News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

MrsPwdwLifer

I'm definitely curious to see how it all plays out. We haven't been able to go in a while but always ended up with extras, usually the plain grey no matter how many times I declined them. As a gal that does some flipping (I prefer resale but it means something different to most) I end up with a lot of them thrown in auction lots. Unless I'm missing something, there is no market for them. Most have names, so they were sent to someone. For now I just snag the batteries to use elsewhere, but I'm very curious to see if the number in these lots decrease over time

cosmicgirl

From the comment section on the DPB:

Hi, Bobbie. While this offer is not launching today, it’s coming real soon. Stay tuned!
Avery Maehrer on May 15, 2019 at 1:35 pm
Hi, Jennifer! When it launches, the offer will be available for previously-booked and newly-booked Disney Resort hotel reservations, as long as that reservation is still within the pre-arrival MagicBand selection window and your complimentary MagicBands haven’t already shipped. Hope you and your daughter have an amazing trip!
Avery Maehrer on May 15, 2019 at 1:38 pm

Brittany--

@wdwtoday is still saying “This offering will be available real soon, and we encourage you to keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog”

I wish they would have been a little less eager to say that yesterday was the day. It’s such a minor thing in the grand scheme of the trip, but I was super excited to upgrade my bands and we’re still not able to yet.

SteveAZee

I decline the bands most trips and just get one new free one every other year so it has a fresh battery.

Then I spend $8 for a vinyl overlay at magicyourbands.com. I even design my own rather than use their stock overlays. I've had a Mary Poppins one for years and made an Iron Man one for friends. Take *that* Universal exclusivity contract!!

View attachment 372617View attachment 372618
View attachment 372619
I looked at the website... interesting. The 'glow in the dark' seem good as an interesting option as well. The thing I'm wondering (after watching their video on how to apply the overlay) is whether it stays in place when you flex the band a bit, like straighten it out from its natural curve? Did yours ever come off when you didn't want it to?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I looked at the website... interesting. The 'glow in the dark' seem good as an interesting option as well. The thing I'm wondering (after watching their video on how to apply the overlay) is whether it stays in place when you flex the band a bit, like straighten it out from its natural curve? Did yours ever come off when you didn't want it to?

I've used those overlays many times. Never had an issue with them coming off or bubbling up due to flexing. Also, they send you the overlay as a pair. So, you have a back-up.

Also, considering the amount of times one would wear a particular band over the course of even three years, one isn't even wearing it a full month's worth of days to even have the opportunity to wear down.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I wonder if they’re not all online yet. Some of the more expensive options aren’t available - it’s all bands that are only $10 upgrades. There are a few that I was hoping would be in there that would have been $14/$15 upgrades that aren’t.

Brittany--

We have a preexisting trip booked and the option is not available for us yet even though we’re in the customization window. I wonder if it’s being rolled out in phases?

Kevin_W

I decline the bands most trips and just get one new free one every other year so it has a fresh battery.

Then I spend $8 for a vinyl overlay at magicyourbands.com. I even design my own rather than use their stock overlays. I've had a Mary Poppins one for years and made an Iron Man one for friends. Take *that* Universal exclusivity contract!!

View attachment 372617View attachment 372618
View attachment 372619

I didn't know you could do custom ones. Nice work.

We got some from overlays from the same site when we rented DVC points. It's a little thing overall, but I enjoyed having them.

ImperfectPixie

Someone in my FB group found these on KTP's website (pretty sure from comments on one post or another - I couldn't find them using the search). Note that the price is $24.99 discounted to $10.

Sorry for the crappy quality...I just slapped these together into one file after cropping out personal info.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom