News Disney Vacation Club to launch Scenic Selfies scavenger hunt as part of its 30th anniversary

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DVC hasn’t made an attempt to make me want to return.

I get that last year no plan could be made...and I get that capacity limits how far they go now...

But get ahead of the vaccines. Selling everything at full price is bad play...typical of slaphead

Typical of a management team which thinks they have an unlimited pool of sheep to fleece.

Creathir

There will be a point when a lot of existing DVC members look at the perks that have been removed, plus the prices to get into the parks and food/bev, and say, “I’m out”.
So we bought into DVC at Riviera last year. The only reason we did not buy resale (beyond the contract length, which partially went into the decision) was due to the annual pass discount and it factoring into the affordability of tickets. We bought enough points for us to go twice a year.

About 15 days after closing COVID hit and the parks closed.

And still no annual pass purchasing option has returned...

It really is frustrating to spend so much money and be missing out on a promised perk like the Gold annual passes.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So we bought into DVC at Riviera last year. The only reason we did not buy resale (beyond the contract length, which partially went into the decision) was due to the annual pass discount and it factoring into the affordability of tickets. We bought enough points for us to go twice a year.

It really is frustrating to spend so much money and be missing out on a promised perk like the Gold annual passes.

This.

How much of a mutiny would DVC have on their hands if the ability to purchase an AP at a slight discount went away? That honestly could be enough for us to sell, and I bet many others would as well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Typical of a management team which thinks they have an unlimited pool of sheep to fleece.

Because their customers BAHHH on demand. I wish I would have predicted these problems years ago...I could have sold it like GameStop 🤔

You don’t get that “DVC exclusive” ticket offer this week?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This.

How much of a mutiny would DVC have on their hands if the ability to purchase an AP at a slight discount went away? That honestly could be enough for us to sell, and I bet many others would as well.

It’s entirely possible we are there...

There are no guarantees they will come back. And if they do...when?

They have made public comments that they don’t look to ramp attendance with the most loyal customers...because we never punch the bully in the nose anymore

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It’s entirely possible we are there...

There are no guarantees they will come back. And if they do...when?

They have made public comments that they don’t look to ramp attendance with the most loyal customers...because we never punch the bully in the nose anymore

That’s our fear, that perks have been removed without officially being announced.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s our fear, that perks have been removed without officially being announced.

I can’t see how visiting on DVC without annuals is appealing to even the smallest dumber of DVC?

I’m not talking discounted...just in general.

What’s the point of dvc If not flexibility and volume??

I think they need to do a “per day” annual if nothing else. It will cost more...but a set value per day that can be extended. Works with park reservations too.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can’t see how visiting on DVC without annuals is appealing to even the smallest dumber of DVC?

I’m not talking discounted...just in general.

What’s the point of dvc If not flexibility and volume??

I think they need to do a “per day” annual if nothing else. It will cost more...but a set value per day that can be extended. Works with park reservations too.

I think the blowback from DVC and locals to a scheme like that would be tremendous, particularly if it comes at a higher price point. I’ll need an XL bucket of popcorn if that happens. 😉

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the blowback from DVC and locals to a scheme like that would be tremendous, particularly if it comes at a higher price point. I’ll need an XL bucket of popcorn if that happens. 😉
As opposed to a minimum 4 standard ticket that starts at $105 per day...plus $65 per day hop...where they kick in a couple of days after with 1/5th the price anyway??

That’s what you got now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Locals and DVC are not the same things. Locals have always been viewed as “disposable”...DVC was not designed that way.

If that’s the official policy now...sell now. Sell it all.

DisneyDebRob

There will be a point when a lot of existing DVC members look at the perks that have been removed, plus the prices to get into the parks and food/bev, and say, “I’m out”.
We are having those serious conversations now. DVC has been great to us for 17 years but we are getting to the proverbial “ straw that broke the camels back” point and it got here pretty quickly. We are going back and forth but we have 2 gold passes in storage and there they sit. Vacation has been cancelled 3 times in last 10 months.
The perks aren’t there anymore.. prices getting crazy..etc. the memories we have when we go is the only thing left. Long conversations will be held the next few weeks.

eliza61nyc

So we brought into dvc in 2000 at beach club and have had Awesome annual vacations. We're scheduled to go in September of this year. So we'll see.
Like others have said, it's getting quickly to the point where it's losing its value.
Ive tossed around the idea of selling mainly because prior to covid beach club points were pretty valuable in the dvc world

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom