Disney Vacation Club Phased Reopening Announcement & Member Services Interpretation

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
All dining canceled for our NOV trip.
No extension of our Gold Pass, EXP 5-27-2020.
No ability to bank stolen points, APR 2020 use year.

We canceled for NOV. All 2021 now. But seriously considering selling all contracts, for $1 per point.
There is no WDW. Just a promise of WDW. Maybe.

PS - anyone know a graceful way to just surrender a DVC contract to WDW?
What resort and use year? We’ll be happy to take it off your hands for $1 per point.

cmwade77

I wish they had announced when the Grand Californian would reopen. I would totally go if that was all that was open along with the restaurants at the hotel.

cmwade77

We canceled for NOV. All 2021 now. But seriously considering selling all contracts, for $1 per point.

What resort? How many points? Seriously, I would be willing to buy points at a reasonable price point as I know the changes will be temporary. And they had to cancel all reservations, as thanks to booking 6 months out there were more reservations than there will be capacity. Disney has said they will be offering people who had reservations that were cancelled have fist dibs on new reservations at 60 days out when they are available.

I really hope WDW makes the 60 day window permanent personally, it will be much better than 6 months out, which was originally established to spread out send for phone calls for reservations now that almost all are done online, there is no need for that. And please let's make FP work identical to Maxpass at Disneyland, except without the extra fee.

My point again is we know that most of these changes are temporary, but I do think some will continue on.

And you should be getting a pass extension if you are paid in full, if you are on monthly payments, you would need to call to extend, but it is available as well.

RememberWhen

Totally happy to take contracts off your hands. Let me know.

Seanual757

Odd had zero issues cancelling two trips and rescheduling. the CM informed us of the expiring points for November since I have an August use year we cannot use or schedule that points until August 1. We were told to book our new newly added October trip and come August 1 call and they will swap the points used with the expiring points.

So we are now back to 5 more trips this year 7/3-6 (OWK), 7/23-26 (SSR), 8/4-7(Riviera), 10/8-12 (SSR), 11/27-29 (VGF).

We also called on Friday evening and had our Platinum Plus tickets extended. We were on hold with the APH line for about 35 minues, and DVC for 15 minutes.

RememberWhen

Odd had zero issues cancelling two trips and rescheduling. the CM informed us of the expiring points for November since I have an August use year we cannot use or schedule that points until August 1. We were told to book our new newly added October trip and come August 1 call and they will swap the points used with the expiring points.

So we are now back to 5 more trips this year 7/3-6 (OWK), 7/23-26 (SSR), 8/4-7(Riviera), 10/8-12 (SSR), 11/27-29 (VGF).

We also called on Friday evening and had our Platinum Plus tickets extended. We were on hold with the APH line for about 35 minues, and DVC for 15 minutes.
Do AP holders need to call to have their expiration dates extended or is that automatic? I assumed automatic, but if not I have some family members who will need to call. When did your pass expire and how long did they add?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom