News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

cslafferty

There are 3 of us in our party - do I have to order all 3 at the same time, or can I order them one at a time as they become available? When the ones I like are available, the one my husband would like isn’t. We have plenty of time - not going until Dec 8

JaxFLBear

There are 3 of us in our party - do I have to order all 3 at the same time, or can I order them one at a time as they become available? When the ones I like are available, the one my husband would like isn’t. We have plenty of time - not going until Dec 8
You must select MBs for everyone or you won't be able to complete the order.

jbolen2

I’ve ran in to this with mine, wife and sons. It seems like the one we each would like is available when the other two isn’t.

danv3

So this is still not really working, huh? I'm getting "No Results Try a different selection or reset filters" for my October trip. No options are visible at all--not even the free colors. :(

Last edited:

trainplane3

So this is still not really working, huh? I'm getting "No Results Try a different selection or reset filters" for my October trip. No options are visible at all--not even the free colors. :(
I just chose regular colored bands for some friends for my upcoming September trip. I saw all of the colors plus a few themed bands. 99.9% chance it's just Disneys site being Disneys site.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's are a few new ones that popped up this morning - 2 are $15 and the GE band band is listed at full price.

Touchdown

Nabbed the Mickey Halloween Band this morning, hope everything goes well, a lot of my trips occur during Halloween so this would be a well used band.

Touchdown

$15 is still acceptable to me, for a band I really like, they will probably get a Christmas band purchase from me as well but anything else would have to be a really good looking design of a character or ride I really like.

Got an email saying that the SWGE band should have included the same discount as all the other bands and that would be reflected in the final price they charge when they ship. Wish they were a bit more exciting but wanted a SW one to remember this AP preview trip.

brettf22

Premium Member
A little tip based on my days (and weeks, and months) of trying to get a specific band.

It seems the magic number is 43.

As in inventory is updated at 43 past the hour.

Some caveats. It doesn’t update every hour, every day. And, obviously, YMMV based on differences in watch/phone/computer time settings.

So, if you’re looking for a specific band, start refreshing at 42 past the hour. Make sure to select Grid View. Note that since they updated the system last week to randomly display all bands instead of displaying in the same order, each time you refresh, the band display order with be different. So, you must scroll and visually search each time you refresh. I found that if inventory didn’t update by the time I got to 44 past the hour, the inventory did not update that hour.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Got an email saying that the SWGE band should have included the same discount as all the other bands and that would be reflected in the final price they charge when they ship. Wish they were a bit more exciting but wanted a SW one to remember this AP preview trip.

The new GE band is now listed at the discounted $15 price on the site.

Clamman73

Can’t find a pic of the galaxys edge band of what it looks like on the other side...would be nice if they showed a pic of both sides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom