News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mom

Premium Member
3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

rnese

I f they are with people who cannot be vaccinated or did not produce antibodies, would you understand that?

I'm thrilled outdoor masks are gone (understanding being in queue is "indoors") but I'm aware not everyone is the same. A little respect and understanding goes a long way.
When "you" mind "my" business, and "I" mind "your" business, that's where I have a problem.(and I'm not being personal here, just theoretically.) Perhaps the responsibility of "respect" and "understanding" should be placed upon the individual who feels it's necessary to mind other people's business.

ParentsOf4

At Animal Kingdom. No temperature checks, no masks for security, no masks for ticket checks.
22931814-E6D7-4D89-8F92-1A50A3B0A1D7.jpeg

hopemax

Ran into another family wearing masks outside.

Asked them if they were aware of the change.

They said yes.

They were NOT happy about the change.
It is a very fast change. If you came to WDW because you thought it would be a safer alternative for your unvaccinated or immuno-compromised family, it’s to late to change plans when you are already here. That’s part of why I didn’t think Disney would move this fast. Give a window (like a June 1 date) for people with a set of expectations time to finish their visit, and upcoming arrivals to make alternative plans if they wanted.

correcaminos

When "you" mind "my" business, and "I" mind "your" business, that's where I have a problem.(and I'm not being personal here, just theoretically.) Perhaps the responsibility of "respect" and "understanding" should be placed upon the individual who feels it's necessary to mind other people's business.
First, I'm totally calm in my tone, so read this as a kind discussion. I'm also kinda tired so if I misunderstood just know I was so excited last night it was harder to sleep and my cats forgot it was Saturday and woke me early lol. When people care about masks it doesn't mean they will go after others. They shouldn't at all! If someone is not following a rule, a reminder comment from workers and such is okay to me as it is for all things, but never in my mind did I mean to imply those worried about no masks were going to be jerks.

My comment was about you not understanding why someone who is vaccinated might care about masks. Caring about masks to me doesn't mean they will be like a Karen and say something, they may just be going from a more comfortable trip to less comfortable if not all in their party is masked. So I was simply saying that someone vaccinated might care because loved ones they are with are not.

I just said on the other thread that it's an adjustment. Those who are now just fully vaccinated need time to process change. We need to understand not all are comfortable with this. If my kid weren't close to being fully vaccinated for our trip, I might be more worried. So my comment about understanding others relates to that. We're not all in the same mindset yet. My friends who are just vaccinated need time to adjust and I get that!

So again just because someone is upset, doesn't mean they will call maskless out for what they are doing, they just are personally not comfortable and need time to decide what to do.

LoonyMouse

Watching a few live streams it looks like masks are required in the queues. I know the announcement was a bit vague, and I think most of us expected "in the attraction" to mean also in the queue, and in practice today it looks like Disney is requiring masks once you enter the queue, whether it is inside or an extended outdoor queue from what I've seen.

crawale

Let’s avoid this rabbit hole as it has no impact on WDW park management. If we aren’t checking vaccine passports, we aren’t checking antibody titer. You and I both know, in practice, yesterday’s announcement will lead to no one over 12 feeling compelled to mask up. It will be a personal choice. And this fact will force the CDC’s hand with respect to children very quickly. Punishing children doesn’t win elections.

We just need to wait as the dominos fall.
I'm just saying as so many people have tested positive which seems to be the equivalent of having COVID. The purpose of the vaccine is to enable the body to produce antibodies which those that have had COVID already have. In the interests of accuracy these people should be considered the same as those who are vaccinated. I agree no one is checking vaccine cards - YET. When the word is 'get vaccinated or you must wear a mask' then we need to be more specific. When some schools are insisting children be vaccinated to return to in-person school I worry that the ones who have tested positive and recovered will have to face getting a vaccine that to a recovered person may be more dangerous than COVID. I agree punishing children does not win elections but fear there are many who do not care.

crawale

First, I'm totally calm in my tone, so read this as a kind discussion. I'm also kinda tired so if I misunderstood just know I was so excited last night it was harder to sleep and my cats forgot it was Saturday and woke me early lol. When people care about masks it doesn't mean they will go after others. They shouldn't at all! If someone is not following a rule, a reminder comment from workers and such is okay to me as it is for all things, but never in my mind did I mean to imply those worried about no masks were going to be jerks.

My comment was about you not understanding why someone who is vaccinated might care about masks. Caring about masks to me doesn't mean they will be like a Karen and say something, they may just be going from a more comfortable trip to less comfortable if not all in their party is masked. So I was simply saying that someone vaccinated might care because loved ones they are with are not.

I just said on the other thread that it's an adjustment. Those who are now just fully vaccinated need time to process change. We need to understand not all are comfortable with this. If my kid weren't close to being fully vaccinated for our trip, I might be more worried. So my comment about understanding others relates to that. We're not all in the same mindset yet. My friends who are just vaccinated need time to adjust and I get that!

So again just because someone is upset, doesn't mean they will call maskless out for what they are doing, they just are personally not comfortable and need time to decide what to do.
If only people would just mind their own business. If you want to wear a mask - go ahead, if you want to stay locked in - go ahead, if you want to be maskless - go ahead. It just seems that there is more criticism on the part of those who want to wear masks.

rnese

I'm totally not trying to be confrontational with you and I have no reason to think you are with me. Just a nice conversation.

I get it that each person is different and has handled this ridiculously trying, challenging and exhausting 14 months differently. What I'm suggesting is that we're better off, all of us, if we simply return to a time where people focus on themselves and their family. Do what's best for them.

The whole "mask" and "vaccine" thing is simply an example of the problem. If I have concerns, I am responsible for my concerns. I personally feel I have no right to make others adjust their lives to meet my concerns. Just like I don't feel like I should have to adjust my life to meet theirs. I personally feel that if more people approached things this way, we'd be better off.

I hope you're well, and have a great day!

themarchhare

Just like I don't feel like I should have to adjust my life to meet theirs.
Here's the thing, though - the keyword in the term "public health" is public. One citizen's decisions absolutely *do* affect others, particularly in the potential formation of new variants.

I think Disney and the CDC made the right call, but this laissez-faire look at public health is ultimately self-serving, unhelpful, and potentially hurts others.

dreday3

I think this is a great compromise.

We can walk around the parks, hotels, Disney Springs without masks.
Once we are starting to get in queues (still to be determined if it includes the extended outdoor parts?), indoors and transportation - masks.

I truly can't understand the concern about walking around outside w/out masks. We will still be masked in areas where the risk of transmission is increased.

Yes, some people may forget to put their mask on right away, but I don't think this will be the huge issue some are making it out to be.

And I'll admit, even when they drop masks indoors here where I live, I probably will still have mine on for a bit in the stores until I get used to it. But outside....yahooooo!!!!!!

bdearl41

Here is the thing. If you feel really uncomfortable, go get some of the N95 masks. They don’t protect others but they do protect you. This way you and yours are safe but those who are vaccinated, have prior immunity or choose to not worry about the virus can go about their day without a threat to you. No one said you have to go maskless. The mom said it best. Moving forward let’s all be nice to each other. We’re each going to return to normal at our own pace. We who are no longer worried about Covid need to allow the space and time for those who do still have fear. Good luck to everyone out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom