News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

twebber55

100%. On this one though, I doubt there will be any politically pressure to reverse course. Temp screenings should go the way of the dodo.

By July, I would be pretty shocked if mandatory masking was still a thing.
i agree although i see a sunbelt bump in cases not like last summer but still a rise in cases

tpac24

I will be honest I am going to miss the temperature check . It kind of helped with establishing a sense of order. I hate all the bottle necking and line chaos that goes on in WDW even before covid. I am fan of nice straight orderly lines. Haunted Mansion pre covid brought out the worst in me :) !!

GimpYancIent

I will be honest I am going to miss the temperature check . It kind of helped with establishing a sense of order. I hate all the bottle necking and line chaos that goes on in WDW even before covid. I am fan of nice straight orderly lines. Haunted Mansion pre covid brought out the worst in me :) !!
Temp checks a good idea that did not produce results, now, the plexiglass dividers in the various ques do stop line jumping (a major pre-COVID irritation).

nicb88

100%. On this one though, I doubt there will be any politically pressure to reverse course. Temp screenings should go the way of the dodo.

By July, I would be pretty shocked if mandatory masking was still a thing.
Given the Boo Bash T&C spiel mentions masks will be mandatory, do you think they will actually keep them compulsory until the end of October?

jaklgreen

I wouldn't call myself an introvert but I personally never really liked when characters came over to the table 😂

I last did Chef Mickey last August (during Covid = no Mickey whatsoever) and it's the most I've ever enjoyed breakfast at Disney World (actually, second to Be Our Guest). Great food, pleasant staff. Now I don't dislike Mickey, I just don't love having to interact with strangers while I eat?
I am the same way and don't really like the characters coming by when I am eating. I would like to see a non character option for dining at Tusker House. They have small side rooms that they can put those who don't want character interactions in. Have a non character, cheaper option and I would eat there more.

sullyinMT

Given the Boo Bash T&C spiel mentions masks will be mandatory, do you think they will actually keep them compulsory until the end of October?
All of the recent promo footage for the Wish has had a mask disclaimer, as well. On that disclaimer it says they may be required for the Wish, but will be required on future DCL sailings. They (DCL/Disney) know that the mandate is going to stay in the near term, but for how long they can't commit. As August isn't that far away (start of Boo Bash), I'd expect at least the first few events to have mask requirements. The language on a website or in the parks is always subject to change, based on current conditions.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
No problem.

I am going to try and extricate myself from the convo as well. It doesn’t do me any good to argue it here. I have school boards and camp directors to talk to. Internet strangers are low on my list of people that matter in this particular conversation.
Yes I think mask arguments are way past their prime, we've seen/hear it all before. Think it is best to let it go and lets get back to talking about Disney here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom