Rumor Disney To Remove "Magic Carpets Of Aladdin"

Animaniac93-98

Florida's Sunshine Pavilion was faithfully recreated for Tokyo Disneyland. Stitch's spaceship is now parked out front of the exit (no I'm not making that up), but it's much smaller and not nearly as intrusive as the Carpet spinner. The area in front looks much nicer without it.

1608435307651.png

1608435319031.png

matt9112

To be fair this is probably the most annoyong placement in the MK to me personally....nothing else there is cartoony so it really pops out not in a good way..coupled with the wierd crowd problem it creates...obviously looks like this rumor has no legs but i kind of wish i did.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I Work At WDW And "Magic Carpets" May soon be retired. currently, the place where magic carpets are is too overcrowded. magic carpets would most likely be removed and will not be replaced by anything except for some palm trees and benches

Magic Carpet Is Facing Maintenance Issues And Is Breaking Down Often
You are the guy who said Pirates of the Caribbean was going to go back to the original version. I do not believe you. Like at all.

Last edited:

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

I Work At WDW And "Magic Carpets" May soon be retired. currently, the place where magic carpets are is too overcrowded. magic carpets would most likely be removed and will not be replaced by anything except for some palm trees and benches

Magic Carpet Is Facing Maintenance Issues And Is Breaking Down Often
I hear they are reviving Tricerotops Spin for that location.

The theme will be "Dinosaurs", with the Sinclair family getting lost in circles on their way to a jungle cruise.

Fun for the whole family!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
They are probably going to move it to the Morocco pavilion.
All joking aside, I'd be OK with that. Well with a few prerequisites... err caveats.

1. The attraction must be in Agrabah*
2. Flying Carpets must be enclosed, given a new paint scheme, lighting, songs, etc.
3. Entrance to Agrabah is granted by the Genie; a passage way or magical portal using an effect like the Enchanted Tales with Belle mirror.
4. M&G characters should be in Morocco, No Genie M&G. digital window effect in Moroccan shop featuring Abu
5. Branding and Shop redesign: "The Magic of Morroco" and a new magic shop, "Agrabah-Cadabra"

Last edited:

tl77

I like the Flying Carpet spinner, it's great for little kids and gives you a nice view to that part of the park, I just think the ride itself looks terrible. The 90's cartoony look of it doesn't fit in with the "naturalistic, 1970's, jungle/tiki bar" vibe of Adventureland... kind of like if they turned WDW's Splash Mountain into a New Orleans theme? wouldn't really fit in with the old west stuff around it.

I would hope/believe they would change how the Flying Carpets look, The Star Jets became The Astro Orbiter and Dumbo had at least 2 other versions/looks at WDW. If it had some darker colors and looked more like the Cave of Wonders, surrounded by treasure and jewels, I think it would fit in better with the Jungle look of Adventureland, much better than that boring, beige "dessert look" it has now.

...and if they pulled the "Song of The South" characters out of WDW's Splash Mountain and replaced them with "The America Sings" Sam Eagle, Ollie Owl, Rock n Roll Stork, and all the characters in Disneyland's Splash Mountain, I'd be fine with Splash Mountain becoming "America Sings the Ride". I like the look of the scenes in the ride more than the individual characters.

Most people seem to like "The Theme" of the lands in Magic Kingdom, don't know why Disney doesn't seem to get that before they change or add something to the park. Disneyland is like a Flea Market of different IPs, but Disney World is about the themed world/lands/environments and stepping into an immersive experience

MurphyJoe

CONFIRMED: In 2022, they will be opening a fifth gate. Official name: Chapekland. It will contain only merchandise locations.

Disney Springs is getting an entry fee and the latest addition to the Water Parks & More ticket option confirmed! Why build when you can rename and repurpose?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom