News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

nicb88

This article states some other room types remain and will be refreshed - does this mean in other parts of the resort or are there some non-DVC accommodations remaining in Big Pine Key?

I think it looks very nice, and will be staying there next month. The only thing I’m not so sure on is the black/white chair in the lobby area…

James Alucobond

To me, this is all pretty spot-on and is definitely the best of all the lagoon resort refurbs if this does in fact carry over into the main guest rooms. Most of this would even work for the lobby.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
One cool thing that hasn't been discovered yet, the birds on the chandelier they're all the same except for one, one is a penguin.

We're everywhere!!

1655759290608.png

I had to pose for over two hours for that one!!

pdude81

I got an email recently that said there might be work going on at my building and the main area during the day, but not at night. I'm currently scheduled to be at the original VGF building in mid August, so I'm not sure what is going on. I thought they had already done the refurb over there to move to murphy beds.

correcaminos

I got an email recently that said there might be work going on at my building and the main area during the day, but not at night. I'm currently scheduled to be at the original VGF building in mid August, so I'm not sure what is going on. I thought they had already done the refurb over there to move to murphy beds.
The main lobby is due for some refreshing. Also other resort rooms at GF. We saw some work on a fountain by the quiet pool as well the day we left. VGF refurb is done afaik. The rooms look great.

Disone

This article states some other room types remain and will be refreshed - does this mean in other parts of the resort or are there some non-DVC accommodations remaining in Big Pine Key?

I think it looks very nice, and will be staying there next month. The only thing I’m not so sure on is the black/white chair in the lobby area…
It is an odd statement. I think it simply means the rest of the rooms of the grand will get this treatment as that is the plan. The resort deluxe studio and The new regular Grand room coming to the rest of the buildings are pretty much identical offerings. Next building to go will be building 8 which is already closed.

nickys

Premium Member
Studios without a kitchenette. That's what is new here.
Interestingly, guests who checked in yesterday were being told that microwaves and toasters are apparently on back-order. In the meantime they were able to request them. And there is a shelf ready for them.

This makes me wonder whether there were sufficient complaints about the lack of a kitchenette that they decided to back-track.

If true that would be great news.

zapple

The villas building is finished with their refurb, they’re warning us about construction around the rest of the resort.

Disone

Interestingly, guests who checked in yesterday were being told that microwaves and toasters are apparently on back-order. In the meantime they were able to request them. And there is a shelf ready for them.

This makes me wonder whether there were sufficient complaints about the lack of a kitchenette that they decided to back-track.

If true that would be great news.
Both are true. Microwaves and toasters are on back order. The microwaves are a last minute addition to just building 9.

I suppose if you call a microwave a kitchenette then you have a kitchenette. Me personally I do not. I don't know that it's a specific response to a guest complaint.... Or Anticipation of a member complaint.

The original plan was to not have microwaves and just have them available upon a request. I do think this plan is much better.

pdude81

Both are true. Microwaves and toasters are on back order. The microwaves are a last minute addition to just building 9.

I suppose if you call a microwave a kitchenette then you have a kitchenette. Me personally I do not. I don't know that it's a specific response to a guest complaint.... Or Anticipation of a member complaint.

The original plan was to not have microwaves and just have them available upon a request. I do think this plan is much better.
Microwaves are a definite improvement IMO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom