News Disney transforms Magic Kingdom's famous purple wall to celebrate PRIDE Month at Walt Disney World and will donate merch profits to support LGBTQIA+

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Walt-Disney-Company_Full_47592.jpg

Creations-Shop_Full_47433.jpg

Creations-Shop_Full_47438.jpg

Last edited:

Patcheslee

CampbellzSoup

This makes me, a gay man, happy. Yes, there are double standard at play, and yes, Disney’s motivation isn’t entirely altruistic, but can’t we just be allowed to enjoy something that’s both fun and meaningful without people trying to crap all over it?

I’m gay and I find it pandering representation is seeing inclusiveness like the 2 dads on the guide map was badass but rainbow merchandise and a rainbow wall is nonsense.

LittleBuford

I’m gay and I find it pandering representation is seeing inclusiveness like the 2 dads on the guide map was badass but rainbow merchandise and a rainbow wall is nonsense.
Fair enough. I’m sorry it doesn’t work for you. I suppose I don’t see the problem with something that does work for many of us. Those who enjoy it can smile and feel good, and those who don’t can just look away. It’s of no detriment to anyone.

Casper Gutman

Fair enough. I’m sorry it doesn’t work for you. I suppose I don’t see the problem with something that does work for many of us. Those who enjoy it can smile and feel good, and those who don’t can just look away. It’s of no detriment to anyone.
Plus, if there’s one company that can claim some substance behind the gesture this year, it’s Disney. So good for them! This can’t hurt, and it might help.

Castle Cake Apologist

I think donating all of the profits from rainbow merchandise being sold across the entire resort to queer organizations is a lot more "badass" and certainly less pandering (imho of course) than putting 2 dads on a guide map seen in one park... but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom