Disney Vacation Club president leaves company

Mammymouse

For what it's worth, my wife and I have been DVC members since September 2007 and love it very much.

My only complaint is that we would like to see a counter service restaurant in all the properties, not just some.

Anyhow, with change comes new opportunity. Looking forward to see what they do.

I agree. We've been members since 1997 and have stayed exclusively at Disneyworld with our points, so you know how many times we've gone there. And we have been Florida residents since 2006 only 90 minutes away so a weekend trip or a one night stay is not uncommon for us. More counter service restaurants would definitely keep us on property instead of going out to route 192 for some of our meals.

Also the point banking thing gets away from me sometimes. I understand they have to be able to manage their reservations somehow, but I would appreciate an e-mail reminder when the window is about to close so I don't get stuck with points that expire when I could have banked them. And an online view of tentative availability would certainly help when trying to juggle possible bookings. With the wait list situation I can see it being hard to actually book online, but just for general reference when you are trying to check out date and place possibilities an online view would be nice - I'm just not a phone person.

wishiwere@wdw

With the wait list situation I can see it being hard to actually book online, but just for general reference when you are trying to check out date and place possibilities an online view would be nice - I'm just not a phone person.

We've been members for 3 years now and I've been complaining about this from the time of our first booking. I really like to hypothetically shop first because it makes it easier juggling the unknowns like exact days off for the kids the following school year, days off work, etc. Plus, sometimes you find out after playing with the dates that you could still have the room and resort you desired if you simply arrived a day later or checked out a day early. Doing this over the phone is just annoying for many of us.

The management portal is also painfully dated so any new blood can hopefully start seeing some changes we've been all complaining about :).

I can't see this making things any worse but I was thinking this could maybe also have something to do with the new management reporting structure?

erstwo

From what little I've actually heard about it... (Warning: Rumor!)

In Hawaii you have to get some sort of state approval before selling timeshares. Something like that.
Whoever was in charge of selling the units out there didn't do that, and the company was made to cease sales and will possibly face some sort of fine or other punishment for failure to follow procedure. Sales of Aulani are on indefinate hold.

Oh, my word. That is BAD. Really, really bad. Takes my breath away bad.

It honestly doesn't matter who forgot to look into what, that's a glaring error and the buck stops at the top. I'm sure there were a few lawyers and minor execs that got the boot as well, but wow. Just wow.

I've been in the real estate world for almost a decade now, and I totally understand that there is so much that goes into this: construction, sales, etc. But this is the 'can't see the forest for the trees' kind of thing that just blindsides you. I'm sure he's looking back and thinking how could they have been so dumb? but there's no way to get around the fact that they didn't look into (or follow through with?) the legalities required by Hawaii. Man, I feel for them!

NoChesterHester

From what little I've actually heard about it... (Warning: Rumor!)

In Hawaii you have to get some sort of state approval before selling timeshares. Something like that.
Whoever was in charge of selling the units out there didn't do that, and the company was made to cease sales and will possibly face some sort of fine or other punishment for failure to follow procedure. Sales of Aulani are on indefinate hold.

Huge project... there had to be a team of lawyers working on all the legalities. Major fail.

Methinks that this isn't the end of the structural changes for the corporate side of Parks and Resorts.

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah...big screw up at DVC.
When is the last time an exec at that level got canned. Not "leaving to spend time with the family", but actually sacked.
It almost never happens. It's a big deal.

Mouse Detective

Yeah...big screw up at DVC.
When is the last time an exec at that level got canned. Not "leaving to spend time with the family", but actually sacked.
It almost never happens. It's a big deal.

Whoever dreamed up what happened to Pleasure Island should have been canned but I don't think that happened to anyone.

Pioneer Hall

Maybe he realized what a complete rip off dvc was to the customer. hahah just trolling. but seriously dvc is a huge rip off

Your statement is completely false. DVC is a good value if it fits with the way you vacation. There are a lot of variables but if they fit someone then there is no denying the value of DVC.

jt04

Without question, the most hilarious thing I have ever read on these boards.
:ROFLOL:

I thought so too. Classic. :)

I think I will hide out from the mom until D23. Have a good week.

Imagine how they are scrambling to get the DVC presentations ready for next weekend if this rumor is true. Someone is earning their pay this week. :dazzle:

Cosmic Commando

Imagine how they are scrambling to get the DVC presentations ready for next weekend if this rumor is true. Someone is earning their pay this week. :dazzle:

If they really have had to halt sales, there must be people who are trying to buy who can't. Can you imagine the poor DVC people at the D23 Expo? "You want to buy into Aulani? And you brought a $20,000 check with you? No, actually I can't take your money. I'm sorry." I think the salesman would just drop dead.

As for the firing, I don't expect the head of DVC to know which paperwork needs to be filed for any specific project. That's what lawyers are for. I wonder if there is more to it. Was he not well-liked? Once you reach a certain height in a company, the norm seems to be to cover up failures and shift blame.

asianway

If they really have had to halt sales, there must be people who are trying to buy who can't. Can you imagine the poor DVC people at the D23 Expo? "You want to buy into Aulani? And you brought a $20,000 check with you? No, actually I can't take your money. I'm sorry." I think the salesman would just drop dead.

As for the firing, I don't expect the head of DVC to know which paperwork needs to be filed for any specific project. That's what lawyers are for. I wonder if there is more to it. Was he not well-liked? Once you reach a certain height in a company, the norm seems to be to cover up failures and shift blame.

Once you attain that level and are charged with monetizing a Billion dollar investment, it is your responsibility to either know, or hire competent people who know. Its not that hard, many timeshare companies in Orlando have built resorts in Hawaii, so theres no shortage of that type of expertise locally.

It wouldnt surprise me of part of this ties into Al Weiss's departure as well.

BeachClubNut

Trolling or not, i'm speaking the truth. The only people who dvc works for is the extremely rich who don't care they are being ripped off. Ive worked the numbers out many times.

You need a calculator that works for YOUR NUMBERS....... On another note if its truly for the rich (news to be but I'm still glad that I have been classified as rich due to having bought DVC) Im glad rich I'm enough to not have to deal with poor folks like..........hmmmmm

lebeau

I imagine they will be offered a "deal" on SSR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom