News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walt Disney1955

hairdressers are the opposite of essential. Not necessary at all.

They have mortgages to pay don't they? Therefore they are essential. I don't think people get how this world works.

https:///2021/05/orange-county-temp-checks-kc1/

I wonder if this will have an effect on Disney policy or not. It seems directed at theme parks since I don't see how it's a waste of resources at smaller businesses. It's just a plastic device. I have mixed feelings about them especially now that rules are being relaxed but I could see the benefit when they first opened. It may not catch everything but it would catch the severely sick guests. On the other hand, fevers usually correspond with feeling like crap and would keep most people from a hot theme park anyway. I feel like I've been run over by a truck when my temp goes above 101.

In reality they know it is a hindrance on them because it clogs up the lines. It is probably something they would gladly want to get rid of.

ParentsOf4

You do have a very valid point. However, if calling people "just doing their jobs" heroic during a pandemic when the safer choice would be to stay home is what it takes for people to stop treating other people like dirt, I'm all for it.

Snobbery is one of the human behaviors I hate most. Having more money, being smarter, being more athletic, having more talent, etc...these qualities may set some of us apart from others and make us stand out in some way, but they don't make anyone "better" or "more worthy" of anything than another person. We're all unique, and all have ways we can contribute...and there are some in the world who need to be reminded of that.
My grandfather fought in the trenches in World War 1 and was wounded twice.

My father flew in bombers in World War 2 and was blinded.

Their generations did not consider either to be heroes.

Previous generations faced serious challenges every day. Until relatively recently, many worked in abhorrent conditions and risked life and limb 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.

Yes, we all are unique and have ways we can contribute. Yes, everyone should be treated with dignity and respect.

But there was an older generation who stoically did what they needed to do.

The use of the word “hero” has been distorted beyond all recognition in today’s self-absorbed society.

Thank you to all who went above and beyond to get us through this pandemic. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. You should take great pride in what you did.

But you are not a hero. Few truly are.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

My grandfather fought in the trenches in World War 1 and was wounded twice.

My father flew in bombers in World War 2 and was blinded.

Their generations did not consider either to be heroes.

Previous generations faced serious challenges every day. Until relatively recently, many worked in abhorrent conditions and risked life and limb 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.

Yes, we all are unique and have ways we can contribute. Yes, everyone should be treated with dignity and respect.

But there was an older generation who stoically did what they needed to do.

The use of the word “hero” has been distorted beyond all recognition in today’s self-absorbed society.

Thank you to all who went above and beyond to get us through this pandemic. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. You should take great pride in what you did.

But you are not a hero. Few truly are.
Today's self-absorbed society also tends to treat those who work hard at a job they find distasteful as "less-than". It's those people who force the rest of us into extremes in order to get their attention and snap them out of their snobbery and classism.

donsullivan

Premium Member
anyone know a good website to check on vacination in florida numbers,going to HS on the 23rd of may, hoping the 50% threshhold will be met so disney will allow at least outside no masks.
This is the official site for the state that is update daily.

This page describes the phases and requirements for Orange County to adjust the currently effective mask mandate.

Based on local rules and CDC guidelines I expect the temperature screening to be dropped and distancing to be tightened to 3 ft vs 6 ft in the coming weeks.

However, I would expect Disney to trail the county on the mask mandate since the county guidelines are based on residents, and the population of WDW is mostly non-residents so they can’t measure the vaccination rates of those people.

Last edited:

FormerMember

not gonna happen, Disney is slowly increasing park capacity, ride capacity, increasing live entertainment, and reducing social distancing. Masks are not going anywhere until 2022. Plus as someone stated Disney has to negotiate with unions before mask removal.
Why would Disney need to negotiate with unions regarding guests masking?

ImperfectPixie

The unions can ask for basically anything. That doesn't mean they'll get it, but they can ask.

Honestly, if I were a CM, I'd want guests to mask. We've all seen stories of people behaving selfishly whether or not they're sick over the course of the last year, and Disney seem to draw more than it's share of a special brand of selfish people.

Goofy213

I want to flip the switch a little bit. With the news that restrictions are relaxing, my first thought went to what would be returning. So I pose this question. What does everyone think will return first? Meet and Greets, Parades, Stage Shows, or Fireworks? Yes, I know Festival of the Lion King is returning, but what about all the others?

tpac24

I want to flip the switch a little bit. With the news that restrictions are relaxing, my first thought went to what would be returning. So I pose this question. What does everyone think will return first? Meet and Greets, Parades, Stage Shows, or Fireworks? Yes, I know Festival of the Lion King is returning, but what about all the others?
I hope more food options and the normal menus return first.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is the official site for the state that is update daily.

This page describes the phases and requirements for Orange County to adjust the currently effective mask mandate.

Based on local rules and CDC guidelines I expect the temperature screening to be dropped and distancing to be tightened to 3 ft vs 6 ft in the coming weeks.
For keeping this thread on topic, *you're* the *real* hero!!

;)

drew81

Traditional meets? I don’t think those come back till next year.

tpac24

From Aug 2020 but it just shows you were things are about to head again with relaxed mask restrictions versus completely removing them. If they relax them then you'll have people like this little gem flipping out over their "interpretation" of the rules.
https://abc7.com/disney-world-mask-orlando-florida/6392176/

Yup. Special kind of selfish AND special kind of stupid.
One of the hundred thousands of guest who have visited over the past year ! I think Disney could and should do away with mask outdoors especially with all the new and good studies proving it isn't necessary even in crowds without this being the norm . Again with all the we must follow science until we don't nonsense!

donsullivan

Premium Member
One of the hundred thousands of guest who have visited over the past year ! I think Disney could and should do away with mask outdoors especially with all the new and good studies proving it isn't necessary even in crowds without this being the norm . Again with all the we must follow science until we don't nonsense!
Disney also has to comply with local government regulation (see my post above) which does not currently allow them to remove the mask mandate.

correcaminos

They did to open. I have not heard that they did when they dropped the mask mandate for picture taking though. As CMs get vaccinated the union will have less power too I think over that.

To be true if I were a CM working outside, I'd want the masks gone. I know a few who do because it really sucks.

From Aug 2020 but it just shows you were things are about to head again with relaxed mask restrictions versus completely removing them. If they relax them then you'll have people like this little gem flipping out over their "interpretation" of the rules.
https://abc7.com/disney-world-mask-orlando-florida/6392176/
Not sure I follow what this has to do with relaxing rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom