News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
he believes the new CDC guidance will have "negligible impact" on Covid
I have been saying the same thing. At this point in the spread, without also including a combination of other types of mitigation, eh, not much help. Wow I am a genius and amaze myself!

Ayla

I really hate that Disney switched last year from their initial mask fabrication (two layers of cotton under an outer polyester one) to their current all-polyester design. I haven't checked the current guidance, but last year, cotton was the recommended fabric for cloth masks. Thankfully, I bought some of the old-style masks just before they were phased out.
I have one of each type and the polyester one is awful. I won't wear it.

Trauma

FWIW, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former commissioner of the FDA, who is generally seen as a respected and reasonable voice, not a political hack, says that he believes the new CDC guidance will have "negligible impact" on Covid and that he also thinks we are 2-3 weeks away from being past the Delta wave.

Not surprising.

ElvisMickey

FWIW, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former commissioner of the FDA, who is generally seen as a respected and reasonable voice, not a political hack, says that he believes the new CDC guidance will have "negligible impact" on Covid and that he also thinks we are 2-3 weeks away from being past the Delta wave.

Off topic, but love CNBC. It keeps me company all day while I’m working from home.

danv3

The experience of the UK and India (plus our relatively high existing immunity from the first several waves) does suggest that we're just a few weeks away from the peak.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
We are forgetting about something…fireworks. Outdoors people are crammed together. Are they going to make people wear masks outside for that or stop fireworks again? Either could cause ALOT of cancelled vacations and lost revenue

I think they will say they “strongly recommend” everyone wears masks indoors again and nothing else. It’s going to be interesting to watch.

It’s safety perception vs revenue…who ya got?

ElvisMickey

We are forgetting about something…fireworks. Outdoors people are crammed together. Are they going to make people wear masks outside for that or stop fireworks again? Either could cause ALOT of cancelled vacations and lost revenue

I think they will say they “strongly recommend” everyone wears masks indoors again and nothing else. It’s going to be interesting to watch.

I honestly don’t think that they’re going to change anything. I think the push back that they got during the original mandate was enough to not even go there anymore unless they get their arm twisted. And at this point, no major corporations have brought back any mandates. Disney needs to make money. The number of people there still today, without masks, says it all. People are done and the CDC can’t flip flop anymore than they have already.

Last edited:

pdude81

I honestly don’t think that they’re going to change anything.

I think you will find otherwise.

LimitedSpottedDungenesscrab-max-1mb.gif

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

I wouldn't think so, I just attended 3 outdoor concerts that were sold out with12K to 20K each night packed in. There haven't been and CDC updates on outdoor gatherings as far as I know, so my bet is they will continue with the fireworks.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Well I guess it helps when you have insider info, but unless you do and you’re just guessing, it will be interesting to see.
If Disney goes backwards on facemask policy it’s PR safety optics that will reduce park guests and increase vacation cancellations.

I would not want to be the ones making this decision because it’s not good either way they go which is why I think it would be best to remain as is and let folks make their own determination on how best to stay safe

ElvisMickey

If Disney goes backwards on facemask policy it’s PR safety optics that will reduce park guests and increase vacation cancellations.

I would not want to be the ones making this decision because it’s not good either way they go which is why I think it would be best to remain as is and let folks make their own determination on how best to stay safe
100%! There will be far more people upset than those who are happy. Let’s not forget, Disney is a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom