Disney to mandate full vaccinations to employees

Mousse'

It only gets neat as far as your b#ll#cks-laden delusions are concerned. And trying to tie this scenario to ones from decades or centuries past shows you're less interested in maintaining this account for discussions related to TWDC, and more for spreading your personal propaganda. I'm sure there's other sites where your claptrap is more welcomed than here....
… look at my history. I have never posted anything like this before but the people (…like yourself) lining up to “drink the Kool Aid” is insane, and to hold Disney in anything but contempt for doing this is equally insane. If they really cared they would have made it for anyone who has guest contact, union or not, to keep us safe (…let the union sue them if they think they’re on solid ground). NOT the 9-5 back office gray and white collar crew who can’t just grab another job but effectively have to comply…

…and will Disney not contest the Unemployment claims of the folks who can vote with their feet? I suspect not…

Mousse'

Says the guy making stuff up that can’t happen that ignores the millions of doses administered without incident. What other lies will you start parroting?
And I challenge you to find out how many people Covid actually killed. You can’t as the manner in which the stats are collected if the person had it, whether or not it was a contributing comorbidity, it’s counted as Covid…

lazyboy97o

And I challenge you to find out how many people Covid actually killed. You can’t as the manner in which the stats are collected if the person had it, whether or not it was a contributing comorbidity, it’s counted as Covid…
Brining in the classic lies. Let me guess, you have a family friend who is suing a hospital because the hospital listed COVID-19 as the cause of death and the family knows it wasn’t.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
… look at my history. I have never posted anything like this before but the people (…like yourself) lining up to “drink the Kool Aid” is insane, and to hold Disney in anything but contempt for doing this is equally insane. If they really cared they would have made it for anyone who has guest contact, union or not, to keep us safe (…let the union sue them if they think they’re on solid ground). NOT the 9-5 back office gray and white collar crew who can’t just grab another job but effectively have to comply…

…and will Disney not contest the Unemployment claims of the folks who can vote with their feet? I suspect not…

Mousse'

Brining in the classic lies. Let me guess, you have a family friend who is suing a hospital because the hospital listed COVID-19 as the cause of death and the family knows it wasn’t.
Nope… I used to work in healthcare stats… same issues around child mortality (I.e. in the US we track all our dead babies, and hence one of the reasons our numbers are so poor as compared to the ROW.

unmitigated disaster

Nope… everyone I know who died was low hanging fruit that could have just as easily dies from influenza. In most cases it was a mercy (cancer patients).

Actually, everything I’ve ever said about Covid was in this thread, if not maybe one more …debater….
Everything I need to know about you is encapsulated in the term "low-hanging fruit". Repulsive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mousse'

But you have no beliefs.

You live in a conspiratorial world in which the most trusted institution can't be trusted *by you* because you believe everyone has an angle and is hiding something.

And if you can't trust the most trusted institutions then you can't trust anything.

But for some strange reason, you're willing to trust voices contradicting the trusted institutions. As if they don't have an angle and as if they aren't hiding anything.

You live in a world of complete epistemological doubt.

That means that all your beliefs are irrational. There is no rationale, no reason to believe anyone. And so, you cling to an irrational belief.

And for some strange reason, you're trying to make us believe the same nonsense you do.

You're telling me I can't trust the consensus of the scientific medical community, but, I should trust you? You spout nonsense. I ain't trusting you.
…oh, and I’d never ask you to trust me. I’d ask you to review the information available to you, evaluate its source, the prior veracity of that source, that source’s motivations, and to use you own abilities to make the decision you believe is best for you and those you love.

What you’re asking me to do is put aside my concerns, and do what you want me to do because you think your opinion is more sound.

And one better, because you can’t convince a third of us because we’re all stupid and paranoid, you‘re going to endorse whatever means possible to take that decision out of our hands…. NICE….

Mousse'

WOW. You really need to take a breath here. I've never seen someone so aggressively push their perspective over and over and over and over and over again in one thread. I think you've made your point and incessantly beating the drum isn't moving the bar forward any longer. This thread has become useless as a dialog about Disney's decision and become all about you pushing your perspective.
Agreed, but the personal attacks and the utter lack of any appreciation for the other point of view by a few folks I see as propagandists has to be fought. I‘m not at all unhappy with the argument I’ve made, I think it’s important, and I won’t let them win.

…but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t wish the moderator closed or deleted the thread so I wouldn’t have to keep fighting the good fight for my side… I’ll never get them to think for a moment, and devoting time and energy to this battle isn’t good for me personally.

And really, what good will it do? Yeah a few folks might think for a minute about what this all could really mean, and a few other folks may agree but not have any real ability to stand up for what they feel (I.e. they don’t want the shot, but have to keep their job to feed their family, so they have to play right into ”their” hands and get the shot).

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Well, hey. Getting rid of smallpox in the wild had zero -zero I tell you - to do with vaccinations.
Don’t you know? After centuries of deadly existence the virus just finally decided to evolve itself out of existence like viruses naturally do following the laws of survival of the fittest. Polio is finalizing its decision to evolve out of existence as we speak. Maybe we just need to ask SARS-CoV-2 really nicely to do the same.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Don’t you know? After centuries of deadly existence the virus just finally decided to evolve itself out of existence like viruses naturally do following the laws of survival of the fittest. Polio is finalizing its decision to evolve out of existence as we speak. Maybe we just need to ask SARS-CoV-2 really nicely to do the same.
Well, it would certainly weed out the "low-hanging fruit."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
To take a break from the never ending (pointless???) debate and get back on topic, the unions have still not signed off on this vaccine mandate yet. Union leaders are still publicly expressing approval of the plan, but they have some concerns for how the medical and religious exceptions will work. Negotiations continue, but it still looks like this will get done some time soon. The clock is ticking on the 60 day time limit for non-union workers. I am assuming that if/when this is agreed on Disney will run a series of vaccine clinics for workers to jump start the remaining vaccinations.

Slightly off topic, but with the recent cruise ship court ruling the door may soon be open for Disney to require guests at WDW to be fully vaccinated as well. There’s no current indication they are considering this and based on the fact that it’s currently not illegal in CA but hasn’t been implemented at DLR it may not be on the table. Just some speculation based on changing times.

lazyboy97o

To take a break from the never ending (pointless???) debate and get back on topic, the unions have still not signed off on this vaccine mandate yet. Union leaders are still publicly expressing approval of the plan, but they have some concerns for how the medical and religious exceptions will work. Negotiations continue, but it still looks like this will get done some time soon. The clock is ticking on the 60 day time limit for non-union workers. I am assuming that if/when this is agreed on Disney will run a series of vaccine clinics for workers to jump start the remaining vaccinations.

Slightly off topic, but with the recent cruise ship court ruling the door may soon be open for Disney to require guests at WDW to be fully vaccinated as well. There’s no current indication they are considering this and based on the fact that it’s currently not illegal in CA but hasn’t been implemented at DLR it may not be on the table. Just some speculation based on changing times.
It’s just an injunction, not a ruling, but it does reference Disney’s decision to require employees to be vaccinated as evidence against the State, so it is not entirely off topic.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Now I remember why I unfollowed this thread
Scared Freddie Flintoff GIF by Top Gear

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom