Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

dizneycrazy09

I hope this doesn't happen and this isn't a rumor or anything but a thought. What if Disney is holding off building Star Wars attractions for put it in the rumored 5th park by Flamingo Crossing??? That way all three new movies would be out along with the stand alone movies. Plus rebooting Indiana Jones with new movies with new interest. Don't kill me for this comment - will a Disney buy out Universal or come up with a agreement for both parks to use different characters to put in the WDW parks. And it seems like a lot of people want a Villains themed area? Just a thought

I don't think we'll ever see a 5th gate in our lifetime. Especially with the state that the current parks are in right now. They will definitely fit SW in TPFKaHS, and they will make it work there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I hope this doesn't happen and this isn't a rumor or anything but a thought. What if Disney is holding off building Star Wars attractions for put it in the rumored 5th park by Flamingo Crossing??? That way all three new movies would be out along with the stand alone movies. Plus rebooting Indiana Jones with new movies with new interest. Don't kill me for this comment - will a Disney buy out Universal or come up with a agreement for both parks to use different characters to put in the WDW parks. And it seems like a lot of people want a Villains themed area? Just a thought

There is no evidence that a 5th park is going in that location ,or anywhere for that matter. The information that was leading people to believe a fifth park might come there was actually inaccurate.

jl3283

A good friend of mine is an imagineer and told me what they're building at DHS. I'll give you a ride but that's it. The tron coaster at shang-hi is being duplicated as the original star wars motorcycles and built for Lucas Studios which is the name of the area at DHS. Remember the dragon that flew around new fantasyland? That was a test for a "spacecraft" flying around Lucas Studios. I was told that two summers ago. Plans have been edited I bet.

doctornick

A good friend of mine is an imagineer and told me what they're building at DHS. I'll give you a ride but that's it. The tron coaster at shang-hi is being duplicated as the original star wars motorcycles and built for Lucas Studios which is the name of the area at DHS. Remember the dragon that flew around new fantasyland? That was a test for a "spacecraft" flying around Lucas Studios. I was told that two summers ago. Plans have been edited I bet.

While this all sounds nice and even plausible, I'll believe it when it happens.

I will say that a spaceship over the park would be an interesting use of the Dragon tech (what a waste so far).

PhotoDave219

When's the announcement happening?

Either:

Star Wars Celebration.
May the Fourth.
D23.
WDW's Summer Press Conference.
Juneteenth.
Bastile Day.
World UFO Day.
Slurpee Day.
Tabletop Day.
Vinyl Record Day.
Rosh Hashanah.
All Saints Day.
Halloween.
Veteran's Day.
Thanksgiving.
Christmas.
New Years.
MLK Day.
Groundhogs Day.

So definitely one of those.

PhotoDave219

I can assure you. That won't happen.

Magenta Panther

While this all sounds nice and even plausible, I'll believe it when it happens.

I will say that a spaceship over the park would be an interesting use of the Dragon tech (what a waste so far).

Would Disney risk something like that, after the Tree of Life nearly dumped a branch on tourists' heads?

HauntedMansionFLA

All those are a "Maybe"...... But hey, you can do a Star Wars Day at sea if you go on Cruise Line!
The cruise does look interesting. I've never been on a cruise. My friends say it's better than the parks. People will be crying about " too much Star Wars " thus year like Frozen took the world by storm.

Prof Ecks

I'm beginning to feel that Star Wars at DHS is my white whale and I'm captain ahab

"Then tossing both arms, with measureless imprecations he shouted out: "Aye, aye! and I’ll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition’s flames before I give him up." "

Please note that in the upcoming new Penquin Edition, "Norway Maelstrom" has been replaced with "round the Norway Frozen attraction." ;)

Magenta Panther

Dragons and spaceships fly way better than trees. :)

LOL! But what I meant was, Disney seems to be a little paranoid right now about having attractions, or moving parts of attractions, above guests' heads. What if the little rocket ship or whatever malfunctions? Although if its flight path is away from congested areas and above an area with a provided landing strip/crash field, that might negate the problem, I suppose...

Matt_Black

LOL! But what I meant was, Disney seems to be a little paranoid right now about having attractions, or moving parts of attractions, above guests' heads. What if the little rocket ship or whatever malfunctions? Although if its flight path is away from congested areas and above an area with a provided landing strip/crash field, that might negate the problem, I suppose...

It might also be they don't want to act until all this drone legislation is firmly established. Law ALWAYS lags behind technology.

PhotoDave219

It might also be they don't want to act until all this drone legislation is firmly established. Law ALWAYS lags behind technology.

Unlikely to happen. Disney is not going to put anything over a guest's head. Too much liability.

And the FAA is finally getting their stuff together with drones. Not that anyone will actually obey it....

Homer fan

So, at this point, is it safe to assume star wars land will be announced at D23? Once star wars weekends end, is there any other time they could do it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom