News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCamel

I think we're going to see more and more businesses relaxing their rules as vaccinations increase and mitigation measures have less effect. WDW's current change is a very small one, but it's definitely a prelude to more significant changes in the near future.
As soon as the insurer's and lawyers say they can. They don't want masks any more than we do but err on the side of safety and not gamble with your reputation.

Chi84

Premium Member
As soon as the insurer's and lawyers say they can. They don't want masks any more than we do but err on the side of safety and not gamble with your reputation.
You’re assuming quite a bit about liability, but discussions about the law seldom go well here. The cast members’ union will surely be a factor.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
when this is all over I think we will all be happy to not wear masks again, to be able to see our families and not be in fear, to take down all these plexiglass barriers, to attend sporting events and concerts and no longer have to social distance and get everything back to normal.

but most of all, it would mean no more thread after thread after interminable thread of people arguing back and forth about masks.

:)

Yes, then we can go back to arguing about important things like printed napkins and pool hopping.

spock8113

Liability with things such as this are very difficult to prove. Just like if Disney relaxes the mask rule and people spread the virus far and wide, even with contact tracing, you can’t really pinpoint such a dispersed population. This happened at Mardi Gras, rallies, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Channukah, Sturgis, Daytona Week and Spring Break. You know people have it but they return home to friends, families and neighborhoods spread across the entire country, or more.

Disney can’t relax because that is what happened to California. In fact the only thing still left closed was Disneyland. California has the highest number of cases And the highest number of deaths. Not only are there more contagious and constantly mutating strains out there, it is because people are just tired of it all and not using masks or social distancing is what keeps this at bay. Then throw in the people who won’t get the vaccine and could be carrying the virus around to their family and friends who have not been vaccinated.

And if you think masks don’t work, just look at this year’s flu season or serious lack thereof. Masks and washing hands frequently basically stopped the flu in it’s tracks.

The flu shot is whole other beehive of discussion.

There are court cases on vaccines such as the 2011 Supreme Court ruling on the DPT shot: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/supreme-court-rejects-vaccine-lawsuit/

Then there’s the required meningitis shots for college kids or the required vaccines for kindergarteners. You’re required to wear a seatbelt in your car and you’re required to have a driver’s license and you’re required to get a social security number and you’re required to pay your taxes. This is all for the greater good of us as a people.

And don’t forget the 1905 ruling in Jacobson v. Massachussetts:
https://constitutioncenter.org/blog...eme-court-rules-on-vaccines-and-public-health

And then there are cases like these where private business can/cannot decide who they wish as customers: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/su...gainst-bakers-who-refused-cake-for-gay-couple

As far as 4th wave, it is too soon to see where this is headed with the new, more contagious strains. But look at the 1918 pandemic and that was a bit different because the soldiers from WW1 were spreading it and it seems to have originated here, they think. Look at the 3rd wave in 1918 that came after the 2nd major wave. Our 4th wave may actually be the 1918 3rd wave. Look at the time spans, it’s a bit freaky: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-commemoration/three-waves.htm
If this so called 4th wave arrives and we're lucky enough to follow 1918 and get everyone vaccinated, there is a light at the end of the tunnel that is not an oncoming freight train!

RSoxNo1

My father still has an inventory of the old napkins that he busts out for special occasions. That and a shoebox of crushed red pepper he stole from Disney for some reason.

Ken R

If you see a business that states No Mask No Service , you will be denied entry or required to leave. Facts of life.
What does that have to do with anything I wrote? I adhere to any businesses policy. I just disagree with continued mask mandates, especially government ones. In fact, I wish it was just private business deciding for themselves what rules to implement and not the state governments.

JD2000

And if you think masks don’t work, just look at this year’s flu season or serious lack thereof. Masks and washing hands frequently basically stopped the flu in it’s tracks.

I need to word this correctly; as this does not go along with the narrative and moderators could decide to remove it. But that may not be the case. For instance; there is research that new viruses can take over and dominate others. Also, we can not ignore everything we previously knew about mask effectiveness against influenza.

Lilofan

What does that have to do with anything I wrote? I adhere to any businesses policy. I just disagree with continued mask mandates, especially government ones. In fact, I wish it was just private business deciding for themselves what rules to implement and not the state governments.
There is a health and human services aspect of state govt that cares about its residents. That's good you adhere to policy. That is less Karens out there making a fool out of themselves.

Lynne Moore

I agree with that, let's keep social distancing to a point. 6 feet might be excessive, but 3 feet is reasonable. It would always help guests with certain disabilities as well.
Even 3 feet away will make lines extremely long. We can’t always be 3 feet away. A lot of people , even when we could stand very close to one another wouldn’t pay attention to the moving line. I can’t imagine that happening 3 or 6 feet away. Just my opinion. I would appreciate everything getting back to the way it used to be.

SirLink

You forgot to mention the unique napkin drink coasters at the bars and lounges... Or when Disney took the backs of chairs off at Pecos Bills to discourage loitering.

G00fyDad

Fix'ns bar....... Rip cheese, soft drink refills, two ply TP and all the rest

And don't forget about the terrifying, horrific, nightmarish discussions aout ECV's.

woman_screaming1.png

GaBoy

Even 3 feet away will make lines extremely long. We can’t always be 3 feet away. A lot of people , even when we could stand very close to one another wouldn’t pay attention to the moving line. I can’t imagine that happening 3 or 6 feet away. Just my opinion. I would appreciate everything getting back to the way it used to be.
Yep. When the restrictions are lifted a "scaling down" effort will be a constant CM struggle. People will soon be back to business as usual. Racehorses behind starting gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom