News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Actually? DW & I PLANNED for this, for our NOV 2021 trip. We refer to it as "Defensive Booking"...
1) Our plane tickets amount to a $199 loss, based on cascading refunds from 2020.
2) DVC.... we can cancel 31 days ahead, and bank or rent. No loss.
3) WDW hasn't allowed us to reserve a restaurant anyway :).
4) No XMAS Party.
5) No REAL Magical Express.
6) Already booked for APR 2022 :).

That's one great 50th, isn't it? 😅.

TOTALLY willing to bail, if we have to mask, fully vaccinated. We'll be back when everyone gets their head straight.
Our trigger gets pulled OCT 7, if the value proposition is not there.

boufa

Why not?
Edit: genuinely curious, not mocking
I am not who you asked, but I agree with them...

Masks and mandates the first time... we had no cure, we were all victims, we were all possibly going to get it, or give it.

Mask requirements this time... we are all responsible for those who chose to not vaccinate. I was responsible, I did the right thing, I chose to vaccinate... and now the anti-vaxers are getting sick by the tens of thousands every day nationwide, and dying by the thousands every day... and they are mostly STILL not choosing to vaccinate. Why should I change my life in order to accommodate those who willingly and consciously chose not to protect themselves? Self-responsibility has to kick in at some point... or they will get sick and then we will be 1 more person closer to herd immunity. (hopefully, they live without major consequences, but it was all based on their own actions, and their own choices)

(yes, there are minor exceptions, but those exceptions are statistically irrelevant to the bigger conversation). Yes, there is some noise about vaccinated people catching and spreading, blah, blah, but it would be a moot point if more people were vaccinated.

ToTBellHop

I hope so. I have no issue putting one on in stores or waiting to be seated at a restaurant or truly indoor queues. But standing in line for slinky with a mask on is terrible.
Exactly. Think air-conditioned buildings, which I personally have no qualms over. When they first dropped the outdoor mandate, they were worried people would get confused so they went with simplicity. Now we are entering a reality where people will need to just pay attention to signage to tell them when to mask up, so more nuance is possible.

disneygeek90

Masks and mandates the first time... we had no cure, we were all victims, we were all possibly going to get it, or give it.

Mask requirements this time... we are all responsible for those who chose to not vaccinate. I was responsible, I did the right thing, I chose to vaccinate... and now the anti-vaxers are getting sick by the tens of thousands every day nationwide, and dying by the thousands every day... and they are mostly STILL not choosing to vaccinate. Why should I change my life in order to accommodate those who willingly and consciously chose not to protect themselves? Self-responsibility has to kick in at some point... or they will get sick and then we will be 1 more person closer to herd immunity. (hopefully, they live without major consequences, but it was all based on their own actions, and their own choices)

(yes, there are minor exceptions, but those exceptions are statistically irrelevant to the bigger conversation). Yes, there is some noise about vaccinated people catching and spreading, blah, blah, but it would be a moot point if more people were vaccinated.
If you don't want to do it for the anti-vaxers, do it for the doctors that are getting slammed with patients unnecessarily and have no choice but to accept them all and treat them as best they can. I don't envy the hospitals right now in the slightest.

I know it seems unfair and it kind of is. But it's no different than getting punished in elementary school because a few kids goofed off in class so you lose your recess. Life isn't fair, it's never been fair, and this is another reminder. There's a lot worse things in life these days than wearing a mask in AC at a theme park.

ElvisMickey

I appreciate it, boufa 😄!

SoFloMagic

I agree.
But the unvaccinated are also taxing out heathcare systems and potentially allowing more mutations. So it's in all of our best interests to see spread slowed. And the way to do that is masks. And since the Gov won't let Disney treat people differently based on Vax status...

But yeah, it's not fair that those of us who did everything we were supposed to continue to have to do this.

Gran Fiesta

Exactly. Think air-conditioned buildings, which I personally have no qualms over. When they first dropped the outdoor mandate, they were worried people would get confused so they went with simplicity. Now we are entering a reality where people will need to just pay attention to signage to tell them when to mask up, so more nuance is possible.
So do you think this will include outdoor attractions? Or attractions in general?

ToTBellHop

So do you think this will include outdoor attractions? Or attractions in general?
They are determining that. I wouldn’t expect Carpets, for example. Jungle Cruise? I don’t know. It’s outdoors but you aren’t distanced at all. This is why they have not immediately responded, but it’s in the works. Some things are straightforward. Space Mountain as you enter the building, for example.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I agree.
But the unvaccinated are also taxing out heathcare systems and potentially allowing more mutations. So it's in all of our best interests to see spread slowed. And the way to do that is masks. And since the Gov won't let Disney treat people differently based on Vax status...

But yeah, it's not fair that those of us who did everything we were supposed to continue to have to do this.
Bring on the vaccine passports. If you needed to be vaxxed to do certain things, more people would be vaxxed and we would have less of an issue on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom