News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
So far the leading scientists and epidemiologists all believe that the sun does nothing to covid. It would be great if it does but seeing how the transmission and death rates last year worldwide during the summer didn’t go down dramatically I won‘t hold my breath.
Did you look who the authors of that paper were? I don't think they were a bunch of nobodies. They are the leaders of the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center at Ft. Detrick in Maryland.

Archie123

Did you look who the authors of that paper were? I don't think they were a bunch of nobodies. They are the leaders of the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center at Ft. Detrick in Maryland.

I did see that and I didn’t say they were nobodies. I have no idea what the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center at Ft. Detrick in Maryland is and I am pretty sure no one else on here does either but what I do know what works is getting everyone immunized. So far the sun alone hasn’t really done much to help humanity with Covid.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I did see that and I didn’t say they were nobodies. I have no idea what the National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center at Ft. Detrick in Maryland is and I am pretty sure no one else on here does either but what I do know what works is getting everyone immunized. So far the sun alone hasn’t really done much to help humanity with Covid.
Ft. Detrick is USARMRIID or the US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases.

bdearl41

Maybe that’s because COVID is primarily transmitted indoors.
When it was blazing hot in Texas Florida and Arizona everyone was inside last summer. Hence spread. More moderate climates had less spikes...outside of densely populated area. It spreads inside.

Archie123

When it was blazing hot in Texas Florida and Arizona everyone was inside last summer. Hence spread. More moderate climates had less spikes...outside of densely populated area. It spreads inside.

People were most definitely not inside in Florida last summer. The beaches were crowded and many people were outside walking around. By the way, when did Disney reopen last year? ;)

Chomama

People were most definitely not inside in Florida last summer. The beaches were crowded and many people were outside walking around. By the way, when did Disney reopen last year? ;)
It will be really interesting to read the studies in years to come. We had a huge spike during the best time to be outside. No one really knows why. There is a ton of speculation - people hurting fatigued, school, etc but seasonality may play a huge role. It’s so confusing. That’s why our family policy has been “better safe than sorry”. 14 months in and no Covid - 4 kids in school since august. We have strict rules and so does school. Who knows if those mitigation’s protected us or plain luck. I truly have no idea but I don’t regret living how we have to protect ourselves and our kids’ grandparents. All
Of them made it thru this alive - more than I can say for about 10% of my friends parents

Archie123

It will be really interesting to read the studies in years to come. We had a huge spike during the best time to be outside. No one really knows why. There is a ton of speculation - people hurting fatigued, school, etc but seasonality may play a huge role. It’s so confusing. That’s why our family policy has been “better safe than sorry”. 14 months in and no Covid - 4 kids in school since august. We have strict rules and so does school. Who knows if those mitigation’s protected us or plain luck. I truly have no idea but I don’t regret living how we have to protect ourselves and our kids’ grandparents. All
Of them made it thru this alive - more than I can say for about 10% of my friends parents

I would say that believing in the science, having and following your strict rules, and luck all played a part in staying healthy. My family did the same and no one got covid.

BuddyThomas

This is just plane dumb. I’m vaccinated and I still have to wear a mask?
Hmmm....maybe it's not the smartest idea in the world to declare something "dumb" and yet you got your adjective all messed up. A plane is something you fly in to Disney World. "Plain dumb" might be the phrase you were looking for.

As to your comment, just because you are vaccinated, it is still possible for you to carry the virus and be able to infect other people, which is why they still want you to wear the mask. It's not for you. It's for others. How plain dumb is that?

Archie123

Hmmm....maybe it's not the smartest idea in the world to declare something "dumb" and yet you got your adjective all messed up. A plane is something you fly in to Disney World. "Plain dumb" might be the phrase you were looking for.

As to your comment, just because you are vaccinated, it is still possible for you to carry the virus and be able to infect other people, which is why they still want you to wear the mask. It's not for you. It's for others. How plain dumb is that?

Stop complaneing.

Chomama

Honestly the odds of spreading Covid post vaccine seem to be very low. I am for vaccination but I don’t want to spread disinformation. There are reasons to wear a mask after vaccination but spreading Covid is low on the list.

BuddyThomas

Honestly the odds of spreading Covid post vaccine seem to be very low. I am for vaccination but I don’t want to spread disinformation. There are reasons to wear a mask after vaccination but spreading Covid is low on the list.
They do not know this yet.

What We’re Still Learning​

• How effective the vaccines are against variants of the virus that causes COVID-19. Early data show the vaccines may work against some variants but could be less effective against others.
  • How well the vaccines protect people with weakened immune systems, including people who take immunosuppressive medications.
  • How well COVID-19 vaccines keep people from spreading the disease.
    • Early data show that the vaccines may help keep people from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated.

Tom P.

They do not know this yet.

What We’re Still Learning​

• How effective the vaccines are against variants of the virus that causes COVID-19. Early data show the vaccines may work against some variants but could be less effective against others.
  • How well the vaccines protect people with weakened immune systems, including people who take immunosuppressive medications.
  • How well COVID-19 vaccines keep people from spreading the disease.
    • Early data show that the vaccines may help keep people from spreading COVID-19, but we are learning more as more people get vaccinated.
With all due respect, the CDC guidance is full of crap on lots of things. They are being so, so, so overly conservative that it's bordering on ludicrous.

Yes, we do know at this point that vaccinated people do not spread Covid. There have been at least 9 separate, reputable studies that have shown that. For the CDC to say that "we're still learning" about it is disingenuous at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom