News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

wdwgreek

I.just did this and paid to upgrade to the figment one when you already spent a grand on the hotel and tickets what is 13 more dollars!

halltd

How do you even decline MagicBands anymore? The website looks all different now. I don't see a "decline" button anymore.

cslafferty

I'm not alone in thinking this system for magic band orders where the stock randomly changes and it's nearly impossible to get what you want is insane, right? I mean, no one at Disney thinks this is how it ought to work, surely?
My DH wants the SWGE band, my sister wants the 2019 Mickey & Friends band, and I would like the castle band. I’ve been able to do two out of the three at best. They do, indeed, seem to change availability somewhere around :43 past the hour. So there I am refreshing my browser every hour, like playing a slot machine waiting for triple cherries! Do we HAVE to have them? No. But now it’s a frickin’ quest! 😠

cinderellafan6

I finally ordered all 4 bands for our trip.. I still find myself looking daily at the new bands cause I was doing it every day for 2 months lol

danv3

I've never seen more than 22 options at any one time, counting the 8 solid color options that are always there.

For my group of three, I've never seen the three we want at the same time.

When I've seen two of the three we want, only one of the two has actually been available to order. When I go to pick the other one, it lets me pick it initially and then says "just kidding! try again!"

Kevin_W

I've never seen more than 22 options at any one time, counting the 8 solid color options that are always there.

For my group of three, I've never seen the three we want at the same time.

When I've seen two of the three we want, only one of the two has actually been available to order. When I go to pick the other one, it lets me pick it initially and then says "just kidding! try again!"

I had the same experience for the 3 in my family. Once I discovered you could buy them through the App, I just left the app open on my phone and refreshed periodically through the day. Eventually it worked! Perseverance. :)

cosmicgirl

HUUUUUGE restock just minutes ago! It said there were 57 options. Not a drill, people. Go go go!
I came here to post that but you saw it sooner :)

ETA screenshots.

MB_9aug1.jpg
MB_9aug2.jpg
MB_9aug3.jpg

Domboy

I saw the 57 updates and was very excited - however every time I added the third person and went to checkout it said one was out of stock - always the last one. Removed them all and restarted and ta-da the one out of stock was now back in stock and then another one - the third person - was out of stock.

What annoys me more is that when it says its out of stock, it still remains on the system. They seem to be resetting the picker screen periodically which means nothing is in sync - which is shocking for a user experience.

the search continues :S

mgf

Honestly the only Disney website that always pleasantly surprises me with how well it functions (aka as you would expect) is the Disney Gift Card Management page. Let that team be in charge of more stuff.

danv3

There was just another bump of additions.

Most of which aren’t actually available.

Just because you see a band in the list, even seconds after the hourly refresh, you can't assume it's actually available. In fact, you should assume it's not available.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom