News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

havoc315

Requiring proof of vaccination will shrink the pool of eligible guests for the foreseeable future. That means lower revenue and profits. Think about it.

maybe. Or requiring proof of vaccination will make people feel safer — thereby increasing attendance and profits.

Impossible to say which number is greater: people that are more likely to go with a vaccine passport vs those who would rather miss WDW than take a jab.

Tom P.

They are calling it the 4th.
View attachment 545893
Who is calling it that? Near as I can tell, there are two "top dogs" when it comes to health in this country -- Fauci at the NIH and Walensky at the CDC. Facui has explicitly said it's not yet a fourth wave and that he thinks we'll avoid one. Walensky has expressed worry that things will get worse, but has also avoided calling what we have right now a fourth wave.

ToTBellHop

Who is calling it that? Near as I can tell, there are two "top dogs" when it comes to health in this country -- Fauci at the NIH and Walensky at the CDC. Facui has explicitly said it's not yet a fourth wave and that he thinks we'll avoid one. Walensky has expressed worry that things will get worse, but has also avoided calling what we have right now a fourth wave.
Sorry, Martin was saying we are in our 2nd. I was pointing out that any further wave would be called the 4th here. I agree that we seem to be avoiding it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Majority is 50%. I think we're well on the way to have over 50% vaccinated.
We are at 42% of adults who have already gotten at least one shot (which means they will likely become fully vaccinated). At the current daily pace of vaccinations by the time the whole country opens eligibility to everyone 16+ on April 19th (less than 2 weeks) the majority of adults in America will have at least 1 shot. That being said, not everyone who gets the vaccine is in favor of vaccine passports. Most would probably use one it if it means doing something they want to do.

Good theory, but, the push for vaccine passports is loosing steam by the minute. Just plain not practical, reasonable and truly workable great for debate or interesting discussion though.
Not to mention Florida legislatures have proposed a law making vaccine proof or vaccine passports illegal in the state. So although disney is a private entity they still must follow state law.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
well actually... here's my theory

I think disney wants vaccine passports.....They just can't come out and say that right now.

This new mask thing will cause issues, they know that. God bless those CMS.
The CM unions may fight for it.
This change may give Disney grounds to require it.

Down the line this could present them with the opportunity to say "hey you know what, its getting hard to control this, to make it easy and safe for our CMS and guests, we are now going to require that everyone is vaccinated.No more masks, just vaccinations."

I think they want proof of vaccines.
Never happen.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
They should also eliminate the face shields the CMs are wearing. They look so uncomfortable wearing them.
Even from the start of Jan when we first hit the parks to the middle of Feb when we went back home :arghh: We saw less and less CMs wearing their face shields. They all had them, but many more on their belts than on their faces. We actually thought there had been a change in policy, but after talking to some CM friends we found it was more of a loophole thing. It all comes down to what is considered "direct regular contact" with a guest.

CntrlFlPete

Requiring proof of vaccination will shrink the pool of eligible guests for the foreseeable future. That means lower revenue and profits. Think about it.

I just don't think it's a hill that Disney will want to die on. Like another poster mentioned, it will likely bring a massive profit loss at a time when the company is already suffering from massive losses in the parks arena.

I hear the Cruse lines are happy w/ their bookings -- I imagine Disney's biggest issue would be children as currently there is no vaccine for anyone under 16.

I think the thing that has me wondering about mask in general is that I've heard the US is awarding out some good $$ for a better mask design. I guess that could just be smart planning in case of a COVID2*, but I also assume they know more than I ever will know about the virus.

Anyway, with double mutated variants already in the US (CA has seen the one first spotted in India), I certainly fear that the virus still has the upper hand (especially if so many are just going to not get vaccinated).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom