News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jlwise2021

I do find it sloppy of Universal to make it immediate without proper notice to those visiting in the coming week(s), especially those that felt safe traveling under the support of mask policies. (i.e. those with children/unvaccinated individuals)
That’s how all changes with this pandemic have happened— and that’s how it has to be. Giving a two-week lead in to a mandate being dropped would cause those two-weeks before it was implemented to be chaos! The science is behind this decision.

And it’s very similar to how quickly guidance was put into place for the pandemic; once we know otherwise regarding procedures, changes will be made.

Nickp1983

“Near non-existent”.

Wonder what Disney’s safety goals are? “Near no one gets hurt?”
Give me a break. If we are going to go with your logic, let's close down the rides because there's a small tiny chance of someone getting hurt.

The workers have a better shot getting into a car accident on their way to work, then contracting Covid outside at the park.

They can also probably still wear a mask if they want as well.

Also, Universals policy matches the same policy they have in place at Volcano Bay. Disney has zero issue with no masks at Blizard Beach. The fact people seem to take issue with a 2 year old being outside in 90 degree weather at Disney without a mask... is pretty disturbing.

GaBoy

I do find it sloppy of Universal to make it immediate without proper notice to those visiting in the coming week(s), especially those that felt safe traveling under the support of mask policies. (i.e. those with children/unvaccinated individuals)
I would not expect anyone to get eased into any of this. They have been waiting on this like a loaded spring.💰

Lil Copter Cap

I would not expect anyone to get eased into any of this. They have been waiting on this like a loaded spring.💰
I don't disagree with the "flip of a switch" sentiment, but a vacation destination is quite different than a trip to your local grocery store (example chosen as national chains begin to announce their changes today).

There is money to be made, sure. I expected this change after children vaccination eligibility became widespread. But alas, when you live through a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic...expectations mean nothing. We're all just floating through space on a rock.

JusticeDisney

Legal issues could arise if officials tried to make use of a vaccine passport system mandatory.
as the vaccines themselves can not be made mandatory, the passport system itself can not be made mandatory either:

“I think it would be a big problem if it were mandatory, because you can’t make the vaccine mandatory. You can exclude people for not being vaccinated, but you can’t force them to take the vaccine. So if you were to require or mandate the app or the program, I think you might run into some legal problems.”
Any private company can make a vaccine mandatory if they so choose and it is 100% legal to do so. I’m not weighing in on whether companies should or should not do so, I’m just pointing out that they have the absolute right to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom