Disney Transportation Trading Cards

jbcool77

Original Poster
Does anyone know if the WDW Transportation trading cards are still in circulation? Do the boat captains, bus drivers, monorail captains still carry them? I know as recent as 2015 they were still carrying these trading cards, but I was there for New Years 2017 and completely forgot to ask and try to collect. Does anyone have any intel on this? Thanks!

riverside

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the WDW Transportation trading cards are still in circulation? Do the boat captains, bus drivers, monorail captains still carry them? I know as recent as 2015 they were still carrying these trading cards, but I was there for New Years 2017 and completely forgot to ask and try to collect. Does anyone have any intel on this? Thanks!
When we were there in September & December my sister got them for her son. I will say though it may depend on who you ask. We were on our way to MK & the driver told her that they were out of them & wouldn't have any for 4 weeks. That same day on the way back to the resort the driver we had was more than happy to give my nephew a few of them!!

Driver

Yes they still have them there are 27 to the series. It is not a requirement for cast members to have them it is voluntary. Anyone in transportation may have them. (parking lot trams are not considered transportation). You may find it a challenge to collect the whole set. Typically the departments have only their own so bus drivers have the 4 bus cards and monorail have their own etc.etc. Some people have gone as far as to collect them and sell a complete set on e bay $$$. My advice is to keep asking.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yep we have those as well.... hang on to it they are not that plentiful
Hmm...Nothing elaborate...I guess it's Something?
1515340869599.png

Driver

I actually started a thread sometime in July wondering what people thought about them and got marginal response. I carry some with me all the time but hardly ever get asked. When I feel like having fun I will stop a child getting on the bus and ask them if they have a bus pass ( wink at the parents) and when they say no I tell them I will give them one of mine. And hand them a transportation card. They usually get a kick out of it.

Driver

I didn't know about these. How do you start, just ask the driver and he/she will give you one if they have them?
Yes, but not just bus drivers. The other modes of transportation as well. Boat operators and monorail as well. If one tells you they don't have any keep trying. And with monorail and/or large boats ask the deck hands. If I'm not mistaken we are into the third series. They will run a series for several years before they change. Enjoy!

smile

I actually started a thread sometime in July wondering what people thought about them and got marginal response. I carry some with me all the time but hardly ever get asked. When I feel like having fun I will stop a child getting on the bus and ask them if they have a bus pass ( wink at the parents) and when they say no I tell them I will give them one of mine. And hand them a transportation card. They usually get a kick out of it.

double like...
super-cool, driver
:)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Yes, but not just bus drivers. The other modes of transportation as well. Boat operators and monorail as well. If one tells you they don't have any keep trying. And with monorail and/or large boats ask the deck hands. If I'm not mistaken we are into the third series. They will run a series for several years before they change. Enjoy!

I'll give it a triple like @Driver , it is little extras like this that can make my day. Sometimes the magic just happens, but other times it takes a CM to make a magical moment.

smile

can build all the magical 'things' you want...
but, if the caretakers aren't in on the plot - what have you got?

AylaRanzz

I got the bus and a few of the monorail ones the last time I was there in 2016. Going in Oct this year and hoping to get some boat ones.

LUVofDIS

When we were there in September & December
We were there in September and the end of November through December and every ride we were on we were able to get cards when we asked except twice. One was on one of the friendship boats and the other was on one of our monorail rides. A few times we received a full set from the Driver.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom