News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

Chickp

I wonder how often they will change stock, and what happens if you choose a band and pay for it but it doesn’t ship until closer to your reservation date say 6 months out. Do they just set it to the set in a hold bin or will you end up getting redirected to pick another of what’s available at that closer time.
I was wondering that too. Thankfully not in any rush to chose mine right now. Also will be interesting to see if they change them over time. Maybe offering special bands short term for special occasions (Christmas, Halloween etc.)

Is it a limited offer in time? Does anyone know how many days the offer can last?

On the other hand, is paid online when they are selected or charged to the account pending payment of the reservation?

Thanks guys

ninjaprincesst

I 100% will be ordering my upgraded band tonight. Even if you buy a skin from Etsy, you’re saving money buy just using the deal Disney is offering.
Also, from prior experience Florida rain and the skins don't do well, and the one I had was supposed to be waterproof.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Also, from prior experience Florida rain and the skins don't do well, and he one I had was supposed to be waterproof.
That's not good. My guess would be that the person who made them did so at home on a regular ink-jet printer and cricut machine and doesn't know what they're doing as far as ink/materials/weatherproofing. If they were vinyl and the ink just came off, it's likely that a spray UV coating could have prevented that. If peeling after getting wet was the issue, then the wrong materials were used from the get-go and there's nothing you could have done to save them.

ThatMouse

That's not good. My guess would be that the person who made them did so at home on a regular ink-jet printer and cricut machine and doesn't know what they're doing as far as ink/materials/weatherproofing. If they were vinyl and the ink just came off, it's likely that a spray UV coating could have prevented that. If peeling after getting wet was the issue, then the wrong materials were used from the get-go and there's nothing you could have done to save them.

The DIYers use inkjet printers on special printable vinyl. It's usually not coated, because doing so can wash off the ink! What you need is someone who sends the design to a discount printer and has them imprinted thermally. They will also save you the time of supplying the printer with the dimensions and the design. These big printer companies don't check for copyrights.

ImperfectPixie

The DIYers use inkjet printers on special printable vinyl. It's usually not coated, because doing so can wash off the ink! What you need is someone who sends the design to a discount printer and has them imprinted thermally. They will also save you the time of supplying the printer with the dimensions and the design. These big printer companies don't check for copyrights.
You have to be uber careful with spray UV on water-soluble inks, but if you just put the lightest of coats (I'm talking barely letting the spray hit it), and then repeat a few times, it should work. Using a light coat of fixative before applying UV might help, too.

The problem with using a vendor like you described is that they won't want to touch anything that isn't big quantities unless they specialize in short-runs, and even then, if you're reselling them, you'll still have stock sitting around that has a definite shelf-life unless you're selling them fast enough. I personally prefer solvent-based ink-jet printing in which the vinyl is heated as part of the printing process, basically making the ink become part of the surface of the vinyl.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Very disappointed that the other $15 solid color bands aren't available (black, white, Navy blue, dark green, all the pastels).
I agree, was hoping to order a pastel myself. Strange, specially since I guess solid colors would be less expensive to manufacture (?).

grim-grinning_toast

Is anyone else experiencing this:

I have a trip booked for September. When we first booked it, we customized them out of pure excitement. Whenever I check now, I get a message that says my bands will be available for pick-up at the front desk and to customize before September 17th. I would love for them to be shipped to the house since my sister has never gone on a proper vacation before and she's so excited. So, when I go to click on the "Review my Order" page, nothing comes up. Not Stitch, not a Disney error message, just a blank screen. I feel like I can't access anything. And this is across two desktop computers and my iphone.

I know that I have plenty of time! I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

CaptainAmerica

Is anyone else experiencing this:

I have a trip booked for September. When we first booked it, we customized them out of pure excitement. Whenever I check now, I get a message that says my bands will be available for pick-up at the front desk and to customize before September 17th. I would love for them to be shipped to the house since my sister has never gone on a proper vacation before and she's so excited. So, when I go to click on the "Review my Order" page, nothing comes up. Not Stitch, not a Disney error message, just a blank screen. I feel like I can't access anything. And this is across two desktop computers and my iphone.

I know that I have plenty of time! I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
A few things.

The "customize before September 17 to pick up at the front desk" is just letting you know what your final deadline is. It doesn't mean they're not going to ship to you.

The customization process now includes a "check-out" step, similar to what you would do when online shopping. Even if you only choose the free bands, you still go through the "check-out" process with a $0.00 order total. The reason you don't see anything under "review my order" is because you did not customize your bands under this new process.

To be safe, go to customize/edit and redo the process, then go through the order check-out steps.

WDWDreamer4

I customized to a special band this morning, but needed my kids input for theirs. Now my selection is gone! And not an option at all. Did they already run out of some?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
May I ask where you order from?

magicyourbands.com

I decline the bands most trips and just get one new free one every other year so it has a fresh battery.

Then I spend $8 for a vinyl overlay at magicyourbands.com. I even design my own rather than use their stock overlays. I've had a Mary Poppins one for years and made an Iron Man one for friends. Take *that* Universal exclusivity contract!!

View attachment 372617View attachment 372618
View attachment 372619
The vinyls at magicyourbands.com have lived through several downpours.

999th Happy Haunt

I customized to a special band this morning, but needed my kids input for theirs. Now my selection is gone! And not an option at all. Did they already run out of some?
Same type of situation for me, the band i had picked out while I waited for others in my party is gone now. Did they run out already?

Janir

I don't know why they just didn't keep it simple. If you don't get the standard color one, just give a credit to ANY MB that you could buy in shopDisney and call it done. I guess the processing center for resort guest MB isn't connected to the Disney warehouses and online shopping systems enough to do that. So all they can do it get a bunch of MB's in their processing center and just offer options until they run out of stock.
Bad Disney planning here IMHO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom