Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic after-hours events continue throughout 2017

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.....

These events are of ZERO value to us. Why? They are "one off" events. They are not perks, as they are not available at all times during a booking year. Just us.... I wish WDW would can this junk, and focus on SUSTAINABLE, year round passholder "perks". And dump the silly stuff. It cost's them money, and provides ZERO value to us.

Again - All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.....

These events are of ZERO value to us. Why? They are "one off" events. They are not perks, as they are not available at all times during a booking year. Just us.... I wish WDW would can this junk, and focus on SUSTAINABLE, year round passholder "perks". And dump the silly stuff. It cost's them money, and provides ZERO value to us.

Again - All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
I agree. These things hold zero point zero value for us. I'd rather the money be directed somewhere else.

yedliW

We are planning a trip in the fall.. This would push us more towards September. Does anyone have a report on what these were like last year? Is it like a lower key MNSSHP type event?

WWWD

Totally agree. A couple Welcome Home fast passes would be much more beneficial to most DVC'er and wouldn't really cost anything.

Phonedave

Up until this year, I agrred with you. I am what a DVC owner is "supposed" to be (according to the DVC sales pitch) - I plan my vacations far in advance - I know when I can travel, and we cannot just travel on a whim (well, I can, my wife as a teacher can't). So unless one of these events happens to fall on a date that I will be there, they are also of no use to me. This year, one happens to be when we will be in WDW.

I like the idea of "year round" perks that I can use no matter when I go - something like the lounge in EPCOT. You may think it's great, or you may hate it, but it is there for you to use whenever you go.

-dave

Seanual757

Since we are local I booked the MK for both 2/24 and 3/3, need to reserve the others as we like the perks as they work for us being local and do not require you are staying at a resort during those dates.

wdwfan100

I assume the cost of these events are covered with a portion of our dues. Is this correct? If so, it seems as if everyone is paying for a perk that only a small few get to enjoy. Based on that I too would be more in favor of a more sustainable perk.

Phonedave

I assume the cost of these events are covered with a portion of our dues. Is this correct? If so, it seems as if everyone is paying for a perk that only a small few get to enjoy. Based on that I too would be more in favor of a more sustainable perk.

I'm not sure

Member Activities – Cost of recreation operations, certain Member activities and events at the Resort. Cost of quarterly Member newsletter, annual Association meetings and printing and postage for Association legal mailings.

These events (and things such as the EPCOT Member Lounge) are technically not "at the resort". If you had asked me a year ago, I would likley have assumed that they did come from the dues. However, with the move by DVC to offer these perks to only direct purchase members, and exclude resale purchase members, I don't see how they can take it out of the dues. I don't see how, from a legal standpoint, you can use a portion of a resale contracts dues to pay for an event that is only open to a direct sale contract. I can understand the other "exclusive perks" they offer, because the resale contract people are not paying for them in their dues, so I would think this would be the same.

-dave

Phonedave

These Events as well as the Epcot lounge do not come from DVC dues. It costs Disney money- not us. And they clearly believe that marketing it to potential sales isn't a terrible strategy. Can you imagine someone considering signing up that week and their guide says "did you want to go to the event tomorrow night?"

If I get 12 events throughout a 52 week year (23% of the weeks) instead of the welcome home wednesdays that it replaced- I'll take this every single time. I actually plan my trips around these now- they're a blast. Doing TL and Epcot this year and have done TL twice now (2015/2016) and DAK (2016).

Now- would I rather have a $399 platinum pass again? Of course. But if it's this or welcome home Wednesday's, I'd say we all come out ahead.

That was my assumption as well, but I could not find it in black and white, so I was not 100% certain.

It is a big time marketing case for direct sale DVC. Say you are thinking of buying DVC, and you know about resale vs. direct, but you want to check out the rooms, so you take a tour. Your guide says, "Have you seen the member lounge in EPCOT? It's only if you buy direct. Oh, we also do some after hours free events with limited attendance - again, only if you buy direct. DVC needs something to make people seriously consider buying direct vs. resale, given the huge price difference.

-dave

YorkshireT

No use at all to UK DVC owners, unless you just happened to be on vacation at the time. These must most benefit those within a short drive. I have no doubt the event is a good perk if you can be there, but really it's just for the marketing, buy direct and get these 'exclusive' member perks, feel like a rockstar. The people paying for it are those buying direct, marketing for sales (which this is, the only reason Disney do this is to try and entice people to buy direct) ultimately comes from the cost of those sales. Those folks buying direct are paying for this, and then some. I currently see all these people buying SSR contracts direct at $145 a point also with tens of thiusands of Disney finance on the comptroller website, and think wow.

Seanual757

Attended the Moonlight magic Event this past Friday, it was well done. The crowds were heavy until 10pm when non DVC guests had to leave. We road the following rides from 8pm up until 1:20am. We had a total of 18 people in our party (3 groups of 6 on two of our DVC memberships.

-7DMT (x3 FP booked @ 9pm, then 10:48pm, @ 11:07pm
-BTM (x3 12:30, 12:40ish, 12:55 ish)
-Teacups (x2)
-Buzz Lightyear (x3 8:30, 9:00, 9:10- Easy on during the Fireworks)
-Peter Pan (1)
-Little Mermaid (x-2)
-Pirates of Caribbean (x2)
-Speedway (1)
-People Mover (1)
-Haunted Mansion (1)

Really surprised Disney had FREE Hot Dogs, and Chicken Nuggets we knew about snacks but did not expect the two items.

We left the park around 1:45am arrived home around 2:10am. We will be heading back this Friday 3/3/17 for the 2nd Moonlight event.

a010.JPG

a001.JPG
a002.JPG
a003.JPG
a004.JPG
a005.JPG
a006.JPG
a007.JPG
a008.JPG
a009.JPG

YorkshireT

Looks good. Saw the fireworks on The Tim Tracker on YouTube (great video on this, also went to Copper Creek) and fireworks did look really good.

Seanual757

Looks good. Saw the fireworks on The Tim Tracker on YouTube (great video on this, also went to Copper Creek) and fireworks did look really good.
Yea really nice job seeing the fireworks something different than wishes. Looking forward to Friday night as well as the rest of the DVC events for 2017.

Victaman

Thank you for the pictures. Turns out we will be there when they have this at Epcot on December 11. I apologize if this was already answered but how far out can we book this? I asked the DVC rep online yesterday and they guessed it was at 180 days but I just wanted to make sure I don't miss the chance to book this.

Seanual757

Thank you for the pictures. Turns out we will be there when they have this at Epcot on December 11. I apologize if this was already answered but how far out can we book this? I asked the DVC rep online yesterday and they guessed it was at 180 days but I just wanted to make sure I don't miss the chance to book this.

If I recall we booked 90 day out for the event

Seanual757

Attended the event again this past Friday it was IMHO less crowds then the Friday before, it was much cooler out (52 degrees) we hit a ton of rides, and the even started the FREE food earlier than 10pm. I did notice them turn guests away at Cosmic Ray's before the 10pm hour from entering. If I recall is just around 9:35pm, again really enjoyed the evening, looking forward to the summer events.

030317023.JPG
030317001.JPG
030317004.JPG
030317005.JPG
030317006.JPG
030317007.JPG
030317008.JPG
030317022.JPG
030317024.JPG
030317025.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom