News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

I would agree with that. If I remember correctly, it was the Union that pushed for masks and face shields for employee "safety."
Masks were a no brainer and always part of the companies plan. Certain unions pushed for face shields.

CAV

I just got back. It was nice to not wear the mask all the time. It was nice to walk around the WS sipping my drink. It was hit or miss if a CM told you to put on a mask in the skyliner cue. Every other cue, as long as you were outside the building, no one bothered you to put on a mask. As long as the Runaway Railroad cue was, and as man CMs you passed along the way, we were only told to put on a mask once we entered the building. The height of silliness, the hostess at Hollywood & Vine made us wear it for the 30 foot walk to our table.

Last edited by a moderator:

Baloo62

Sea World, Busch Gardens, and now Dollywood require no masks anywhere...."Following updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fully vaccinated guests can now visit Dollywood without wearing a mask or physically distancing". Interestlingly, Six Flags is still requiring outdoor masks per their website(s).

Parker in NYC

Sea World, Busch Gardens, and now Dollywood...."Following updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fully vaccinated guests can now visit Dollywood without wearing a mask or physically distancing". Interestlingly, Six Flags is still requiring outdoor masks per their website(s).
Has DW also removed mask requirements and physical distancing indoors?

peter11435

Thanks for pointing that out. I had no idea.
Listen if you think the rule is silly that’s one thing. But your post reads as though you’re saying she was being silly making you wear it. She was doing her job asking you to follow the rules. A rule that was set by Disney because they are following current county guidelines that require face coverings indoors. Even when walking 30 feet to your table.

peter11435

You listen. And stop assuming. My statement is commentary had nothing to do with the hostess and everything to do with the absurdity of eating unmasked but walking to and from the table masked
I’m not making assumptions, I’m reading what you wrote. You specifically said the hostess made you.

And the reason you are required to wear your mask while walking to and from your table is because you will likely not be physically distant from other parties while on the way. Once seated at your table you are properly distanced from other parties.

pixie225

I’m not making assumptions, I’m reading what you wrote. You specifically said the hostess made you.

And the reason you are required to wear your mask while walking to and from your table is because you will likely not be physically distant from other parties while on the way. Once seated at your table you are properly distanced from other parties.
This. I don't need people breathing on my food while they are walking past my table. Didn't like it before covid, like it even less now.

Lilofan

Seems fine today at Magic Kingdom. To no surprise of mine, guests are following the mask in queue rule better here than at Universal.

It’s really hard to complain about wearing a mask in shaded indoor queues when the alternative the last year was every second unless you’re eating.
No surprise I agree , I have seen more unruly at UO than at WDW.

Incomudro

This. I don't need people breathing on my food while they are walking past my table. Didn't like it before covid, like it even less now.
Doesn't the waitress or waiter breath on your food?
Unlike people briefly walking by your table - and depending on where your table is, often no one walks by it - your waitress or waiter makes repeated trips to your table, leans over it, and speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom