News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

CM or any person I'm interacting with doesn't know my vaccination status. So for me - its not hard to put it on to talk to them then take it off when I walk away. Its about making them feel more comfortable for me.

I'm not saying everyone has to do what I do - its MY personal choice.
You can choose to do whatever you want to do. My question was related to approaching a CM outdoors, where, based on CDC guidelines, your vaccination status shouldn't be of concern to the CM.

Aside from that, by this point, if the CM was concerned, they have had ample opportunity to be fully vaccinated.

dovetail65

Also, CA officially announced that masks will not be mandatory at large outdoor events (such as Disneyland) starting June 15. I’d expect this one to be a 2fer.
Outdoor event do have rules:
  • At outdoor events with over 10,000 participants, like festivals, parades, sporting events and concerts, the state is recommending verification of vaccination or a negative coronavirus test. Or, if the person is neither vaccinated nor tested, venues can give them the option to attend but with a mask required.
  • At indoor venues with more than 5,000 guests, the state is now requiring, not just recommending, verification of vaccination or a negative coronavirus test. That includes conventions, sporting events and concerts.

Regarding children, I think it is well known at this point that the CDC is going to issue updated guidance for them in the near future that basically says they children younger than 12, who can't be vaccinated at this point, don't really need to be wearing masks in school. Walensky herself basically said as much on TV. The exact timing of that update is uncertain, but it's coming. Now, while the CDC may focus specifically on schools, that is essentially going to be the final shoe to drop. If children and adults can be congregated together in a school all day long without masks, it makes no sense what-so-ever to require them to wear them when making a trip to Walmart or going on a ride at Disney. And no one is going to enforce masks on young children at that point, if they are even enforcing them now.
Regarding children, I think it is well known at this point that the CDC is going to issue updated guidance for them in the near future that basically says they children younger than 12, who can't be vaccinated at this point, don't really need to be wearing masks in school.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
here in Oregon, all mask mandates will go away when we hit 70% first shot given to all residents...we're at 65% roughly now...still about 85k people short...the Oregon Health Authority says we ough to hit that around the 21st or so
Some states in the Northeast have done the same. PA where I am it’s 70% fully vaccinated before we drop all covid mitigations. Masks are already not required for fully vaccinated people but the mandate still stands for unvaccinated. It’s about 50/50 on businesses adopting. We should hit 70% by end of June.

dreday3

Erm...that site said no masks most places outside of transportation starting on June 15th for Disney? Optional indoor for fully vaccinated and they won't be asking for proof of vaccination. Any verified sources?

dovetail65

Erm...that site said no masks most places outside of transportation starting on June 15th for Disney? Optional indoor for fully vaccinated and they won't be asking for proof of vaccination. Any verified sources?
Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order in April barring businesses from requiring customers to show proof they have been vaccinated against COVID-19.

So I don't believe Disney can ever ask our vaccine status in Florida.

As far as the rest I don't know, but as of today that's how it is in IL and on the 15th it seems many states are going that route as well. We are wide open here in IL starting today and under 1% .

cmwade77

Disney is the biggest money maker there is for Florida so if they really wanted to require proof of vaccination they could.
No, it is a $5,000 fine per instance of them asking for proof of vaccination from guests/patrons/customers and applies to all businesses in Florida, although that fine doesn't go into effect until July 1st.

I will not go into if I think it is right or wrong so we avoid the whole politics thing, but that is the law in Florida.

BaconPancakes

No, it is a $5,000 fine per instance of them asking for proof of vaccination from guests/patrons/customers and applies to all businesses in Florida, although that fine doesn't go into effect until July 1st.

I will not go into if I think it is right or wrong so we avoid the whole politics thing, but that is the law in Florida.
Laws can be changed. Like I said Florida knows who writes their checks. Obviously wdw isn’t going to require proof at this point so the point is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom