News Disney to reveal more about the future of Epcot at D23 Expo 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh, I thought many Fantasyland attraction at DL are "original". Not to mention things like Haunted Mansion and IaSW.

Timeless in that sense of the word.

No I meant inside out isn’t timeless...the more they try to sell the muppets, the more the fail...and guardians is a B marvel property that won’t exactly be packing them in for long...

The problem with your stance is the world existed before five years ago...and will continue to past next Tuesday.

So non-IP park concepts protect specifically against that reality

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does anybody else find the timing of this post interesting? Right after a major rumor starts floating around about demolitions of the Seas and Land, they post an article that doesn't reveal any real information and implies that the Seas and the Land are staples of Epcot. Kind of a middle finger to Tom Coreless.

Interesting

But I think it’s more the “be sure to give us your attention and show up for the merch room...but don’t expect anything much”

The most you’re gonna get is innoventions replacement deets...which is a major thing and I’ll be happy with that...but no vibe seems to indicate much more than that. Just a hunch and what my rain dance told me this afternoon 😉

(By the way...it is now raining)

fngoofy

I find it more than a little ironic that people want to go back and revive the past at a place called Future World. It was nice but didn't age well. It would age even faster now.

Even if they could get decent sponsors, which I doubt, they aren't going to feature their latest research. The world has changed dramatically since 82
I would argue that it was not as much "aging well" as entertainment tastes changing. EPCOT was on the vanguard of "Infotainment." But the consuming public really only wants "Entertainment."
EPCOT ushered in infotainment really. TLC and Discovery Channels gained popularity within a decade of EPCOT opening. But in order to keep things new and exciting the flavor has shifted, a bit. Not that there aren't teachable moments around World Showcase and Future World, they just aren't the same as back in the day when the concept of satellite news was a huge exhibit in Communicore.

Imagineer777

How in the world would you represent Guardians in an icon.

Maybe like this! Made this edit last year adding on GOTG, just imagine the emblem in the same circle-y shape...

mikejs78

Premium Member
Interesting

But I think it’s more the “be sure to give us your attention and show up for the merch room...but don’t expect anything much”

The most you’re gonna get is innoventions replacement deets...which is a major thing and I’ll be happy with that...but no vibe seems to indicate much more than that. Just a hunch and what my rain dance told me this afternoon 😉

(By the way...it is now raining)
Don't worry. They'll probably announce either the Brazil Pavillion or the UK attraction at D23, or perhaps both?

No Name

I don’t think I’d have any trouble believing those icons were designed yesterday if I didn’t know they were from the 80s. They look surprisingly modern and should definitely be brought back.

In fact, all the designs for the new pavilions I’ve seen, like the ones above, look nice but break the uniform line thickness that the original icons held true to. This is especially valued today, where icons are designed to be easily reproduced in a variety of sizes on a variety of mediums. Google’s newish logo is a good example of this. Epcot Center’s icons were ahead of their time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom