News Disney to reveal more about the future of Epcot at D23 Expo 2019

JohnD

If they make an Imagination with Figment and Dreamfinder and it's as timeless as the original was/could've been, I may be able to overlook some of the destruction happening elsewhere in the park (present and past). They can either reboot it and base it on the Marvel comics or go for a ride based off the original. I mean "Dreamfinder" is still around and would still do voice work, I'm sure.

They can bring back the original soundtrack and ride track. The deceased Paul Frees still voices HM (appropriate). Billy Barty can still voice Figment.

britain

There... Timeless, amirite? Nothing a little photoshop can't "fix".

Last edited:

jt04

I find it more than a little ironic that people want to go back and revive the past at a place called Future World. It was nice but didn't age well. It would age even faster now.

Even if they could get decent sponsors, which I doubt, they aren't going to feature their latest research. The world has changed dramatically since 82

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I find it more than a little ironic that people want to go back and revive the past at a place called Future World. It was nice but didn't age well. It would age even faster now.

Even if they could get decent sponsors, which I doubt, they aren't going to feature their latest research. The world has changed dramatically since 82

I consider the current iteration of Test Track something that fits into Future World, even Mission:Space, as flawed as it is...fits, if only it was done better. Spaceship Earth is still spectacular, but could use a re-track and a new ending. If they brought back the original Journey into Imagination it would be just as nice as when it first opened.

Future World as a concept never died, Disney just decided to stop allowing it to exist the same way, because it didn't have enough of synergy (or sponsors)

jt04

I consider the current iteration of Test Track something that fits into Future World, even Mission:Space, as flawed as it is...fits, if only it was done better. Spaceship Earth is still spectacular, but could use a re-track and a new ending. If they brought back the original Journey into Imagination it would be just as nice as when it first opened.

Future World as a concept never died, Disney just decided to stop allowing it to exist the same way, because it didn't have enough of synergy (or sponsors)

I agree with a lot of this. It is extremely complicated. An IP could work wonders for Imagination. Such as Muppets or Inside Out.

A bulldozer and a blank canvas for Imagineering also is a compelling thought.

Inspired Figment

I agree with a lot of this. It is extremely complicated. An IP could work wonders for Imagination. Such as Muppets or Inside Out.

A bulldozer and a blank canvas for Imagineering also is a compelling thought.
Problem is, they’ve already tried the IP approach twice with the “Honey, I Shrunk” franchise (thanks to the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience 3D movie being next door) and it failed in Journey Into ‘Your’ Imagination & Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Using the same approach is a setup for yet another fail.
It’s clearly been proven that Figment is better off as his own, original thing.

jt04

Problem is, they’ve already tried the IP approach twice with the “Honey, I Shrunk” franchise (thanks to the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience 3D movie being next door) and it failed in Journey Into ‘Your’ Imagination & Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Using the same approach is a fail.

Using pop culture celebrities is guaranteed obsolescence in short order. Inside Out, Nemo, Muppets etc are much more timeless. For example.

Inspired Figment

Using pop culture celebrities is guaranteed obsolescence in short order. Inside Out, Nemo, Muppets etc are much more timeless. For example.
It’s not just a celebrity they’re relying on in the attraction though. It’s very clearly the “Imagination Institute” and the “Dr. Nigel Channing” character from the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience 3D show, which in turn is based on the “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” franchise of films, which, at the time, was very popular and ‘technically’ could be considered timeless. After all, they’re already making a remake of the first film.

So I mean... there ya have it.

Last edited:

jt04

It’s not just a celebrity they’re relying on in the attraction though. It’s very clearly the “Imagination Institute” from the Honey, I Shrunk the Audience 3D show, which in turn is based on the “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids” franchise of films, which, at the time, was very popular and ‘technically’ could be considered timeless. After all, they’re making already making a remake of the first film.

So i mean... there ya have it.

Cheers at MGM, Captain EO, Energy celebs, Rick Moranis, Sounds Dangerous, Bette Midler, Cranium Command celebs, etc etc. All attractions with a definite shelf.

Not how you create timeless attractions.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s not “timeless” like muppets, inside out or guardians...

Which of course, are not timeless by any definition.

jt04

It’s not “timeless” like muppets, inside out or guardians...

Which of course, are not timeless by any definition.

Oh, I thought many Fantasyland attraction at DL are "original". Not to mention things like Haunted Mansion and IaSW.

Timeless in that sense of the word.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom