News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

91JLovesDisney

Texas dropped mask mandates two months ago and saw no such spike, despite being way further behind the vaccination curve than we are now.
I'm in Texas - sadly most business still require masks, so I'm not surprised there's no spike. Hopefully soon businesses will start to relax a bit more, there are still some that don't require it.

There was this old Texas dance hall I visited in.. Seguine..? Literally no one in a square mile even had a mask with them :D it was wonderful

CosmicRays

I'm in Texas - sadly most business still require masks, so I'm not surprised there's no spike. Hopefully soon businesses will start to relax a bit more, there are still some that don't require it.

There was this old Texas dance hall I visited in.. Seguine..? Literally no one in a square mile even had a mask with them :D it was wonderful
Was it Gruene Hall at Gruene? That's fairly close to Seguin. Awesome Old country and western bar. Only takes cash.

91JLovesDisney

Was it Gruene Hall at Gruene? That's fairly close to Seguin. Awesome Old country and western bar. Only takes cash.
My Texas geography isn't spectacular - I remember that it was by Fredericksburg. I don't think it was Seguine actually.

Edit: yes it was Gruene. Had to ask a family member. I remember that they sold like, jerky and crackers or something so they could be considered a restaurant 😂

CosmicRays

My Texas geography isn't spectacular - I remember that it was by Fredericksburg. I don't think it was Seguine actually.

Edit: yes it was Gruene. Had to ask a family member. I remember that they sold like, jerky and crackers or something so they could be considered a restaurant 😂
Gruene is an amazing little touristy town. One of the best restaurants ever resides next to that dance hall, The Gristmill.

Edit : The issue with Texas is that we natives may say two areas are close, but they are 3 hours from each other.

91JLovesDisney

Gruene is an amazing little touristy town. One of the best restaurants ever resides next to that dance hall, The Gristmill.

Edit : The issue with Texas is that we natives may say two areas are close, but they are 3 hours from each other.
Agreed!
As I recall we did not eat at Gristmill because the line was like, looping around the block

tpac24

At this point if someone is unvaccinated by choice and gets Covid I have zero sympathy. Also they’ve found that getting Covid causes ED so have fun with that. Lol
We finally agree on something well sort of I am big believer in personal responsibility in all aspects of our daily lives .

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It'll be really interesting to see if cases spike again because the folks who don't want to wear masks are also the same people who don't want to get vaccinated. Guess I'll check back in in 2-4 weeks.

Numbers by the middle of June should be telling with the combination of reduced mitigation and the holiday weekend. I think we make it to there without a major spike then we are in the clear until fall which will be the next test.

ppete1975

honestly this is was of the dumbest things we have done (removing masks for vaccinated people), for one simple reason unless we get face tattoos or some other easily identifiable marking.... there is no way for non vaccinated people to be seen as being different. So you cant enforce any of it. I am fully vaccinated but still wear a mask just so others hopefully will. We arent over this... it could easily come back.. i for one dont want a replay of 2020. I think the government is jumping the shark here trying to get the economy back (which i understand) but its a dangerous game.

ToTBellHop

honestly this is was of the dumbest things we have done (removing masks for vaccinated people), for one simple reason unless we get face tattoos or some other easily identifiable marking.... there is no way for non vaccinated people to be seen as being different. So you cant enforce any of it. I am fully vaccinated but still wear a mask just so others hopefully will. We arent over this... it could easily come back.. i for one dont want a replay of 2020. I think the government is jumping the shark here trying to get the economy back (which i understand) but its a dangerous game.
Do you have a Ph.D. in epidemiology?

Lots of those at the CDC.

ppete1975

i stayed at a holiday inn express? :)
i dont disagree that in theory for vaccinated people it "should" be fine.. but we arent at herd immunity. This more feels like propaganda for getting people to get vaccinated (get vaccinated get rid of your mask), but from personal experience when a few people stop wearing them, everyone does.

ToTBellHop

i stayed at a holiday inn express? :)
i dont disagree that in theory for vaccinated people it "should" be fine.. but we arent at herd immunity. This more feels like propaganda for getting people to get vaccinated (get vaccinated get rid of your mask), but from personal experience when a few people stop wearing them, everyone does.
Something had to be done to overcome hesitancy. There will eventually be places verifying vaccination and not using the honor system. Airports, live shows, etc.

ppete1975

Something had to be done to overcome hesitancy. There will eventually be places verifying vaccination and not using the honor system. Airports, live shows, etc.
but after youre checked then what? outside of you cant fly without a vacc card, there is no way to enforce non vacc wearing a mask (which is my issue). in theory you could do wrist bracelets ala 21 for drinking. But what a pain to enforce. I get both sides. People have never wanted to wear masks... people in states like ok, ark, texas never really wanted to and have stopped months ago (i live in oklahoma and travel to the other 2 frequently). But till we hit herd immunity its not wise. BUT thats just my opinion, I know some people dont want to be vaccinated, others think its a hoax, and my opinion isnt more valid than anyone elses. I just feel the world feeling almost normal again and id hate to take one step forward and then one step off a cliff.

Wendy Pleakley

I have no reason to doubt the science behind the CDC statements. Vaccines = protection isn't a controversial conclusion.

As many have said, the problem is human behaviour.

If they implemented these new mask guidelines in Japan for example I'd say great, I trust them to follow the rules. Other places, not so much.

BaconPancakes

The simple solution is to require vaccination proof before being able to enter the parks. (Yes I know Fl isn’t allowing this currently, but hopefully that gets struck down.)

ToTBellHop

Real talk. We masked up due to hospitalizations and deaths. Those are falling rapidly. We are nearing the maximum level of vaccination we will see without bribing—~70%. If things like this and the OH lottery get us to 75 or 80%, wonderful. Sitting and waiting won’t get the unwilling or apathetic to pull up their sleeves. So we turn to bribery and, eventually, coercion.

In the meantime, mandates can ease with low risk. The hope is by easing now, people will take the CDC seriously if we ever need masks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom