News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
I didn't want to find the old restaurant mask thread, but for anyone who is interested: I did ask the host in each table service restaurant about the mask policy. In every one, I was told we could leave the mask off while we were seated at the table, but should put it back on if we left the table for any reason. We didn't see anyone seated at a table wearing a mask. We went to STK, La Hacienda, Topolino's Terrace, Sanaa, Cali Grill, Brown Derby, the Boathouse and Tiffins.

Miss Bella

I didn't want to find the old restaurant mask thread, but for anyone who is interested: I did ask the host in each table service restaurant about the mask policy. In every one, I was told we could leave the mask off while we were seated at the table, but should put it back on if we left the table for any reason. We didn't see anyone seated at a table wearing a mask. We went to STK, La Hacienda, Topolino's Terrace, Sanaa, Cali Grill, Brown Derby, the Boathouse and Tiffins.
The only people I saw wearing a mask at a table were the ones doing it voluntarily, and that was only a handful.

There is no mask mandate in my city, but most businesses still have mask-required signs at the entrance. Only about 50% of customers wear them and 25% of the other 50% wear them as chin bras.

I think WDW is going to have a very hard time getting people to comply this Summer. It's easy when there are just a few rebels, but when you have a high percentage of people not complying it's time to give up.

I've always said the mask-wearing will end when people say enough is enough.

Chi84

Premium Member
The only people I saw wearing a mask at a table were the ones doing it voluntarily, and that was only a handful.

There is no mask mandate in my city, but most businesses still have mask-required signs at the entrance. Only about 50% of customers wear them and 25% of the other 50% wear them as chin bras.

I think WDW is going to have a very hard time getting people to comply this Summer. It's easy when there are just a few rebels, but when you have a high percentage of people not complying it's time to give up.

I've always said the mask-wearing will end when people say enough is enough.
I don’t agree with people who go to WDW and don’t follow the rules, although I saw plenty of that happening. I followed the rules but answered a survey telling Disney exactly how I felt about their mask requirements and that we wouldn’t return under the present conditions. Hopefully it won’t be an issue by the time of our next trip.

correcaminos

In Dallas literally 0.1% of people wear masks outside. I wish it was less!
I'm 100% for not wearing masks outdoors, but what's the point of this? Some people have always worn masks when going through certain treatments like cancer or autoimmune diseases. Some have for allergies. Being judmental is tiresome at this point.

We have indoor mandates and I follow. I have long thought that people will dictate when Disney drops in many ways. Just look at the picture policy. Disney did it because so many were doing it all the time. So many friends even.

I'm far more tolerant wearing masks indoors than out. Though winter I like them for warmth ;)

peter11435

BINGO but this same question could be asked about those who get all spun up on the non mask wearers.
Actually no.

if someone is wearing a mask when there is no need it has no impact on anyone else whatsoever. If someone is not wearing a mask when they should it actually does impact others

I don’t care if you wear you seatbelt or not because it won’t harm me if you don’t. I do care if you’re speeding because that has the potential to harm both of us.

correcaminos

BINGO but this same question could be asked about those who get all spun up on the non mask wearers.
Depends on the situation tbh. Masks are mandated in many places indoors still. Rules of parks should be followed as well. Otherwise I agree with you. To wear a mask when not needed is different than wearing a mask when the rules or mandates say to.

Well get your vaccine so if you encounter a scary non masker their actions won't be harmful to you!
I hope you understand what vaccines do. Non makers who are not vaccinated are a risk to many indoors. No vaccine is 100% and tbh my kid still is not able to be vaccinated. People being jerks about masks are really not okay either. Lack of care for others is tiresome

tpac24

Depends on the situation tbh. Masks are mandated in many places indoors still. Rules of parks should be followed as well. Otherwise I agree with you. To wear a mask when not needed is different than wearing a mask when the rules or mandates say to.

I hope you understand what vaccines do. Non makers who are not vaccinated are a risk to many indoors. No vaccine is 100% and tbh my kid still is not able to be vaccinated. People being jerks about masks are really not okay either. Lack of care for others is tiresome
I don't disagree with you but I can't wear a mask forever. I am vaccine cautious and not a big fan of needles so getting this was a big deal for me and I will be honest I canceled several times. Not to be jerk but at some point my level of care is out the window in terms of those who choose not be vaccinated . I only got this vaccine because of others because for some reason getting coivd has never really scared me so to have continue to live like I am scared of it with mask and social distancing makes it regrettable for me.

correcaminos

I don't disagree with you but I can't wear a mask forever. I am vaccine cautious and not a big fan of needles so getting this was a big deal for me and I will be honest I canceled several times. Not to be jerk but at some point my level of care is out the window in terms of those who choose not be vaccinated . I only got this vaccine because of others because for some reason getting coivd has never really scared me so to have continue to live like I am scared of it with mask and social distancing makes it regrettable for me.
Neither can I. I have keloids on my one ear from cheap sunglasses that cut in (so right where loops go) and tying around my neck doesn't work with spinal issues. They are physically harder to wear for me when gaiters are prohibited. Those who know me, know I tried so hard to be good and wear. My keloid is killing me as I have been in schools and helping tons.

I also get needle fears (horrible traumatic experiences here as a kid literally being strapped down for painful procedures involving needles) and it sends me sky high anxiety. Though I did the trial because I put others before me. I was just all sweaty and my temp shot up a degree as usual lol. So thank you so much for getting vaccinated. I get it.

I'm far more tolerant of masks indoors than out. We do not have an outdoor mask mandate so I just put on when entering. I think we do need to drop outdoors asap. If one worries, mask up. Indoors, I will tolerate for a while longer but come summer (next month) I'll know my patience will be gone. My 13yo will be good for vaccines hopefully next week and little kids hopefully not far after. So my indoors I'm understanding more of due to that.

Something has to give though.

Touchdown

I wonder why Dr Fauci is talking about lessening mask mandates......
59459095-8396-428A-A2B9-7E1C34B1DD35.jpeg
Following the science again folks, he’s talking about it because in a little more than a week if we continue on this path we will be below the first wave (when testing stunk.). I suspect he’s greasing the wheels for another announcement from CDC right before Memorial Day, assuming cases continue to track this well.

To all of you thinking this is some random statement, it’s not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With all the new evidence that the virus is an aerosol (particles drifting in the air without the need for being in a droplet), as well as being in droplets, the fight shouldn't be over getting rid of masks, it should be getting rid of distancing.

The science is that masks significantly reduce risk.

The science is also that distancing has almost no effect indoors with poor ventilation, due to the virus being aerosolized.

WHO always had a one meter distancing rule (3.3 feet) rather than six feet.

What's most important for indoors is:
  • reduce time indoors
  • wear masks
  • have appropriate ventilation that is exhausting indoor air, injecting fresh air, and ideally have a high-grade filter

From the WHO website:

How does COVID-19 spread between people?
We know that the disease is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which spreads between people in several different ways.​
The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe. These particles range from larger respiratory droplets to smaller aerosols.​
  • Current evidence suggests that the virus spreads mainly between people who are in close contact with each other, typically within 1 metre (short-range). A person can be infected when aerosols or droplets containing the virus are inhaled or come directly into contact with the eyes, nose, or mouth.
  • The virus can also spread in poorly ventilated and/or crowded indoor settings, where people tend to spend longer periods of time. This is because aerosols remain suspended in the air or travel farther than 1 metre (long-range).
People may also become infected by touching surfaces that have been contaminated by the virus when touching their eyes, nose or mouth without cleaning their hands.​

We can expect the CDC to reduce their recommendation to one meter soon.

Attachments

• 1620663192080.png
    1620663192080.png
    251.8 KB · Views: 35

legwand77

With all the new evidence that the virus is an aerosol (particles drifting in the air without the need for being in a droplet), as well as being in droplets, the fight shouldn't be over getting rid of masks, it should be getting rid of distancing.

The science is that masks significantly reduce risk.

The science is also that distancing has almost no effect indoors with poor ventilation, due to the virus being aerosolized.

WHO always had a one meter distancing rule (3.3 feet) rather than six feet.

What's most important for indoors is:
  • reduce time indoors
  • wear masks
  • have appropriate ventilation that is exhausting indoor air, injecting fresh air, and ideally have a high-grade filter

From the WHO website:

How does COVID-19 spread between people?
We know that the disease is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which spreads between people in several different ways.​
The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe. These particles range from larger respiratory droplets to smaller aerosols.​
  • Current evidence suggests that the virus spreads mainly between people who are in close contact with each other, typically within 1 metre (short-range). A person can be infected when aerosols or droplets containing the virus are inhaled or come directly into contact with the eyes, nose, or mouth.
  • The virus can also spread in poorly ventilated and/or crowded indoor settings, where people tend to spend longer periods of time. This is because aerosols remain suspended in the air or travel farther than 1 metre (long-range).
People may also become infected by touching surfaces that have been contaminated by the virus when touching their eyes, nose or mouth without cleaning their hands.​

We can expect the CDC to reduce their recommendation to one meter soon.
the plexi should be removed as well.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I wonder why Dr Fauci is talking about lessening mask mandates......
View attachment 556131Following the science again folks, he’s talking about it because in a little more than a week if we continue on this path we will be below the first wave (when testing stunk.). I suspect he’s greasing the wheels for another announcement from CDC right before Memorial Day, assuming cases continue to track this well.

To all of you thinking this is some random statement, it’s not.
As the path go way down into ground by summer, then less cases, no problems for now....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom