News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Glimpses

Wasn’t mayor Demmings request made over a week ago? You would think of Disney was going to require masks again they would have announced it by now. Why wait weeks later?
If the CDC makes a new recommendation on vaccinated people wearing masks in public spaces where unvaccinated people are present, then Disney will follow suit.

Tony the Tigger

Let’s make this crystal clear: if vaccines aren’t enough, masks aren’t going to help you.
Yet they did before vaccines, so this is yet another false statement.
if you have one your chances of getting the disease are significantly reduced, and your chances of having a bad outcome (hospitalization/death) are so rare it does not warrant any extra protection.
False.
There's more to life than... death?

It seems to me that if your choices are (a) play roulette with your health or (b) make the absolute minimum of effort by putting a small piece of cloth over your nose & mouth while in crowds, one of those things is far more preferable, and it's bizarre to me that some people here are so terrified and angered by it.
Bingo!

Disney Glimpses

Incorrect. It could have been worse.
Dude, no it could not have been worse. We have had more death than any state in the country; including those with no mask mandates. Including your state. Don't sit here and tell me it could have been worse when we had it the worst and we were the ones wearing the masks. ALL OF US.

No one seems to give a crap to the fact that literally every state with mask mandates lead the country in cases, deaths. Completely blissfully ignorant of it. But yeah, they were a huge help. To the point we're actually debating them while we have a vaccine. Such a joke.

Otterhead

The virus ravaged right through our mask mandates as if they weren't even there.
I get it, you believe facemasks do absolutely nothing and, as you say, you don't trust any studies, data, or science on it because people were dying while there was a mask mandate. You've made that clear.

Here's the thing: nobody's saying that masks prevent Covid. Some people wear crappy masks, or take them off, or wear them with their nose sticking out (which makes the mask worthless). Or they hang out with friends indoors without masks, then find out one person's covid-positive, and there's infections. There's tons of variables here.

But study after study, ever since the Spanish Flu (where mask mandates saved millions of lives), show that they HELP. They absolutely help prevent the spread of a deadly disease. I know you reject science and studies, so you aren't gonna listen to these actual facts, but that's your choice.

Otterhead

No one seems to give a crap to the fact that literally every state with mask mandates lead the country in cases, deaths. Completely blissfully ignorant of it.
The states with mask mandates were also the most populous. Thus: more people, thus, more deaths.

Unless your theory is that masks cause Covid? Because otherwise I have no idea what you're getting at.

Otterhead

a lot of people think this. a lot.
masks are extremely effective at preventing diseases from being transmitted, if everyone wears them. Even lousy masks help.

But people are people. They wear them wrong, they take them off to drink coffee, they take them off to have a phone call, they take them off to cough and sneeze, even. Masks aren't a perfect or ideal solution. But they help, a lot. I'm not sure why anybody from any political standpoint would be opposed to something that helps.

Disney Glimpses

masks are extremely effective at preventing diseases from being transmitted, if everyone wears them. Even lousy masks help.

But people are people. They wear them wrong, they take them off to drink coffee, they take them off to have a phone call, they take them off to cough and sneeze, even. Masks aren't a perfect or ideal solution. But they help, a lot. I'm not sure why anybody from any political standpoint would be opposed to something that helps.
This would be a good argument about a year ago. Regardless of what you believe, vaccines are exponentially more effective at saving lives. The return of masks would be a step backwards.

Florida shut down their Covid number reporting, and was found to be falsifying the data, so please don't post lies here.
Haha, there's always some unprovable response when proven wrong.

"Florida is lying"
"It would have been worse"

Disney Glimpses

The CDC estimates that ~40% of NJ residents were infected with COVID so far. Every single person wore a mask in a public setting. "extremely effective"

They are minimally effective at best. Even the studies that support masking note that. They are a piece of the mitigation puzzle.

Trauma

Could you imagine if this country had to fight WWII again? From what I have seen since March 2020, I am not sure we would be able to do it.

Masks should be the minimum thing that we do until the numbers are low , not coming back up and when a good antiviral is available (molnupiravir?). The anit-viral will work for the anti-vax crowd.
The level of nastiness that I want to respond with to this comment is immeasurable.

As someone who has served I find this comment utterly insulting.

I don’t wear a mask in public and I’m vaccinated.

So freaking what.

I am still prepared at any time to defend this country.

Something many here could never do, once they realize they had more than a .02 percent chance of death.

Is that a low blow?

Yup.

Well deserved for such a stupid comment.

KrzyKtty

The level of nastiness that I want to respond with to this comment is immeasurable.

As someone who has served I find this comment utterly insulting.

I don’t wear a mask in public and I’m vaccinated.

So freaking what.

I am still prepared at any time to defend this country.

Something many here could never do, once they realize they had more than a .02 percent chance of death.

Is that a low blow?

Yup.

Well deserved for such a stupid comment.
I might be wrong here, and I completely get as somebody who served your insult to the comment. What I think they meant though wasn't so much fighting as in the soldiers, but the support back home. I have no doubt that our soldiers would go above and beyond in any situation, but especially in another world war situation. However, I can understand after everything that has happened, people losing faith in the communities back home being willing to make large sacrifices to support the troops and more effort appropriately. I read it as they were talking about the concept of rations and manufacturing sacrifices. Going without a car so that the factory could produce tanks. That sort of thing.

Either way, considering how most people did still come together during the pandemic, and 9/11, and other things are the like over the last few decades, I would like to have faith that we would put aside our differences and come together to support the troops appropriately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom