News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

ninjaprincesst

That's not good. My guess would be that the person who made them did so at home on a regular ink-jet printer and cricut machine and doesn't know what they're doing as far as ink/materials/weatherproofing. If they were vinyl and the ink just came off, it's likely that a spray UV coating could have prevented that. If peeling after getting wet was the issue, then the wrong materials were used from the get-go and there's nothing you could have done to save them.
It was the adhesive that decided to let go after the rain (which granted was a huge downpour), I just decided at that point to stick to the premade , and for $10 by the time you buy the skin and pay shippng have paid $10 or more.

ninjaprincesst

I'm just curious, with all the people saying their selection is no longer available I wonder how it will work for those of us that made our selection, paid , got order confirmation but our trip is not for months (December 12th in my case), since they don't ship the bands until 10 days before the trip, do they just take them out of inventory and set them aside or will our order end up getting cancelled because they ran out of bands?

DisneyMama830

In the Parks
No
I had picked out my kiddos’ character bands for our August trip last night and was waiting on my hubby’s choice before submitting our order. I just logged onto MDE and not only were my selections gone, there are no premium options coming up at all now, just the standard complimentary colors. Every category under the premium bands is coming up “No Results Found”. Guessing they’re completely out of the premium bands at this point?

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I had picked out my kiddos’ character bands for our August trip last night and was waiting on my hubby’s choice before submitting our order. I just logged onto MDE and not only were my selections gone, there are no premium options coming up at all now, just the standard complimentary colors. Every category under the premium bands is coming up “No Results Found”. Guessing they’re completely out of the premium bands at this point?
They still had quite a few around a half hour ago. Perhaps they underestimated demand and are re-evaluating their offerings.

Minnie1986

I’m actually on hold with Disney now trying to get an answer to this exact question. When I speak to someone, I’ll post what they tell me.

DisneyMama830

In the Parks
No
They still had quite a few around a half hour ago. Perhaps they underestimated demand and are re-evaluating their offerings.

That thought crossed my mind too. But after seeing someone else post that several styles were already sold out, I started wondering if they’d severely underestimated the demand.

Minnie1986

That thought crossed my mind too. But after seeing someone else post that several styles were already sold out, I started wondering if they’d severely underestimated the demand.
Per Disney: they severely underestimated the demand and the first round sold out, however they will definitely be replenished. She instructed me to consistently check over the next 72 hours.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I'm just curious, with all the people saying their selection is no longer available I wonder how it will work for those of us that made our selection, paid , got order confirmation but our trip is not for months (December 12th in my case), since they don't ship the bands until 10 days before the trip, do they just take them out of inventory and set them aside or will our order end up getting cancelled because they ran out of bands?

Bands are shipping immediately. The one’s we paid for and customized for our September trip have already shipped and I ordered them yesterday.

ninjaprincesst

I don't know, I was told it did by a cast member and the magic band still works years (well over 2 years) later. 💁‍♀️ Highly probable I had a mis-informed cast member & somehow the battery just lasted forever
I have bands that I got the year magic bands came out that as of last year still worked, I was told that the only feature that won't work any more once the battery runs out are the interactive features like the screen that says good by at IASW
Bands are shipping immediately. The one’s we paid for and customized for our September trip have already shipped and I ordered them yesterday.
Oh because my confirmation said it would not ship until 10 days before our trip. Im glad they are coming early but that's 6 months for me to misplace them.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I have bands that I got the year magic bands came out that as of last year still worked, I was told that the only feature that won't work any more once the battery runs out are the interactive features like the screen that says good by at IASW

Oh because my confirmation said it would not ship until 10 days before our trip. Im glad they are coming early but that's 6 months for me to misplace them.

That’s what mine said too. So, I was surprised when I got a shipping notification this morning.

SamandplanningUK

We had the same issue, had them all chosen and then came back to order and they'd gone, I'm now wondering if its worth holding on, to see if other versions are added in the next few months, I'm sure they will probably switch them out for others during the year?

kbmb

I noticed the site doesn't list the date you have to order by to have the bands shipped, only the date to order to pickup at the hotel. Not sure why they removed this. Guessing they want people to pick their bands right after booking and be done with it?

Surprised they couldn't manage inventory. Poor showing for people waiting for family members to get a chance to make a choice. Like others we see most of our choices gone because we didn't select that first day.

ImperfectPixie

I noticed the site doesn't list the date you have to order by to have the bands shipped, only the date to order to pickup at the hotel. Not sure why they removed this. Guessing they want people to pick their bands right after booking and be done with it?

Surprised they couldn't manage inventory. Poor showing for people waiting for family members to get a chance to make a choice. Like others we see most of our choices gone because we didn't select that first day.
Disney seems to underestimate demand an awful lot for a company that collects data on so many different aspects of their business...personally, I wouldn't be surprised if the shortfall might have purposely planned...in order to create a false sense of urgency.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom