News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

Andrew M

It may be that they're updating the system, but something is going on with the 'Customize your Magic Band' page. It's only showing me 4-5 different color options, and then if you refresh the page it'll switch them up to different colors, all of which used to be available on the same screen. Still don't see the option to buy one yet.

Patcheslee

It may be that they're updating the system, but something is going on with the 'Customize your Magic Band' page. It's only showing me 4-5 different color options, and then if you refresh the page it'll switch them up to different colors, all of which used to be available on the same screen. Still don't see the option to buy one yet.
I noticed that as well, DH wanted to switch colors and I can't get it to come up with blue. But if I go to DD10's it shows blue available not pink.

CaptainAmerica

If you do buy a special Magic Band, they will work even after the battery dies. Just the remote features like on-ride photopass will stop working. If the attractions stop having a place to touch your band to then you may not get your ride photos.

The non-battery part is just NFC which is like a 12 digit number. If your phone has NFC, you can read it with an NFC app (NFC Tools on Android). You could also program your phone to do things by touching it to the Magic Bands. On Android it's called Trigger - Task Launcher.
Or if you have a small screwdriver, just swap the Icon (i.e. the puck) from your new, free band into your old, special band.

ThatMouse

Cosmic Ray's had no straws at all on my last trip. Which I thought was odd.

I have not seen paper straws outside of AK/AKL, nor any promise of paper in the other parks. So my only real complaint is let's have some type of straw with my $4 coke and a little message in the reservation that says your existing Magic Bands are all linked up and ready to go. I mean I don't have kids so this is not my problem anyway.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I currently have nearly 20 active MBs and don't have any issues.

Does not make a difference.

You may be near the limit of active MBs before problems start happening, unless Disney IT has fixed it (chuckles...). It happened to my wife, where she started having problems, and she was told she had too many active MBs and I think the number was around 20. I think she had problems getting FP's, but I'd have to ask her for specifics.

JaxFLBear

You may be near the limit of active MBs before problems start happening, unless Disney IT has fixed it (chuckles...). It happened to my wife, where she started having problems, and she was told she had too many active MBs and I think the number was around 20. I think she had problems getting FP's, but I'd have to ask her for specifics.
I plan on de-activating the older bands. I use my initials and resort check in date when I customize them, so I know how old most of my bands are.

Chickp

I wonder if Disney offering this, is following feedback from UK guests in the last year. I know for a while, UK guests who booked a package stay, they were offered a special Toy Story MB to celebrate the new TSL. Maybe they were asked about other patterned MB being offered to chose from.

dreamfinder

I wonder if Disney offering this, is following feedback from UK guests in the last year. I know for a while, UK guests who booked a package stay, they were offered a special Toy Story MB to celebrate the new TSL. Maybe they were asked about other patterned MB being offered to chose from.

There have been a few times where WDW offered special bands when booking, other than just the plain colored ones. Think they did it around the holidays a year or two ago.

cosmicgirl

This was actually only offered for ticket-only bookings direct with the WDTC. I think it was just a way to keep off-site guests from buying the tickets cheaper elsewhere.

Hcalvert

One summer, we received magic bands with BB-8 for the "Awaken Summer" promotion.
MagicBand_350x640_AwaknSummer_B1_17904.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom