.

jrhwdw

So, new Castle Show honoring some of the best Christmas entertainment in the last 50 years.....very Interesting and good!!!!!!!

I would like to see a nod to Sparkling Christmas Spectacular please!!!

I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway. No Daytime Christmas Cavalcades since the full MOUACT is back for Merriest AH, correct?

Brad Bishop

I think it was announced, or at least assumed, that they're gone for good.

The castle lights were expensive. Projection is relatively cheap.

The crane will be missed. It was magical.

All jokes aside: I really like the way they decorate the Disneyland castle. Garland, "snow", ornaments, etc. I think the Disneyland castle, and it's simplicity in decorations, easily beats the castle icicle lights.

jrhwdw

I think it was announced, or at least assumed, that they're gone for good.

The castle lights were expensive. Projection is relatively cheap.

The crane will be missed. It was magical.

All jokes aside: I really like the way they decorate the Disneyland castle. Garland, "snow", ornaments, etc. I think the Disneyland castle, and it's simplicity in decorations, easily beats the castle icicle lights.
I believe no confirmation was given that Castle Dream Lights are done for good. We(at least I)assume we won't know till Christmas 2023 since the 50th goes till Spring 2023.

Disstevefan1

I believe no confirmation was given that Castle Dream Lights are done for good. We(at least I)assume we won't know till Christmas 2023 since the 50th goes till Spring 2023.
WDW used COVID as an excuse to end the castle lights for good as another cost cutting measure.
As a guest, I will miss them. They gave me true joy.
From a shareholder standpoint, joy has no importance; the lights were costly and made no money.
As I type this I am reminded of the loss of the Osborne lights 😭I miss them the most.
And for what? Galaxy’s edge 👎

Dr.GrantSeeker

Maybe they can't or aren't willing to with the castle currently decorated for the 50th? Maybe some of the garbage they stuck on the castle makes it difficult to hang the dream lights?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom