News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

38053WDW

I think Theme Park view is fair for buildings 5 and 7 but the view from the Theme Park Rooms in building 9 is the contemporary resort. You can see space mountain if you’re standing at the glass; you have to go outside and either stand to the right or peer around the divider to see the castle. It’s a bit disingenuous IMO.
Here's my view from big pine key 3rd floor this week just sitting in my balcony chair.

Attachments

• E05.jpeg
    E05.jpeg
    120.6 KB · Views: 184
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

ToTBellHop

It is. Kind of.

But there is a plot of land there suitable for another resort. And at some point they’re going to either dust off the plans for Reflections or go back to the drawing board and come up with something new.

Whether it turns out to be all DVC or shared remains to be seen.
Exactly. It was cleared and ready to go. They will use the plot.

Anyone know how guests were going to access Reflections? It’s pretty isolated. Pretty long road from WL or pass through Fort Wilderness, neither of which are quick trips from a main road.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Exactly. It was cleared and ready to go. They will use the plot.

Anyone know how guests were going to access Reflections? It’s pretty isolated. Pretty long road from WL or pass through Fort Wilderness, neither of which are quick trips from a main road.
The site plan I saw looked like they would extend Frontier Way north of Wilderness Road

mfortis

I don’t understand who would buy into this new portion of the “converted” rooms. And to be honest, it would make me mad if all of the sudden my dues were to cover the maintenance of 30+ year old building.
They would do it the same way they did WLV. The real question is if they go the Riviera way or stick to current GF model.

homerdance

They would do it the same way they did WLV. The real question is if they go the Riviera way or stick to current GF model.
Correct me if I am wrong, but they didn’t add a building that was built in the 90s to the WLV association two years after the new resort was built? 30 year old buildings require MUCH more upkeep than brand new ones.

mfortis

Correct me if I am wrong, but they didn’t add a building that was built in the 90s to the WLV association two years after the new resort was built? 30 year old buildings require MUCH more upkeep than brand new ones.
Not sure when the building was built but they used the existing wilderness lodge hotel and added new lakeside cabins.

Magic Feather

Chapek vomits a little every time he’s reminded there isn’t a Villas at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort.

View attachment 559239
View attachment 559240

I am certain there will be a DVC element at Yacht by 2031.

I’m under the impression that Yacht and Beach can’t add any more DVC inventory unless it’s a new build because of the conventions. As of now, the larger conventions use up huge blocks of the cash rooms at both Yacht and Beach and (I could be wrong on this part) they can’t dip into DVC inventory for conventions.

Then it becomes “what’s the point of having built a convention center at a hotel that can’t adequately room everyone? This is the same reason that I doubt we ever see DVC at Coronado, and the same reason why major conventions at Contemporary and Grand Flo are becoming rarer by the month.

ToTBellHop

I’m under the impression that Yacht and Beach can’t add any more DVC inventory unless it’s a new build because of the conventions. As of now, the larger conventions use up huge blocks of the cash rooms at both Yacht and Beach and (I could be wrong on this part) they can’t dip into DVC inventory for conventions.

Then it becomes “what’s the point of having built a convention center at a hotel that can’t adequately room everyone? This is the same reason that I doubt we ever see DVC at Coronado, and the same reason why major conventions at Contemporary and Grand Flo are becoming rarer by the month.
Conventions, in general, are in trouble. We will see what the next few years hold.

ryguy

Personally I would love to see the Contemporary's and Grand Floridians convention Halls removed. No reason to have convention space by the Magic Kingdom. Maybe keep a small portion of the Grands space for those who want to have a wedding reception there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom