News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlwise2021

Let’s not forget, the CDC has already said vaccinated adults and their unvaccinated children can be out and about without masks. Disney can remove the outdoor mask mandate and tell people to still distance and stay in groups of no more than x people (8 people? 3 family groups? Their choice. Latter most likely) and be in line with CDC policy, FL state law, and (soon) Orange County guidance.

Indoors will take longer.
This is what I’m thinking too, and I know that you are far more of an insider than me. I think outdoor masking is brutal in summer heat, and many public health figures have noted how low the risk of spread outdoors is for everyone. I had heard that the mayor of Orange County was probably going to say this afternoon that the outdoor mask mandate for ALL is lifted because the county reached the 50% threshold, and I’m assuming that right there is all Disney should need to feel comfortable saying, “Masks outdoors is optional.” That’s my big hope anyway. 🤞And I know that the governor of FL has already done his order, but Disney wants to be on the right side of this in all ways, so waiting for Mayor Demings’ blessing is even safer. I’m totally fine with masks indoors even though I’m vaccinated… but outdoors for anyone is another story and needs to go.

ToTBellHop

Further good news for Disney and all of us: Pfizer’s Phase 1 study in kids 5-11 has determined dosage in that group and the Phase 2/3 study is fully enrolled (4600 participants; 2/3 get vaccine; 1/3 placebo) with injections underway. Interim results likely in July; full results August, EUA application around Labor Day if the vaccine works as expected. Shots in arms October.

Phase 1 underway for those under age 5 to determine dosage. Likely looking at results for 2-4.9 around Thanksgiving and 0.5-1.9 toward Christmas. That timeline is looser since they need to determine dosage.

Mat Cauthon

The 90 day wait is only for those who were treated with antibodies or monoclonal plasma.
A co-worker of mine tested positive in February and had mild cold symptoms. He tried to get the vaccine this month and was told he had to wait. Don't know if it's because of the type vaccine or if the clinic had wrong information about who can get vaccinated and when.
ETA: he just stayed home for our works mandatory time then got retested to show negative and could return. He received no special treatments.

correcaminos

A co-worker of mine tested positive in February and had mild cold symptoms. He tried to get the vaccine this month and was told he had to wait. Don't know if it's because of the type vaccine or if the clinic had wrong information about who can get vaccinated and when.
ETA: he just stayed home for our works mandatory time then got retested to show negative and could return. He received no special treatments.
They (who told him) were flat out wrong. Just like a friend got the first dose and a day or so later tested positive. Was told to wait 90 days for the second shot. Couldn't convince him otherwise thanks to a retired nurse spouting wrong info.

The 90 days was thought to be minimal limit to antibodies and when supply was really low they wanted you to wait. It's been gone since mid Jan IIRC

CosmicRays

What makes Disney more revenue: The amount of people coming to WDW if masks are lifted or the amount of people that come while masks are mandated?

I think the answer to this is what will have alot of weight on the decision to removing mask mandates sooner vs later
I feel like we all know the answer is more than likely the amount that come when masks are lifted.

Mat Cauthon

They (who told him) were flat out wrong. Just like a friend got the first dose and a day or so later tested positive. Was told to wait 90 days for the second shot. Couldn't convince him otherwise thanks to a retired nurse spouting wrong info.

The 90 days was thought to be minimal limit to antibodies and when supply was really low they wanted you to wait. It's been gone since mid Jan IIRC
We wondered if it was because if his antibodies were still high the shot could cause his immune system to go into overdrive and possibly cause a more severe reaction.

correcaminos

We wondered if it was because if his antibodies were still high the shot could cause his immune system to go into overdrive and possibly cause a more severe reaction.
While some who have had covid did have a worse first shot, many who did do not. The 90 days came from unknowns I think, but quickly changed. Some suggested holding off when supply was low. Now it's just wait until your 10 days is up and symptom free.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I think (going by memory, no time right now to double check) that there was a 90 wait from having COVID to being vaccinated, but, that has now been dropped. The CDC website now only mentions if treated with plasma one should wait 90 days.

twebber55

yeah i felt bad after both shots and i had covid in December
i assumed it was because of that

Furiated

Still catching up on this thread so I'm not sure if this is old news. Was at DHS today and ToT removed the spacing dots in the elevator load section and was also loading all rows. Wasn't like this earlier in the week when I rode. Conversely, Star Tours was business as usual, every other row and with dividers.

RSoxNo1

You’re right which is why the will continue to require masks.
I'm not so sure about this. They now have the CDC largely advocating for the elimination of outdoor mask usage. Having to wear a mask in the Florida summer heat is going to be a deal breaker for some people and the elimination of the outdoor mask policy very well could result in more bookings.

It may be administratively inconvenient, but if the flip side is higher attendance I imagine they will do it.

I have a trip planned at the end of July and I would be very surprised if I'm required to wear a mask outdoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom