News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

Hcalvert

I was just able to order my son a slinky dog one for his annual pass.
I ordered limited edition bands when they sent out the email offer to purchase them through ShopDisney for the same price for $25 bands or $15 for limited edition bands. I plan to upgrade to an annual pass in 5 days. Do I have to get more MBs for the annual pass or can I use the ones I purchased a month ago?

Last edited:

dreamfinder

I ordered ones when they sent out the email and offered some through ShopDisney instead for the same price. I plan to upgrade to an annual pass in 5 days. Do I have to get more MBs for the annual pass or can I use the ones I purchased a month ago?

The MB gets linked to your MDE account, not a trip or ticket. So any active MB on your MDE account can be used at any time. If you have multiple bands, you can use them interchangably. The AP should entitle you to a new generic band if you want it, I believe they still show up on your account as order-able after you first use the AP.

Hcalvert

The MB gets linked to your MDE account, not a trip or ticket. So any active MB on your MDE account can be used at any time. If you have multiple bands, you can use them interchangably. The AP should entitle you to a new generic band if you want it, I believe they still show up on your account as order-able after you first use the AP.
Thank you. I just didn't want another band unless one for $10 interests me. I had to edit my previous post as it was really poorly written. I guess I was really tired yesterday.

TOCPE82

I just got the one my daughter wanted, added it and checked out... and it errored on the last step and now half the designs are gone from the site.

BAD. SHOW.

jrogue

I just got the one my daughter wanted, added it and checked out... and it errored on the last step and now half the designs are gone from the site.

BAD. SHOW.
The same few bands have been showing as available since yesterday afternoon, so they are probably all not really available

TOCPE82

The same few bands have been showing as available since yesterday afternoon, so they are probably all not really available
It could have been a refresh or a stock adjustment. Weird that suddenly I could get them into my cart when for a day prior I couldn't.

TrixieDust

I was able to order 2 on Tuesday with no problem. They shipped on Wednesday and will be here on Saturday.
So happy!!
Update: just got my bands a day early:)
Sadly, no luggage tags :(

Last edited:

Clamman73

I took a look earlier today and they all were available but just now I looked and the site seems a bit messed up again.

seascape

So far I ordered the red star wars bands and birthday bands for both my wife and I. We still have 2 other trios booked and our AP bands to buy.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
This one looks like a new addition!

cosmicgirl

Quick update - we received our bands today for our August trip. Ordered on 6/21. They shipped on 6/22. Got everything we ordered.

Love the Haunted Mansion band! It's black all around with just the purple pattern. We did get 4 luggage tags as well.

View attachment 384195

Only thing that's odd is the $30 charge hit our card that day....but it's since fallen off and hasn't returned?

And they still haven't added an image of the Haunted Mansion band to the MDE. My profile still has an empty circle.
Thanks for posting this! Would you mind posting a pic of the luggage tags, as well? Are they still color-matched to your band in some way?

This one looks like a new addition!

View attachment 386499
This was available on day 1, as was the Tinker Bell one.

Ariel1986

It's worked again for me today just now for another order (I have a split stay). Worked first time too. Hopefully as time goes on it will continuously be like this! I hope more band options currently available on shop Disney are added too.

Homer fan

How do you know if/why it's working? They let me pick all the bands, then I get the unable to complete your request page. This is really frustrating

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Well, restock does not matter, other than seeing the bands I cannot order. No matter how many times I try, methods I try, and log-outs/log-ins, I can never make it to the payment screen without getting an error window.
How do you know if/why it's working? They let me pick all the bands, then I get the unable to complete your request page. This is really frustrating
It is worth giving them a call, then. My husband kept having a problem trying to ordering his and there was some sort of error tied to his account. Once they fixed it, he could order all the way through. This is the number they gave him for the help desk - 407-939-7765.
Okay, so I finally got around to calling them. Spoke with (ah, what the heck, I will put her most of name) "Helg", I was obviously not the first one she has talked to about this problem but was certainly reading from a script. I got many "this was an overwhelming response" "you just gotta keep trying" and the best one "I know it shows the band but the message about it can't complete the order means the band is not in stock" in other words, She said the order error meant that the band was no longer there. Did not matter if you logged off, logged back in, and it still showed the band, it was not in stock. She told me there was nothing she could do, and yes I had her check my account to make sure there was nothing wrong. She said it could be that I had a debit card linked to my account!?!? That doesn't make sense, regardless, we deleted it (since I planned to anyway because of the whole $100 hold).

So my long (probably ill-comunicated) message is to say, according to ah..... Helg, that when you get the "cannot complete your order at this time" even though the band is showing, the message means the band is not available. But have no fear, just keep checking (and continuing to be frustrated at our oversight and ill-planning of this offer.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom