News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nobody GAF about masks anymore and nobody here is “triggered” from what I’ve read. Pretty sure 99% are happy about this announcement.
I wouldn’t say “nobody”...but I’m sure it’s drastically reduced over the last month or so
View attachment 563382

The war is over, and freedom won.
The exaggeration isn’t nearly as clever as I bet you think it is...
If I was a CM I’d have a hard time asking people to put their masks on indoors right now that aren’t. Disney should’ve announced this the night before the change.
They probably won’t...3 days

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
pivoting back... I can't imagine cms are really going to harass kids to put masks are they? also in case anyone asks my kids are under 2
Well...I really depends on the mandates, does it not?

kids under 12 are gonna be recommended to mask for probably another 6 months...

think Disney is gonna line up to “meh...have fun, kids?”

Chi84

Premium Member
So what is the news on those 12 and under who haven’t been vaccinated. Do they need to still wear masks or are they excluded?
My guess - and it's only that - is that the CDC will change its guidance for kids under 12 pretty soon. I don't think they're going to wait until they can all be vaccinated to drop the mask requirements for them. In the meantime, I really doubt WDW will enforce mask-wearing for kids. They'll just state the rule and their expectation that guests will follow it.

cmwade77

Are privately owned buses considered public transit? I've never read that.
Airlines are considered public transit and are indeed privately owned. Trains are privately owned, but also considered public transit. Ride Shares are privately owned, but are considered public transit for purposes of the mask mandate.

Basically, your own personal car is not public transit, anytime you are in a vehicle with someone you don't know, it is considered public transit.

ToTBellHop

Airlines are considered public transit and are indeed privately owned. Trains are privately owned, but also considered public transit. Ride Shares are privately owned, but are considered public transit for purposes of the mask mandate.

Basically, your own personal car is not public transit, anytime you are in a vehicle with someone you don't know, it is considered public transit.
Unless you are at Universal.

I believe the LAW covers public transit that is publicly funded. Disney is just being nice and following the idea of the law.

My true guess: California will require masks on buses in the state from 6/15. I think Disney made a policy for WDW that they are copying and pasting to DL on 6/15.

ToTBellHop

That was my thought exactly.

This is exactly why Disney World picking June 15 is an interesting choice.
I presume WDW doesn’t really care that some will be…resistant…with the masks this weekend. There’s no law in Florida or the county. But they may prefer to wait until 6/14 to announce for DL since they legally need to maintain the current policies until 12 am 6/15.

cmwade77

I presume WDW doesn’t really care that some will be…resistant…with the masks this weekend. There’s no law in Florida or the county. But they may prefer to wait until 6/14 to announce for DL since they legally need to maintain the current policies until 12 am 6/15.
I would expect an announcement at around 4 PM PST or so on 6/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom