News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJR

If you're in a line passing the CM with a stick of the wait time following the same person to get to the attraction I think you're in a queue.

And for added clarification, that CM will probably tell you to mask up. So there shouldn't be any confusion.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
A5E24FB3-E7B4-4D46-8944-36B352E1E2EA.jpeg

Walt Disney1955

Well, this is progress, and I must admit I am pleased with how fast things are progressing with the masks. This is probably Disney (as well as Universal's) way of gently phasing them out completely. They want to at least make it seem like it is gradual though. But when Cedar Fair took the masks off, Dollywood and Universal, you knew Disney was next. I honestly don't think Disney wants the masks at all, but they have to at least make it look like they don't mind it. Because the masks take away what has always been a clear advantage over every other park in the world, and that is customer service and overall experience. As for "socially distancing" down to 3 feet, I mean, that's normal. When are you ever closer than three feet to another person, even in a line? Sounds like our happy place is getting back to its roots.

Now, if we can just figure out this sticky Canada/US border thing, then we're good, and definitely Florida bound in the fall.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Australia have pretty much the toughest border controls yet have one of the highest rates of the Indian variant currently.
The Indian variant is starting to really take off in the UK despite everything - as of this morning it’s not found to be any more - or less - deadly than previous variants. Just more transmissible. Also so far current vaccines appear to have the desired effect with it. Another reason to get the jab.

nickys

Premium Member
The Indian variant is starting to really take off in the UK despite everything - as of this morning it’s not found to be any more - or less - deadly than previous variants. Just more transmissible. Also so far current vaccines appear to have the desired effect with it. Another reason to get the jab.
Yep. The variant is spreading fast in the age groups not yet eligible for the vaccine. I think the take up rate in the U.K. in all eligible age groups is very high, which is going to help stop deaths and serious cases, thankfully.

iowamomof4

I wonder if the new policy might change people's behavior wrt getting in long lines for rides? If it's super hot, I'd probably have to think pretty hard about getting in a 45-minute line if it means putting a mask on. It'll be interesting to see if wait times change at all.

Lilofan

Australia have pretty much the toughest border controls yet have one of the highest rates of the Indian variant currently.
Slim as it sounds some items may be contaminated and people may touch them, touch their bodies and spread to others. ( ie mail, imported products ). Australia is also a melting pot of Asian, East Indian , etc communities. Good rule of thought is wash your hands constantly , disinfect and don't touch your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom