News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaBoy

It used to be done locally and I believe it still is in some cases. Some of the voice artists are local to Orlando. Others who are remote have their own studios to deliver these type of recordings.
What an awesome job that would be... if I were talented.

G00fyDad

Couldn't believe this when you posted it. Googled it. Sure enough - 4/10 on FLL beach, Las Olas blvd. Dumb, dumb and dumber! Hopefully it will be a flop.
We've really gotten a chance to see the relentless entitlement of people over the past 4 to 5 years. Trying to get people to wear a mask to protect their life and the lives of those around them should have been a no-brainer easy thing to do. SHOULD have been. Unfortunately too many people in this world think they have a right to do as they please regardless of the damage it does to those around them.

"You're not going to tell me to stop, drop, and roll!! I don't care if I am on fire or not!! I am an American! I can do as I please!" :oops:

stevebwv

Couldn't believe this when you posted it. Googled it. Sure enough - 4/10 on FLL beach, Las Olas blvd. Dumb, dumb and dumber! Hopefully it will be a flop.
I can't believe people are so dumb. If everyone had just followed the rules COVID would have been over already. Instead we have people insisting on living their life with complete and utter disregard for others. How many have died needlessly to allow some fool to walk around without a mask? Disney allowing guest to take their masks if at this point, so close to the end, is unbelievable foolish! If we all just masked up and stay home until June this could be over.

GimpYancIent

We've really gotten a chance to see the relentless entitlement of people over the past 4 to 5 years. Trying to get people to wear a mask to protect their life and the lives of those around them should have been a no-brainer easy thing to do. SHOULD have been. Unfortunately too many people in this world think they have a right to do as they please regardless of the damage it does to those around them.

"You're not going to tell me to stop, drop, and roll!! I don't care if I am on fire or not!! I am an American! I can do as I please!" :oops:
Jeez you refuse to accept the science! It's not something uniquely American it's a universal attitude. It's about DARWIN.

GaBoy

Are people still doing the flash mob thing?
You did see the Spring Break Miami footage. It's a kind of flash mob if someone is funneling beer on the beach or doing body shots (pictures showed a heck of a crowd surrounding the subject of interest). I would say that a mask less March outdoors is only a threat to the other unmasked people and they mostly never wore them through this if they are there anyway. Just a little more theater in the great outdoors.
And to those that thought we should have all just stayed home to get this over with....there are lots of folks who didn't get the chance to stay home this past year and keep their job and house and family. I didn't have to go into my office but only spent 30% of my time there to start with. Construction never stopped and I had to run crews on projects... on site. They almost all got COVID at some point over the past year. Quarantined and/or got over it for a few weeks and back on the job. I may or may not have gotten it. Vaccinating anyway to get this thing over with because more than anything, it's been a pain in the neck as I had to move on with life and work regardless.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I wear my mask, I social distance, I will be getting my second shot today. Ive followed all the parameters put into place by my Gov and the CDC. I agree with you totally that everyone should be responsible and be doing what is right for the well being and safety of all others. There have been many instances where the people in authority did not follow their own rules. BUT... We do have a right to do as we please... we are still living in a free country where everyone is free to make their own decisions and their own choices. There are many other things people can do and do every day that puts me at risk of harm. This isnt entitlement, it is people being free to decide how they want to live as free individuals. I absolutely do not like the fact that they prefer not to do what is right, but they are not bound by law to go along with the advice of those who are giving it. Thats the risk we take being a free nation. You may not like it but you have to accept it.
Wouldnt we all be safer and less people killed on the roads if the speed limit was 25 mph all over? Yes. But no one is being told to drive that slow for the safety of millions who will be killed this year, and who would follow that if it was suggested ?

JIMINYCR

If your

If the Governor of your state puts a mask mandate in place then you do not have the option to not wear one. Yes. This is a "free country" but it is not a FREE country. You don't get to go around doing whatever you want. If you don't want to wear a mask during a mask mandate then don't. Just don't get all torn up over it when you get a ticket or something worse. Just because this is America it doesn't give someone the "right" to put my life in jeopardy because they don't want someone telling them what to do. And my comment about entitlements is directed at people that lose their minds when you ask them to put on a mask in a public place.

As I said... I did follow all guidelines and I would follow a mask mandate if put in place. My GOV did not mandate it and neither did the President. SO if this was for the well being of all america then why not? Because it would not and could not be enforced. There is a boundary of what we as a free people can and cannot be told to do. Your life IS in jeopardy every day by the actions of others by many things they are free to do. Every minute of your life cannot be controlled by the govt. They cannot arbitrarily decide what is and what is not good for you. Lets cancel out all high calorie food, drinks and other items. Lets dictate all americans must exercize. That would save the lives of millions from heart attack, diabetes and many other ailments that put them at risk. My life is affected by having to pay for their unwillingness to follow the advice of doctors and health officials.

G00fyDad

As I said... I did follow all guidelines and I would follow a mask mandate if put in place. My GOV did not mandate it and neither did the President. SO if this was for the well being of all america then why not? Because it would not and could not be enforced. There is a boundary of what we as a free people can and cannot be told to do. Your life IS in jeopardy every day by the actions of others by many things they are free to do. Every minute of your life cannot be controlled by the govt. They cannot arbitrarily decide what is and what is not good for you. Lets cancel out all high calorie food, drinks and other items. Lets dictate all americans must exercize. That would save the lives of millions from heart attack, diabetes and many other ailments that put them at risk. My life is affected by having to pay for their unwillingness to follow the advice of doctors and health officials.

I can see that I am talking to an entitled person that is looking for a fight. The mask mandates CAN be enforced but the powers that be chose NOT to do so and you know that but I tell you what, since you seem to be wanting an argument and I have neither the time nor inclination to argue with someone nitpicking nuggets and round-about generalizations to support their argument I will point you to the place here that you can get the most enjoyment for your time.

Have fun and good day to you!! 🙋‍♂️

Chi84

Premium Member
I can see that I am talking to an entitled person that is looking for a fight. The mask mandates CAN be enforced but the powers that be chose NOT to do so and you know that but I tell you what, since you seem to be wanting an argument and I have neither the time nor inclination to argue with someone nitpicking nuggets and round-about generalizations to support their argument I will point you to the place here that you can get the most enjoyment for your time.

Please take everyone else who wants to argue about masks with you. This thread is supposed to be about WDW's decision to allow people to remove their masks for the purpose of taking pictures while socially distanced.

JIMINYCR

Not entitled or looking for a fight or an argument at all. You can throw out your "entitled" label defining me to justify shutting me down. You cant accept someone that is willing to debate you. Ignore what you dont agree with and continue to close off all discourse. Goodby to you as well.

G00fyDad

Not entitled or looking for a fight or an argument at all. You can throw out your "entitled" label defining me to justify shutting me down. You cant accept someone that is willing to debate you. Ignore what you dont agree with and continue to close off all discourse. Goodby to you as well.

I said good day. ;)

bdearl41

I’ll change the topic. What do we think the next mask change will be. My guess is outside you can go without masks. Maybe sometime this summer. If cases are low enough there is plenty of evidence that the virus doesn’t really spread outside so I could see this happening. Particularly because of the heat.

G00fyDad

I’ll change the topic. What do we think the next mask change will be. My guess is outside you can go without masks. Maybe sometime this summer. If cases are low enough there is plenty of evidence that the virus doesn’t really spread outside so I could see this happening. Particularly because of the heat.

Heat has nothing to do with it. It can still spread outside if you breathe on someone while carrying the virus. The difference is that outside it can disperse a lot easier because of the space outside and wind. However, I do think that the masks will not be required outside at Disney parks after the next couple of months. Especially if the numbers keep dropping. I expect they'll keep the mask requirement for indoor places through the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom