Disney Urban Legends

WDW-Imagineer

That page is awesome. I've seen the Disney page before but only the other day did I start to venture into the other topics (movies, music, etc.)

markymark

Similar to normal ones, but Disney related!!!

An urban ledgend is a story that usually happens to a friend of a friend of a friend, or one that has been around for ages about a specific ride, or attraction,but didn't actually happen, or did it?

markymark

You must have heard the one where the young couple break down in the woods, the guy goes off to get help, and leaves the woman behind. Next thing there is a mad man on the roof of the car, banging on the roof, with..........

The Mom

Premium Member
"THE HOOK!!!" This always happens in a locally named wooded area. When I was growing up, it was a place called Lincoln Woods.

Also, never, ever, let someone know that the "true" story he/she is telling you is an Urban Legend...he/she will get very upset!

The Mom

Premium Member
BTW, I discovered this site while looking for one of THE WDW Urban Legends! Another chaperone on a field trip was relating the girl/kidnap/hair dye/sneakers story as happening to "my husband's best man's sister's sister-in-law." I asked when did this happen, and where did she live, as I had heard the same story in the mid 70's. (this was in 1998) I then went looking around to see if it was an Urban Legend, and voila!

Figaro

I think I must be bad luck or something. We were in Epcot when the plane crashed in the parking lot. On another trip we were there when the woman and her child were killed crossing in front of the ferry on one of the watermice thingies.
Just a warning, we're going again in Sept 11-18!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
One girl who had heart defect prior to riding Body Wars, died on it because her heart gave out. Really sad but people do have to read the signs!

DisJosh

The one about the kid gettin crushed by the monorail is nasty. The ppl mover ones sound messy too. The mattahorn ones are just disturbing..........why in the world would you stand up on that ride!!??

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Some people are just plain stupid. There is one where this man couldn't get into Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom because the security guards said he didn't have a ticket. So he climbed a fence or a pole and got on to the monorail track. Unfortunately, he didn't see the car and was hit and dragged to his death.

Another one is where a guy died on Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World. The man, near where the drop is, got out of the car but slipped. The car behind him hit him and he fell 52 feet and then got run over by the same car that hti him. Disney was not blamed for this accident.

Another story is where two boys sneaked into Disneyland and saw to Tom Sawyer's Island at the Rivers of America but one of them got lost. Cast Members found the body floating in the river the next day.

I got a little carried away. :D

DisJosh

The first one you mentioned is wrong.........he was sneaking in.......it was on grad night like many of the other accidents. He climbed over the fence and got on the monorail track.........he tried to get out of the way below the track but was still hit and was dragged about 50ft.

DisJosh

BTW Moose, all these stories you keep bringing up are all on the site marcia posted. And that spplash mountain one you posted is false.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom