News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I still believe you’re going to see Disney require masks for a while. Disney has to be super concerned about the news coverage once they officially stop requiring masks, and so they will wait until it’s a nonstory. It’s not currently a nonstory.
Disney will only worry about it when it becomes a liability for their bottom line. You’ll see how quickly they’ll drop the 6 foot distancing when it becomes an impediment for them to boost capacity. Same will happen for masks.

donsullivan

Premium Member
lol the Mayor claims he had not heard about the order yet? Either he is lying or is completely inept at his job.

Either way if anyone listens to a word he says they are choosing to be dumb.
He is neither.

At the precise time the reporter asked the question, the state had not released the text of the order so it was impossible for him to have seen it, or read it. It was only at the very end of that news conference this afternoon that the governors office finally released the text of the order so local government officials could read it for the first time. Demings expressed great frustration that the governor made the decision and announced this decision in a bubble with no advance communications to the communities in the state that would be impacted by it.

Last edited:

INTOFL

This should be interesting. With more and more people being vaccinated daily, more and more people will feel more comfortable coming back to the parks, making social distancing harder and harder. I really hope that Disney starts mandating proof of vaccination or a negative rapid test before rolling back any more mask mandates.
Agreed!!!

Lilofan

He is neither.

At the precise time the reporter asked the question, the state had not released the text of the order so it was impossible for him to have seen it, or read it. It was only at the very end of that news conference this afternoon that the governors office finally released the text of the order so local government officials could read it for the first time. Demings expressed great frustration that the governor made the decision and announced this decision in a bubble with no advance communications to the communities in the state that would be impacted by it.
An exec makes a company decision and I who report to him is left in the dark. Welcome to my world.

donsullivan

Premium Member
This should be interesting. With more and more people being vaccinated daily, more and more people will feel more comfortable coming back to the parks, making social distancing harder and harder. I really hope that Disney starts mandating proof of vaccination or a negative rapid test before rolling back any more mask mandates.
Unfortunately, the governor of Florida has barred all organizations from requiring proof of vaccination for any reason. That was codified into law effected 7/1/21 earlier today. He will not even let the cruise industry comply with the vaccine verification requirement needed to restart cruising.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
At a restaurant in Orlando and every single person has walked in with a mask on. Guess it’s status quo until the vaccines kick in and we really see a drop for a lot of us.
Like everything else Covid protocol related, all depends on where you live. Went to the beach in the FL panhandle this past weekend and not a mask in sight at the restaurants we went to, nor were the staff wearing them. Felt so 2019.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

At a restaurant in Orlando and every single person has walked in with a mask on. Guess it’s status quo until the vaccines kick in and we really see a drop for a lot of us.
At first I felt self conscious wearing a mask in public but as more and more people wore them it became normal, now I think I’d feel self conscious not wearing a mask in public but as fewer and fewer people wear them that too will become normal again.

Once the mandates are gone I think most people will quickly lose the masks but I think a significant number will continue to wear them for years, which I’m perfectly fine with as long as it’s not mandatory.

disneygeek90

At first I felt self conscious wearing a mask in public but as more and more people wore them it became normal, now I think I’d feel self conscious not wearing a mask in public but as fewer and fewer people wear them that too will become normal again.

Once the mandates are gone I think most people will quickly lose the masks but I think a significant number will continue to wear them for years, which I’m perfectly fine with as long as it’s not mandatory.
Well I guess technically they’re gone today? But most here locally understand that just because one person says there’s no restrictions doesn’t mean we can’t just hold out a little longer.

TrojanUSC

Unfortunately, the governor of Florida has barred all organizations from requiring proof of vaccination for any reason. That was codified into law effected 7/1/21 earlier today. He will not even let the cruise industry comply with the vaccine verification requirement needed to restart cruising.

Have a feeling the cruise lines are going to win out here. He's very eager to get them going and the CDC rightly won't allow them to operate in any sensible way until they can ensure the majority of people are vaccinated.

Sorcerer Mickey

I still believe you’re going to see Disney require masks for a while. Disney has to be super concerned about the news coverage once they officially stop requiring masks, and so they will wait until it’s a nonstory. It’s not currently a nonstory.

We have a trip planned for next week and if the mask mandate goes away by then, I want the ability to request a full refund. They will need to give a fair warning beforehand so people can plan accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom