News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

tallica

I know no one can hear the tone of my voice, so please know I’m not “shouting” or anything like that.

It is a fact, this virus has been politicized in not only the US, but countries around the world. We have ripped each other to shreds from conversations with our family, friends, and even here on these message boards.

We’ve lost friends and family over the past year, whether due to death by the virus or ending contact over our differences in how we would solve all of this.

I think any reasonable person in the Spring of 2020 couldn’t wait to have a vaccine, so we could get things going back to normal.

We now have multiple vaccines. I got my second Pfizer shot nearly a month ago. That’s MY choice. I will not judge someone if they don’t want to have one.

We have constantly been told to “trust the science”. Well, the science now says fully vaccinated people two weeks after their final shot are OK to go back to normalcy.

If someone wants to wear a mask, or even two masks, or stay at home, or only go out early in the morning, you do you.

I find that everything in life is a risk. I’m still going to drive a car, even though people die in car accidents. I’m still going to fly on a plane, or eat a meal, despite some people can choke and die on a meal.

The majority of the human race has to move on and we can’t do it living in fear anymore.

I’ll be having my mask off except in the spots where the Mouse tells me to wear it and look forward to when none of us will be required to wear masks anywhere. If you want to go to Disney and wear a mask even though you don’t have to in most spots any more, you do you.
Well said, wish more people were like you.:)

buckeyegator

now that most rides are fully occupied i expect wait times to go down, disney has to do this since we all know capacity has been upped w/o actually saying so.

ColeTrain04

With no FP+, the queues move quickly. We were in a line for TOT that stretched almost into backstage.

The wait was 20 minutes.

No FP+ completely changes the Standby lines.
They just increased capacity so you’re not seeing the effects of that yet. Make no mistake the lines will become unbearable. They might not bring back fast pass but they definitely need to bring back more entertainment and dining to help absorb the increase of guests...

buckeyegator

They just increased capacity so you’re not seeing the effects of that yet. Make no mistake the lines will become unbearable. They might not bring back fast pass but they definitely need to bring back more entertainment and dining to help absorb the increase of guests...
if they limited fast pass to say 33% of the hourly throughput, and allowed as many as you wanted there would be fast passes spread out throughout the whole day, much easier,imo, to plan your day if you know 6 ride times,just my 2cents.

FormerMember

I don’t plan to til DD is vaccinated. But its not just WDW. It is now virtually everywhere where I live. So no, not simple.

You know those pesky mental health impacts everyone’s been concerned about? Well, shockingly, those still apply. It was better with the mask mandate as we could take her out for short trips to a grocery store, etc. I have little doubt it will decline again with needing to return to stricter measures. It isn’t like the timeline for kids under 12 to have a vax is unknown. It isn’t some indeterminant years down the road. Pfizer should be ready this Fall.
If you’re that concerned, please do not rely on a piece of cotton to keep her safe.

Rich Brownn

Actually they don’t have enough data to conclude that the vaccine is better than natural antibodies. They have “some” studies that suggest that, but even those were only marginally better. A recent UCSF study article could only answer “probably” to that question since there is not conclusive proof.
There have been many studies that show the vaccine is more effective even if you've had it https://www.contagionlive.com/view/...accines-is-more-robust-than-natural-infection Just one a few easily found. And again, not only does the CDC and most doctors recommend it, there is ZERO evidence it is harmful to anyone who has had the disease already.

correcaminos

Yes, have been involved directly with private and academic research. I have witnessed and heard stories of researchers steering studies to fit their desired outcome. Do not trust any scientific studies unless it has been peer reviewed and the results have been replicated by an independent source.
Sorry I am really not in the mood to google for you. I've read it countless times so I will believe it. I'm really not into feeding covid vaccine scare tactics though.

ParentsOf4

Crowds look very manageable. Has that been your experience with the other parks?
Looks like they upped capacity on several attractions but crowds have not caught up yet. Give it a week.

40A1568F-4FC5-489D-B482-0333904AA089.jpeg

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes, have been involved directly with private and academic research. I have witnessed and heard stories of researchers steering studies to fit their desired outcome. Do not trust any scientific studies unless it has been peer reviewed and the results have been replicated by an independent source.

Having actually worked in Sponsored Research at a Tier I Carnegie Research Institution, I can tell you that most studies are peer reviewed before publication. And being on the funding side of the equation, i.e., paying for that research, we insisted that ALL research conducted followed established QA/QC protocols. Certain federal agencies won't repay the institution until their researchers review the final product.

No responsible faculty member, especially one tenured, would risk their tenure or standing in their field of study to do such a thing. I threatened a university president with the revocation of tenure for one of his faculty members for not following appropriate research protocols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom