News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

A part of me wishes the mask mandate would last until June 6th (my trip is June 1-5) for crowd purposes, plus I got us all matching masks.

but another part of me would love to be able to breathe in the heat and just put our matching masks on for photos.
Outdoor masks can be gone by tomorrow for all I care, but would love by Memorial Day (our trip is after). I don't care if the extra masks I bought go to waste or not ;)

SoFloMagic

I think the big question is that the CDC guidelines only are for vaccinated individuals. Well, then everyone 2-15 needs to wear a mask at Disney... But they won't do that... Sounds like this may take a few weeks to sort out the deets. I think they're straddle this by maintaining indoor masks and saying "cdc shows outside is low risk"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don’t think there will be a rush on the place JUST because the masks are dropped.

don’t get me wrong...that will move the bar...but let’s not forget:

1. they’re still restricting park accsss
2. They’re still charging retail...which has been inflated by design for over a decade.
3. They aren’t selling passes...an insult to their most loyal consistent customers
4. Still don’t have the hotels open...about 60% now or so...
5. Still haven’t opened the majority of restaurants
6. Still haven’t added back the high profile daily stuff

I loved it because attendance was light...I’m not a parade or firework nut...nothing major to draw for rides...and I’m used to the sticker prices...

but I’m not that “normal”

Yeah, a Disney trip costs a lot of money, I want things to be a lot more normal before I think of going back. Not to mention I am waiting for the 50th celebration to start.

ToTBellHop

I think the big question is that the CDC guidelines only are for vaccinated individuals. Well, then everyone 2-15 needs to wear a mask at Disney... But they won't do that... Sounds like this may take a few weeks to sort out the deets. I think they're straddle this by maintaining indoor masks and saying "cdc shows outside is low risk"
See, that’s why they are only going to 3 feet at “select locations” (i.e. queues where you will wear a mask). They will still require distancing while walking about. That, in theory, is not a crowded situation. Even the CDC agrees such a situation is in their “safest” category.

Jlwise2021

I just don’t see this as too complicated. Disney should drop the mask mandate outside for EVERYONE, and they can “encourage” it for unvaccinated. Many professionals in the field have already stated how very LOW the risk of spread is outdoors. Then, Disney can hold on to the indoor mask requirements for a bit longer. It’s time for masks to be a choice especially outside. My two kids, 8 and 11, won’t be vaccinated, but my mom and I are fully vaccinated. I feel plenty comfortable with them being unmasked outside even around those who may not be vaccinated and unmasked. ☺️

CosmicRays

Just make Epcot their maskless park and boom you got easy crowd control- im sure the heavy drinkers and masess overlap somehow 🤠

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I just don’t see this as too complicated. Disney should drop the mask mandate outside for EVERYONE, and they can “encourage” it for unvaccinated. Many professionals in the field have already stated how very LOW the risk of spread is outdoors. Then, Disney can hold on to the indoor mask requirements for a bit longer. It’s time for masks to be a choice especially outside. My two kids, 8 and 11, won’t be vaccinated, but my mom and I are fully vaccinated. I feel plenty comfortable with them being unmasked outside even around those who may not be vaccinated and unmasked. ☺️
Anyone else a little surprised it took the cdc a whole year to figure out the risk outdoors is low and masks are basically not needed there? 🤷🏼‍♂️
Either way I just can’t wait for normalcy again at Disney

buckeyegator

I’d prefer a hybrid. Checks and balances are good for safety, consistency, and ensuring all areas of a huge resort are on the same page, but Disney has too many levels.

You‘d be shocked at the process to get a lightbulb changed. It doesn’t stay burnt out because no one cares. It’s the convoluted process to get it changed out.
how many castmembers does it take to change a light bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom