News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

dploew

I’ve been out of the country for a week and just tried 20 minutes ago when I got home. No idea how it worked for the haunted mansion band, but we’ll see if it actually shows up. Interestingly, I was actually in Disney springs today as we had a couple of hours to kill between our cruise (not disney) and our flight to the DC area. I was not able to find the band in person, but didn’t try all that hard.

GLM

very poor system.. tired of getting to check out and something is out of stock.. tried different ones...also out of stock at checkout. There were 61 available....how can so much be out of stock 10 seconds after they were posted.

danv3

So I successfully ordered today. Gave up on one of our party and got them a solid color one, leaving only two "special" bands to order. We got a confirmation page and everything. Now we'll see what I actually get in the mail! o_O

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

very poor system.. tired of getting to check out and something is out of stock.. tried different ones...also out of stock at checkout. There were 61 available....how can so much be out of stock 10 seconds after they were posted.

Same thing occured to DW & I. I was able to "snag" a DVC band. Tried to get one for DW. "Out of Stock".

This is just a rotten Web process. It could be corrected by following the "lock" process used by Restaurant Reservations:

1) My Bands
2) "What's in stock" (pick how many: 1-X).
3) Assign them to: pick people (you have x minutes - and your picks are "locked" for that amount of time).

Current system is hunt & pray - resulting in multiple MB Reservations for the same trip. Having gone through "hunt & pray" about 6 times? I'm hoping WDW does not end up sending my family 6x2=12 free Magic Bands for one trip in NOV :(. I keep getting new order numbers - all free :(.

Bad for WDW, and probably bad for us :(. I'm actually now afraid to even TRY to upgrade :(.

cinderellafan6

How long after you finally got the order in did the bands ship? I ordered 4 days ago and haven't received a notice that my bands have shipped yet.

jrogue

I'll also chime in with the about a week party! Took me only a couple of days to get my email, and about a week to receive the MBs.

(and as a reminder, if you ordered just the free ones, those won't ship until closer to your trip!)

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I've been trying for a week to get either Olaf, Ariel, Kuzko, Rafiki&Simba, Darth Vader, BB8, Dory. Some actually made it to my cart but I couldn't finalize anything. Moana popped up earlier and I was lucky to get her especially since my arrival date is 09/01.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom