Disney to mandate full vaccinations to employees

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I never said the current ones and this is the issue with trying to have a discussion. I said in past vaccination efforts with related coronaviruses with SARS and MERS they found ADE to be an issue in all of them. And to me that is concerning. And again, correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve read and watched so many videos to explain ADE and all seem to say that this can happen when your body depends on the vaccine and when the vaccine starts to lose its potency, the cells look for it to help fight but can’t and something happens where it allows the virus to penetrate the cells easier - and my concern is the studies coming out saying these vaccines are only lasting 6 months now. So I’m worried that the timing is about right and that’s why we are seeing an uptick in infections. And when you look at the town in Massachusetts, England, and Israel it’s not so obvious that it is just an unvaccinated problem.
You're not citing the CDC like you said you were. This is just a word salad of confusion.

I'm out.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do you consider the NIH a reputable source?

That paper points out that ADE can occur naturally from being exposed to different strains/variants of COVID, and might *possibly* happen due to a vaccination.

As pointed out above, the phases of approval included watching out for this effect, and of all cases of those with symptomatic COVID there *might* be one case of vaccine induced ADE... which didn't kill the person.

The outcome of not being vaccinated is likely catching COVID and suffering from its harm or dying from it. That's a greater risk to health than getting vaccinated.

We all saw that goal post was going to move.

So, at what rate of death and harm does a virus have to do in order for a vaccination mandate to be justified?
Well, given the fact that prior mask mandates and lockdowns didn't change the infection/death rate in comparison from state to state and country to country for those who didn't put mandates in places, and that the people who have the spike protein now apparently have become the super spreaders due to the high level of viral shedding, I'm not sure there's an answer to that question. But what's curios, for a virus that was pitched as super duper scary contagious and deadly, why aren't all the unvaxed dead by now? Covid has been around for close to two years and these folks haven't been locking themselves in homes or avoiding the outdoors. Natural immunity, perhaps? pssst, I have natural immunity, by the way. And why has the CDC been caught twice now lying about people have actually died? My Aunt died of cancer but had Covid antibodies, so was listed as a Covid death...it's a joke.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I know 3 people that were healthy, got both shots and had strokes and died within a week. Soon to be 4 as family friend has been given 10 days as of yesterday in hospice. Non FDA approved but let’s push it to the max
And I know zero people who have had any kind of adverse reaction in my entire circle of family friends, and coworkers and I am in senior management at a company, there have been no incidents among our employees despite a very high vaccination rate.

None of this is data. There is also zero correlation between stroke and the vaccine. People do have strokes for othe reasons, you know. So far, the only adverse reactions are:

* Allergic reaction in first 15 minutes
* Blood clots with the J&J vaccine for certain women- very low incidence rate
* Mild and easily treatable myocarditis in young men - at a much lessened severity and much lower rate than myocarditis resulting from Covid in the same age group.

That is it. No other significant adverse reactions have been linked to the vaccines. The FDA investigates reported incidences to determine if there is a link, and if there is, they have been diligent in reporting it as above.

ArmoredRodent

Well, given the fact that prior mask mandates and lockdowns didn't change the infection/death rate in comparison from state to state and country to country for those who didn't put mandates in places, and that the people who have the spike protein now apparently have become the super spreaders due to the high level of viral shedding, I'm not sure there's an answer to that question. But what's curios, for a virus that was pitched as super duper scary contagious and deadly, why aren't all the unvaxed dead by now? Covid has been around for close to two years and these folks haven't been locking themselves in homes or avoiding the outdoors. Natural immunity, perhaps? pssst, I have natural immunity, by the way. And why has the CDC been caught twice now lying about people have actually died? My Aunt died of cancer but had Covid antibodies, so was listed as a Covid death...it's a joke.
Sigh. 1) You're conflating mandates and lockdowns with vaccinations. We pretty much handled the reason why masking and lockdowns were needed early on in pandemic: because ICUs were being overwhelmed and PPE was in short supply; vaxxing fixed that, as did improvements in supply chains. Except they're back and since 97% of those in ICUs right now are unvaxxed, it's very clear why that is still a problem. 2) The overwhelming majority of "the super spreaders" always were and are now the unvaxxed, not the vaxxed. Again, you're conflating pure counts in the nasal passages of vaxxed people with shedding virus. 3) There's always an answer, even if you don't agree with it. 4) Isn't millions already dead enough to be "super duper scary contagious and deadly?" If everyone died, then it wouldn't be scary because there'd be no one left to be scared, and, from a virus' perspective, nobody left to infect. That's why the most deadly viruses burn out. 5) Natural immunity has historically been less effective once the original virus mutated, or, as we call it now, became a variant. Good luck with yours. 6) And you're right to be skeptical about death reports, but calling the undeniable numbers of infections and death far, far beyond the number of mistakes a "joke" is, itself, a joke, and a sad one at that.

As for the media, if you are interested in getting deeply into this topic, perhaps you should do what others do when the media screw up (and they always screw up): go to the original source material. Read it yourself before deciding. In fact, don't rely on the reporters' summaries; read the scientific journals where the reports actually came from. I find them usually pretty easy to read and understand. For example, I'm one of those fully-vaxxed who actually had a reaction from exposure to an unvaxxed person on an airplane who not only refused to put on a mask, but was coughing and sneezing in a seat in the row behind me (despite the best efforts of the flight crew to get her to put on a mask). In my case I got Covid-related perniosis (more commonly-known as Covid Toes). Because I was vaxxed, my immune system was on high alert, and the high levels of interferon-1 in my system amplified by a reaction to airborne virus caused my toes to swell painfully and turn bright red two days after I landed. There's no virus in my tissues, just the same type of over-reaction to the virus that puts people in the hospital. The treatment is simply over-the-counter topical cortisone cream to increase local blood flow, and it goes away as the Interferon decreases, usually in days. How did I learn about all this? I read about it in medical journals in the U.S. and Europe. I was able to have a good conversation with my doctors and understand my treatment to handle my overproduction of Interferon. Didn't rely on the media at all.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Sigh. 1) You're conflating mandates and lockdowns with vaccinations. We pretty much handled the reason why masking and lockdowns were needed early on in pandemic: because ICUs were being overwhelmed and PPE was in short supply; vaxxing fixed that, as did improvements in supply chains. Except they're back and since 97% of those in ICUs right now are unvaxxed, it's very clear why that is still a problem. 2) The overwhelming majority of "the super spreaders" always were and are now the unvaxxed, not the vaxxed. Again, you're conflating pure counts in the nasal passages of vaxxed people with shedding virus. 3) There's always an answer, even if you don't agree with it. 4) Isn't millions already dead enough to be "super duper scary contagious and deadly?" If everyone died, then it wouldn't be scary because there'd be no one left to be scared, and, from a virus' perspective, nobody left to infect. That's why the most deadly viruses burn out. 5) Natural immunity has historically been less effective once the original virus mutated, or, as we call it now, became a variant. Good luck with yours. 6) And you're right to be skeptical about death reports, but calling the undeniable numbers of infections and death far, far beyond the number of mistakes a "joke" is, itself, a joke, and a sad one at that.

As for the media, if you are interested in getting deeply into this topic, perhaps you should do what others do when the media screw up (and they always screw up): go to the original source material. Read it yourself before deciding. In fact, don't rely on the reporters' summaries; read the scientific journals where the reports actually came from. I find them usually pretty easy to read and understand. For example, I'm one of those fully-vaxxed who actually had a reaction from exposure to an unvaxxed person on an airplane who not only refused to put on a mask, but was coughing and sneezing in a seat in the row behind me (despite the best efforts of the flight crew to get her to put on a mask). In my case I got Covid-related perniosis (more commonly-known as Covid Toes). Because I was vaxxed, my immune system was on high alert, and the high levels of interferon-1 in my system amplified by a reaction to airborne virus caused my toes to swell painfully and turn bright red two days after I landed. There's no virus in my tissues, just the same type of over-reaction to the virus that puts people in the hospital. The treatment is simply over-the-counter topical cortisone cream to increase local blood flow, and it goes away as the Interferon decreases, usually in days. How did I learn about all this? I read about it in medical journals in the U.S. and Europe. I was able to have a good conversation with my doctors and understand my treatment to handle my overproduction of Interferon. Didn't rely on the media at all.
Speaking of going to the source studies, this is out today. Despite the fact that vaxxed people who catch the Delta Varient can have the same viral load when infected, they a) are much, much less likely to get infected to begin with (80% less), and their viral load decreases rapidly compared to the unvaxed. Thus orders of magnitude fewer opportunities for vaxxed to spread the disease as compared to unvaxed.

lazyboy97o

And I know zero people who have had any kind of adverse reaction in my entire circle of family friends, and coworkers and I am in senior management at a company, there have been no incidents among our employees despite a very high vaccination rate.

None of this is data. There is also zero correlation between stroke and the vaccine. People do have strokes for othe reasons, you know. So far, the only adverse reactions are:

* Mild and easily treatable myocarditis in young men - at a much lessened severity and much lower rate than myocarditis resulting from Covid in the same age group.

That is it. No other significant adverse reactions have been linked to the vaccines. The FDA investigates reported incidences to determine if there is a link, and if there is, they have been diligent in reporting it as above.
Or the story is just a lie. Just like all of the posters who had the same story about knowing someone suing a hospital because their family member was counted as a COVID death when they knew it definitely wasn’t COVID.

MD001

I've been reading these comments for years but have never commented until now. I have been in research for Pfizer for 25 years now here in Massachusetts. To say that there has been no side effects or a correlation between the vaccine and health issues is false.
A drug goes through 5 to 7 years of trials before it's approved. These vaccines have been green lighted in 5 to 7 months. Our vaccine, we piggy back on a drug we've been working on for over 5 years and was starting its third round of trials.
We've had some health cases with people taking our vaccine but not many. Do we know if there will be any long term effects? No!!! Know one can answer that question. For you to say that there is little health risk is absurd!!! You are only going by what The CDC is telling you. We (Pfizer) along with other Pharma companies fund the majority of the CDC. They don't have the resources both employee and money to put through trials all the drugs trying to come to market. We've had health incidents come across my dept from our vaccine. Ours is probrably the safest to take and we still have health issues. STOP!!!!! telling the people on these boards your opnion and what they should do.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I've been reading these comments for years but have never commented until now. I have been in research for Pfizer for 25 years now here in Massachusetts. To say that there has been no side effects or a correlation between the vaccine and health issues is false.
A drug goes through 5 to 7 years of trials before it's approved. These vaccines have been green lighted in 5 to 7 months. Our vaccine, we piggy back on a drug we've been working on for over 5 years and was starting its third round of trials.
We've had some health cases with people taking our vaccine but not many. Do we know if there will be any long term effects? No!!! Know one can answer that question. For you to say that there is little health risk is absurd!!! You are only going by what The CDC is telling you. We (Pfizer) along with other Pharma companies fund the majority of the CDC. They don't have the resources both employee and money to put through trials all the drugs trying to come to market. We've had health incidents come across my dept from our vaccine. Ours is probrably the safest to take and we still have health issues. STOP!!!!! telling the people on these boards your opnion and what they should do.
I'm having a hard time believing that you actually work a Pfizer in any capacity that actually knows anything about these vaccines based on some of the things you said here. I am not going by just what the CDC says - I have had discussions with multiple people in the field who would know, and I trust them far more than some random person who claims to work for Pfizer.

Tell me, what vaccines historically have had long term effects that weren't evident within the first couple of months? What specific health concerns are you, a researcher at Pfizer, specifically concerned about?

Sorry, all the data that is out there, everything that not only the CDC but researchers across the globe have said say otherwise. I tend to trust the people I know than some random internet account created today claiming to be a researcher at Pfizer.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

If you’re going to lie at least get the name of the relevant regulatory agency correct.

Whippet Mom

Disney will require all salaried and non-union Cast Members to be vaccinated against COVID-19​

Anybody wonder how many employees will refuse the shots and be fired? They are already short-handed this could really hurt them .. I'm sure a lot of people will think I'm wrong but I don't think anyone should be forced to get a vaccination.

Lilofan

Anybody wonder how many employees will refuse the shots and be fired? They are already short-handed this could really hurt them .. I'm sure a lot of people will think I'm wrong but I don't think anyone should be forced to get a vaccination.
Q&A during the TWDC public company earnings call with Chapek and Wall Street on August 12 could pose some questions vaccine related / mask related in theme parks.

Mousse'

The courts already set a precedent.
Far from settled ("On June 14, 2021, Plaintiffs appealed the dismissal to the Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.")

And other states have explicitly made such vaccination requirement illegal (New Hampshire for one)

See you at SCOTUS, with a issuance of a stay likely...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom