News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

Princess B

I wonder if they'll offer the plain pastels, which would then be free with the discount? I have little desire for the expensive designs but I think the pastels (especially that robin's egg blue) are so cute!

mikejs78

Premium Member
I have not seen paper straws outside of AK/AKL, nor any promise of paper in the other parks. So my only real complaint is let's have some type of straw with my $4 coke and a little message in the reservation that says your existing Magic Bands are all linked up and ready to go. I mean I don't have kids so this is not my problem anyway.
When I went in Feb, no straws anywhere unless you asked, and in a few places they didn't have them at all.

I was there this past week and the paper straws were everywhere.

ninjaprincesst

It may be that they're updating the system, but something is going on with the 'Customize your Magic Band' page. It's only showing me 4-5 different color options, and then if you refresh the page it'll switch them up to different colors, all of which used to be available on the same screen. Still don't see the option to buy one yet.
I read on another site it will be for new reservations only,which stinks because our next trip isn't until December, but the trip is already booked. I f they know what they are talking about they said it will go live on 5/15.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

I think this must be being prepped to go live. I didn’t have this message yesterday.

cosmicgirl

Same here. Everything was business as usual a couple of hours ago. And on the "my plans" page it says "Your MagicBand Order Status Is Currently Unavailable ".

cosmicgirl

I could be off here but, from an IT perspective, wouldn't it be a lot more complicated to exclude existing reservations than to implement it for everyone?

aw14

I'm seeing the same. I will be very bummed if it's only new reservations since I already have my next 3 trips booked...all the way through March 2020.
I just checked for my july trip, and no update either. Just the typical plain colors.

Fear

I mean, has anyone made a new reservation to check it went live? I don't really have the ability to toss $200 at a test.

dreamfinder

I could be off here but, from an IT perspective, wouldn't it be a lot more complicated to exclude existing reservations than to implement it for everyone?

Not necessarily, it depends on how it is being implemented, and if anything else needs to be changed at the same time. There are times where changes/upgrades are made for new data and the old data is allowed to age out gracefully instead of being modified. And we know they do have the ability to allow certain bands to be a choice for certain guests already (at least would be apparent from the multiple times bands were offered as part of a booking promotion).

aaronml

It is back working. I can only choose from solid colors so it either isn’t live or will indeed only be for new reservations.
It will not only be for new reservations. Everyone will be able to use this. That said, I’d be surprised if this launched today, it’s not impossible just not likely from my understanding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom