Disney Vacation Club Launches New Vacation Options for runDisney Fans

RunningKoen

Or max more profit with the raised prices :)

I somewhere read that a fixed week would be 168 points. I'm rather new to DVC, but that's a lot.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Or max more profit with the raised prices :)

I somewhere read that a fixed week would be 168 points. I'm rather new to DVC, but that's a lot.

That's got to be for a studio at Copper Creek....

The number of points required depends on size of villa (studio, one, two or three bedroom, cabin) and time of year. For both my week stays in February and April for Princess and Star Wars, I'm using 271 points for a 7 night stay in a 1 bedroom at Copper Creek. Other times of the year (think spring breaks and Thanksgiving/Christmas), the points per night would be higher. And premium, i.e., monorail, resorts are the highest.

Just like room rates every year, points needed per night typically increase every year. So if one decides to purchase a guaranteed week at Copper Creek, will DVC guarantee for the life of the contract - 50 years - that week stay will always be 200 points (or whatever point level you're purchasing)?

I love the race bib "guarantee" aspect. All that means is you can register the Thursday before regular registration opens on the following Tuesday. Just like every other DVC member and annual passholder....

RunningKoen

For both my week stays in February and April for Princess and Star Wars, I'm using 271 points for a 7 night stay in a 1 bedroom at Copper Creek.

Both february and april are relative expensive times. They mentioned a 10% add on the points needed for the fixxed weeks and bib guarantee.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Both february and april are relative expensive times. They mentioned a 10% add on the points needed for the fixxed weeks and bib guarantee.

So you look at the 2018 point chart, pick a race and purchase the needed points, plus 10% to allow for annual point increases?

As I said previously, the bib guarantee they are talking about is access to early registration. Nothing I read on the DVC site guaranteed a race bib.

I bought into Copper Creek using the current DVC owner discount. I've got enough total points between my 3 home resorts to book 3 week long stays. For the rD races.

RunningKoen

So you look at the 2018 point chart, pick a race and purchase the needed points, plus 10% to allow for annual point increases?

As I said previously, the bib guarantee they are talking about is access to early registration. Nothing I read on the DVC site guaranteed a race bib.

I bought into Copper Creek using the current DVC owner discount. I've got enough total points between my 3 home resorts to book 3 week long stays. For the rD races.

No, I've saw an article about this offer, mentioning that 10% extra and the 168 points as an example. I cannot find that article anymore :(

Guaranteed bibs sounds lovely. I'm so glad if that woud work out amazing for your 3 home resorts :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
@Texas84, if you check into this, ask them what "bib guarantee" means. I'm thinking from reading the info on the DVC blog that the guarantee is registering during early registration. Which we already have. And you can register for up to 5 people? Does this mean at the same time? That would be nice.

Might be good for you, so you've got points at WDW, finally, and an 11 month window.

LAKid53

Premium Member
A benefit for all DVC owners, or only members who bought from DVC directly?

Good point. Not sure.

Okay, talked to my DVC guy and here's the story.

1. It's a week purchase, Sunday to Sunday. Points to be purchased will cover 1 and 2 bedroom villas at Copper Creek. So, look at the 2018 point chart for Copper Creek for that race week for a Sunday to Sunday stay for either a 1 or 2 bedroom. That's what you purchase. If, like me, you're an existing DVC member, this guatanteed week is kinda outside your existing point inventory. If you wanted to free up those points to use them either at another time or resort, you have to call DVC member services.
2. Like I thought, the bib "guarantee" is early registration. But one week earlier than we are currently given as DVC or AP. For up to 5 bibs.

No discount on points, so $176/point.

And they don't have a lot of guaranteed weeks to sell.

My race weeks are Wednesday to Wednesday. I'd have to call to free up some of those guaranteed week points to move them to meet my travel.

If I want more points, I'm going after the discount....

dreamfinder

They already tried the guaranteed week deal. Think with the GF Villas, and I seem to recall it bombing. This just includes the early reg option, and the fact the week floats to cover any date shift. Points + 10% for the guaranteed week if I recall when they tried it before.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They already tried the guaranteed week deal. Think with the GF Villas, and I seem to recall it bombing. This just includes the early reg option, and the fact the week floats to cover any date shift. Points + 10% for the guaranteed week if I recall when they tried it before.

The week will shift to cover race dates. But it will be a Sunday to Sunday week. And that guaranteed week points are separated from your point inventory. As I mentioned, my stay for a race is Wednesday to Wednesday. I'd have to call member services to have them remove the Sunday to Tuesday days and then manually add them to the remaining guaranteed week. There's no 10% cushion this time - I was told that if you chose to purchase a guaranteed week for a 1 bedroom for W&D, those points needed for that week won't fluctuate. Yes, the 2 week before regular registration is nice (he kept saying DVC members can register a week early - not any more), but only limited number of guaranteed weeks are available for sale. I bought my points at CC using the member discount. I already get advance registration as both a DVC and AP. If I want to add more points at CC, I'm using the member discount available.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Excuse me if it's too much off topic, but @LAKid53, as a current DVC member, how's the pre registration done at the moment? Can you already register for 5 bibs?

I can register for one bib at a time. But just for me. Used to be able to register more than one person with the same session. Was handy if couple or families were running. I registered for the 2016 SW 10k for my son in law. But I had to start another session to do so.

The guy at DVC wasn't clear about the "up to 5 bibs". Does that mean per race, in total for all races? And can you, in one Active.com session, register more than one runner? They guy obviously wasn't that knowledgeable about the process, since he kept saying DVC can register a week early - it's now 5 days.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For every race weekend, or only the ones you're booked a stay with DVC?

And do you know it's one of the benefits for DVC members whou bought in through resale? Considering that as an option

I can only register for races that have opened registration. For example, when early registration opens for 2018 W&D, I can register for all of them, except for kids. I cannot, though, register for Marathon, Princess or Star Wars, until those race registration windows open.

RunningKoen

You mentioned registering your son in law. Is it allowed to register someone else? Is it an unique link that can be shared?

If so, i might use this forum to find a DVC member who's not using their pre registration spot (if allowed by this forum offcourse) I dont wanna get anyone in trouble with moderators or DVC people

LAKid53

Premium Member
You mentioned registering your son in law. Is it allowed to register someone else? Is it an unique link that can be shared?

If so, i might use this forum to find a DVC member who's not using their pre registration spot (if allowed by this forum offcourse) I dont wanna get anyone in trouble with moderators or DVC people

I'm gonna PM you.

dreamfinder

For every race weekend, or only the ones you're booked a stay with DVC?

And do you know it's one of the benefits for DVC members whou bought in through resale? Considering that as an option

Typically runDisney has offered advance registration to their races. This has ranged from sign ups at expos (theirs and other races) to emails sent out to runners from races that just finished (for instance, 2017 Marathon weekend participants were sent an email in Feb I think to register for 2018) to other things. DVC, AP and Disney Visa have on occasion been sent the registration link a week or so before the general public, and occasionally provided a discount on the registration costs. The link is meant for use for the AP/DVC holder and any one that memberships entitle to benefits. (IE AP is AP holder only, DVC is for DVC member and immediate family) The link appears on the benefit sections of the AP/DVC pages, Visa is usually emailed out.

Quoting from my tracking page (which needs to be updated)
Please Note: The Registration Dates listed are the general on sale dates. For the last few years, AP and DVC members were able to early register 1 week before the general public. Limited slots were made available for this, so if an event sold out in pre-reg, slots would still be available to the general public. Also note that some years runDisney offered very early registration at Expos, both for runDisney events, and occasionally others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom